1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Clemency request of Tookie Williams

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by Arnie, Dec 12, 2005.

?

Abolish capital punishment or not?

Poll closed Oct 9, 2006.
  1. Abolish death penalty

7 vote(s)
    28.0%
  2. Uphold death penalty

17 vote(s)
    68.0%
  3. I don't know

1 vote(s)
    4.0%
  4. Non of my business

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. wrmineo

wrmineo Peon

Best Answers:
    yo-yo:

So what is your opinion of the Michael Jackson jury then ... ?

wrmineo, Dec 12, 2005 IP
  2. yo-yo

yo-yo Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    How can you be so thoughtless. You think the effects of slavery and majority racism are gone because it happend a few generations ago??

Here's a prime example of how it still lives on : http://abcnews.go.com/Primetime/story?id=1231684&page=1

Would you be comfortable with a trial for your life on the line for murdering a black girl with a jury of all black people?? 99.9% of people have reserves and stereotypes about different races wether they admit it or not. And the farther back we go in time (25 years ago) the more racist people were and the more it was accepted.

Other crimes make it ok to execute him?

yo-yo, Dec 12, 2005 IP
  3. Hodgedup

Hodgedup Notable Member

Best Answers:
    I asked how it affects you. So these stupid racists girls show up where you work and put on shows?

I get tired of people bringing race up every time there is an issue and using it for justification. I don't believe in affirmative action either. I believe everyone should be judged on his or her own merits. Unfortunately that is a fantasy lala land thought at the moment. I can't stand hate groups of any kind. That includes groups like the KKK and the black panthers.

If I murdered a girl then I'd be forced to be judged by a jury. That sounds kind of like the case we're talking about now.

To tell you the truth I really couldn't care one way or the other if they execute him or don't.

Hodgedup, Dec 12, 2005 IP
  4. MattEvers

MattEvers Notable Member

Best Answers:
    If he dies, that's a little bit more of taxpayers money that doesn't go wasted. Not to sound like an ass, but come on...how can you have sympathy for the man?

MattEvers, Dec 12, 2005 IP
    Nitin M likes this.
  5. Henny

Henny Peon

Best Answers:

Well, I received a boatload of Red Rep for my "Good" comment. May I now add, I hope he burns in hell.

You see a freind of mine's aunt was killed by a crips gangbanger. So let me re-iterate. Good! At 12:01 I am going to do a shot of Tequila and light up a Stogie. After that I will sleep like a baby know this A-Hole is DEAD!

Henny, Dec 12, 2005 IP
  6. MattEvers

MattEvers Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Good for you..;)

MattEvers, Dec 12, 2005 IP
    yo-yo likes this.
  7. Arnie

Arnie Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    For Gods sake, why does a nation by law come down to the level of criminals by commiting planned "murder"?

- That doesn't show the greatness of a nation but sin against God and fellow Christians worldwide. I do understand the emotional state of posters which are for the death penalty, but that doesn't mean that it is allright to put anyone by law to death.

It's a principal question that especially Amercia among other nations will have to deal with seriously.

Was the death of Jesus Christ in vain?

Merry Christmas

Arnie, Dec 12, 2005 IP
  8. Arnie

Arnie Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Thanks for that rep - shove it biblethumper

Whoever it was, If you can proof we wrong of my statements then I'll pay you $1,000.00 :cool:

Whether he gets executed or not: He may be in rightstanding with the creator, I do have some concern about you and yours alike.

Europe forced Turkey to abolish captital punishment before they started even talking about EU mebership with them and they followed.

I wouldn't be surprised when those countries who still uphold capital punishment are being red-flagged soon and that the EU will act in favor for those who abolished it. :cool:

Cast you vote

Arnie, Dec 13, 2005 IP
  9. Hodgedup

Hodgedup Notable Member

Best Answers:

What are you trying to say? It makes no sense. Yeah it'd be bad if they didn't let the US into the European Union.

Hodgedup, Dec 13, 2005 IP
  10. Arnie

Arnie Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    It took 35 minutes for him to die in a perhaps very painful way

Arnie, Dec 13, 2005 IP
  11. Arnie

Arnie Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Not to become member in the EU, but economical wise ;)

Arnie, Dec 13, 2005 IP
  12. Hodgedup

Hodgedup Notable Member

Best Answers:
    I was jk about that. Can anybody on DP get in on that $1,000 bet?

13. Roman

Roman Buffalo Tamer™

Best Answers:
    I just wonder what the ratio of innocent people executed to innocent people murdered by scum released from prison because their sentence is done is.

Roman, Dec 13, 2005 IP
  14. texisman

texisman Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Tookie did his time in prison from what...I think 1981. It's hard for me to say if he should've died after all this time for his crimes. I do know this, attornies and judges do not realize when they sentence someone to so many years how long that time really is. You can only imagine what it woul be like being locked up for any amount of years without being outside. I'm talking no sex or no going out and just relaxing and enjoying life. They don't even think about what that would be like. It's rediculous. In my mind should tookie pay for what he did? Yes, without a doubt. Should he be locked up for 20 years and then put to death? Are you kidding me? There is no need to keep a person just waiting around to die for that long! I guess my point is, our law system needs to get it going or fu.. themselves. No need at all to keep a person sitting around for 20 some odd yeard to die. That's my opinion.

texisman, Dec 13, 2005 IP
  15. Roman

Roman Buffalo Tamer™

Best Answers:

What about the people that were killed, their families, their kids, quite your freekin' bleeding hearts for the monsters.

Roman, Dec 13, 2005 IP
  16. Arnie

Arnie Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    What about the cases that aren't solved and happened before the crime commited by Tookie. Are those culprits now in the congress? :D :D :D

Arnie, Dec 13, 2005 IP
  17. texisman

Best Answers:
    I'm not saying that he shouldn't of had been put to death. If you would read a little deeper into my post. I'm saying that it shouldn't have taken this long. It's stupid.

18. Hodgedup

Hodgedup Notable Member

Best Answers:
    There were numerous witnesses in his court cases, some of them saying he even bragged about the killings. He had his case reviewed 8 different times by courts. Tookie and another guy had planned out an escape that involved killing guards. He thanked a killer in one of his books. One time Tookie said he had brain damage.

Tookie Williams showed no remorse for anything he had done. He's responsible for one of the largest gangs. How many people have Crip members killed?

Tell me how Tookie was just an innocent man that got railroaded by racism.

Roman likes this.
  19. Roman

Roman Buffalo Tamer™

Best Answers:
    Your post leans a bit both ways, but I agree, it does take too long to carry out the sentence.

Roman, Dec 13, 2005 IP
  20. texisman

Best Answers:
    I'm not saying he's innocent nor am I arguing the penalty of death. I'm saying that people don't understand time. If you've ever been locked up you would understand. Our leaders of our country don'nt realize the unjustice of it.