1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Classic Application Pool Error

Discussion in 'C#' started by jadsn003, Jul 29, 2011.

I am getting this error, If any one has solution please respond:

"A worker process '1500' serving application pool 'Classic .NET AppPool' failed to stop a listener channel for protocol 'http' in the allotted time. The data field contains the error "

The error Number that is : Event ID : 5138

Things I need:
    1) Possible Reason for this to occur.
    2) A resolution to this problem so that i dont have to restart IIS every now and then.

jadsn003, Jul 29, 2011 IP
  2. RonBrown

RonBrown Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    You shouldn't normally need to restart IIS if an application pool fails. Usually you can just re-start the application pool itself.

If you have more than one site, why not give every web site it's own application pool. That will isolate other sites from any one that is causing a problem and it will help you identify the site that is causing the problem.

MS Technet or Google would be a good place looking for answers about what the underlying problem might be as you might need more information from your servers event logs to track it down.

RonBrown, Aug 1, 2011 IP