1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

CJ will close my account soon

Discussion in 'Commission Junction' started by alhilal, Jul 1, 2007.

1. ronaldmarva

ronaldmarva Peon

Best Answers:
    I wonder what is the logic in sending deactivation email just by not getting any valid commissions in your account. Thats a big no-no in business.

But maybe CJ is banking on their formidability that they are not afraid to lose non-performing affiliates. Those are some of the luxury of being the largest network.

ronaldmarva, Jul 2, 2007 IP
  2. jdenver

jdenver Peon

Best Answers:
    Alihal,
    What are you selling?

Far be it for me to wonder what is getting 80k impressions, only 60 clicks, and not a single sale..

And by the way, this is a scare tactic. They sent the same email to a friend. They're hoping you'll improve your landing page to make more sales thus earning them more $$. They won't deactivate your account, it doesn't make any sense for them to do it.

jdenver, Jul 2, 2007 IP
  3. Claudek

Claudek Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Not sure where you get your info from but CJ does deactivate accounts that do not make sales. It is a well known fact which you can verify by reading some of the threads in the CJ forum.

I had an account disabled because I decided not to use them for a while. Now I am using them, so simply created a new account.

Claudek, Jul 2, 2007 IP
  4. tradeepak

tradeepak Banned

Best Answers:
    I agree that CJ is not behaving so nice nowadays :mad:

tradeepak, Jul 10, 2007 IP
  5. iamonline

iamonline Peon

Best Answers:
    I think CJ is mostly for big players & there aren't any sure shot rules of success in any affiliate marketing but just some basic things.

iamonline, Jul 15, 2007 IP
  6. vthomas

vthomas Peon

Best Answers:
    Like a previous user has said, it takes 6 months of inactivity to close your account.

I believe reactivating (at least the first time) is just a phone call away. Tell them you redeveloped your site or that it was down/glitchy for a few months. They may not even ask for an excuse, it's just that a lot of people register with them and then never user the programs at all. It hurts their #'s/reports to have these accounts so they periodcally disable them. They should have no problem reactivating you as long as you sound serious on the phone, and let them know you aren't one of those aforementioned sites.

vthomas, Jul 15, 2007 IP
  7. alhilal

alhilal Peon

Best Answers:
    i am selling consumer electronic related as my blog is about gadget

alhilal, Jul 15, 2007 IP