1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Clear name instead of alias not being deleted after several requests

Discussion in 'Support & Feedback' started by prion, Mar 8, 2015.

Hello,

I got a problem that I can´t get fixed somehow and I would like to ask why so (wether there is a special rule I don´t know about that would not allow to do so).

I created several contests in this forum and bought e.g. a logo here. Now it happened that one of the designers that created logo proposals named these logo in my clear name (not my alias that I use in this forum) and posted that way indirectly my clear name which I definitely want to prevent.

I got to know about that only as this thread (https://forums.digitalpoint.com/threads/logo-for-a-neurologist-100-usd.2742010/) ranks top 3 when searching for my clear name in google.

I wrote this designer a PM but he hadn´t been online for weeks so he would not remove it as he didn´t see my PM (and I guess he became inactive meanwhile so he won´t ever see it)... I wrote several people from staff a PM and I used the "Report" feature within the thread....

But still nothing changed. So I wonder, why those attached graphics that are using my clear name cannot be removed or renamed??????

Thanks for the reply.

prion, Mar 8, 2015 IP
  2. prion

prion Active Member

Best Answers:
    still no answer? :)

prion, Mar 12, 2015 IP
  3. digitalpoint

digitalpoint Overlord of no one Staff

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    You are able to edit posts you make within 8 hours of making them, but you are not able to edit posts of other users (which is what it sounds like you are wanting to do?).

Would need the exact post in question if you want someone to be able to look at it. Linking to a 9 page thread when no one knows your name isn't terribly useful as far as pointing someone to the post you are referring to. :)

digitalpoint, Mar 12, 2015 IP
  4. prion

prion Active Member

Best Answers:
    Hello,

I already sent PMs with detailed informations and even used the "Report" Function of the referring threads, so I thought these posts should be obvious... :)

Yes I was talking about changing other people´s posts in the thread that I created as these people (or rather one) used my clear name which I don´t want to be publicated here. Posting my clear name here would be contraproductive then, but when looking at the thread one would easily see my clear name within the logo graphics....

As it seems finally the creator of the mentioned posts has removed those graphics, hence my clear name.... :)

prion, Mar 12, 2015 IP
  5. digitalpoint

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    So everything is okay?

6. prion

prion Active Member

Best Answers:
    prion, Mar 12, 2015 IP
  7. digitalpoint

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    Totally random side question, but why are you trying to hide your name in Google anyway? It's nearly impossible to do when it comes down to it because Google looks at everything (including history of edited pages and even completely deleted pages).

Generally it's an exercise in frustration when at the end of the day it probably doesn't really matter much anyway (unless I'm missing something). It's not like you were posting naked pictures of yourself somewhere with a woman who's not your wife. lol At the end of the day, what exactly is the upside to removing your name from the Internet? In the case of this specific page, are you worried that someone might find out you bought a logo for your company and didn't design it yourself, or?

8. prion

prion Active Member

Best Answers:
    I am not trying to hide my clear name, but I don´t want my clear name in google and resulting caches except for the pages I do... since it might cause irritation at my patients, that are usually older and less used to the www, hence might misunderstand things....

prion, Mar 12, 2015 IP