1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Clarification on domains

Discussion in 'Domain Names' started by mikelowrey, Jul 14, 2015.

Hello,

I am interested in creating a communities about ford vehicles. I have already the name and I was wondering if my having the word "ford" in the domain would be an issue?? I do have a disclaimer that the website is not owned or associated by FORD MOTORS.

So, would this be a problem or I have the green light? Thank you!

mikelowrey, Jul 14, 2015 IP
  2. billzo

billzo Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Do a search for "ford forum" and see all the other websites using the word "ford" in the domain name. There are several. So if I were you, I would not be concerned in this case about a trademark issue.

billzo, Jul 15, 2015 IP
  3. ulterios

ulterios Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Since the Ford name is a Trademark, there is a potential for legal action or a UDRP (Ford takes the name).

However, Ford will more than likely not mind you using it if you are doing what many other sites are doing with their Trademark name in the domain, and that's promoting Ford vehicles, Parts and products.

A lot of Trademark holders don't mind use in a domain name as long as it's not s site bashing their products, or if you are making a lot of money by the association of their name in the domain.

So, don't go bashing the Ford name or getting rich and you will more than likely be ok!

ulterios, Jul 15, 2015 IP
  4. SalvadorWilliam

SalvadorWilliam Peon

Best Answers:
    By using advance domain name searching tool you can search for the availability of a particular domain name.

SalvadorWilliam, Jul 24, 2015 IP