1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

classified ads

Discussion in 'Joomla' started by dwd22, Mar 16, 2013.

which is best template and extension for classified ads website ?

I'm looking for template similar to oxyclassified or craigslist

dwd22, Mar 16, 2013 IP
  2. Maestroc

Maestroc Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I am assuming that by wanting something like oxy or craigslist you want a very minimalist layout? Unfortunately most of the 2.5 compatible extensions for Joomla are very image oriented and not highly customizable.

I personally have had success on past sites with DJ-Classifieds and have fooled around as well with AdsManager. Of those two if I had to do it again I would stick with DJ instead. Fewer problems and easier to set up although it is a paid extension. AdsManager is a free extension though and they have a lot of additional plugins to open up additional functionality if you need it.

As for the best template, there really is no good answer for that. If you want simple, clean, and fast go for something that looks simple and clean when you look at their demo site. Avoid templates that load a lot of java or use fancy proprietary image rotator plugins, etc.

Maestroc, Apr 5, 2013 IP