1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Classic ASP Image Caching

Discussion in 'C#' started by vansterdam, Jun 13, 2012.

So I'm trying to improve the Google pagespeed rating for a website running classic ASP. One of the high priority items was to leverage browser caching for images. I've done a bit of searching trying to find out how to set something like that up, but I have no clue. I haven't done ASP programming in about 10 years and I was never particularly strong with anything advanced.

If someone can show me what code I have to enter and where I would be very appreciative. Or maybe there is some kind of tutorial out there that can show me what to do. I wouldn't think it would be very complicated, but finding the solution seems to be.

Please and thank you!!

vansterdam, Jun 13, 2012 IP
  2. SchenkerF

SchenkerF Peon

Best Answers:
    When it comes to caching, you can't really achieve much with your code (except if the Images are stored in a Database).Caching can be achieved using IIS on your hosting platform if you are able to access it directly.

SchenkerF, Jun 14, 2012 IP
  3. vansterdam

vansterdam Notable Member

Best Answers:
    oh ok, thanks man. That's why I couldn't find simple code to achieve this.

Is gzip compression the same deal?

vansterdam, Jun 15, 2012 IP
  4. SchenkerF

SchenkerF Peon

Best Answers:
    I'm not sure about gzip compression but i do know that there is a compression available in IIS - not sure how to use it though.

SchenkerF, Jun 16, 2012 IP