1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

CJ will close my account soon

Discussion in 'Commission Junction' started by alhilal, Jul 1, 2007.

i have been joining CJ for few years, and i take this affiliate program as serious business in the last three month. last month i got >80k impressions, >60 cliks with no single lead and of course with no sales at all.
    and today they emailed me:

.. "You are receiving this email because we are concerned that your Commission Junction publisher account hasnt generated any valid commissions (from payable transactions) recently. We encourage you to begin earning commissions as quickly as possible. Otherwise, your publisher account is at risk of being deactivated for the reason of non-productivity. Please see the Commission Junction Publisher Service Agreement for further explanation.

Accounts deactivated for non-productivity are not eligible for reactivation. However, when you are ready to redevelop your publisher business and begin actively promoting offers, you may create a new account and rejoin the CJ Marketplace." ...

what should i do? waiting for Google refferal 2?

alhilal, Jul 1, 2007 IP
  2. Zetman

Zetman Peon

Best Answers:
    1) Reactivate your account later when u feel u can make a sale or lead, just like what CJ said.

2) Ask your friends (who really need the products:D)to buy from your site. But please be remind that it can only help in the short run.

Zetman, Jul 1, 2007 IP
  3. populartemplate

populartemplate Banned

Best Answers:
    60 clicks in a month isn't that good. People usually make a sale every 200 or so clicks.

populartemplate, Jul 1, 2007 IP
  4. stickysnail

stickysnail Active Member

Best Answers:
    I have had hundreds of clicks with no sales. I have been very dissapointed with CJ results. I don't know why they would even send an email like that. Seems rediculous.

stickysnail, Jul 1, 2007 IP
  5. sharkyx

sharkyx Peon

Best Answers:
    Ridiculous e-mail, imho this shouldn't have been sent. I mean what harm do you do if you don't sell anything ?

sharkyx, Jul 1, 2007 IP
  6. Zetman

Zetman Peon

Best Answers:
    I also think that u should reply CJ that with over 80k impression in a month should deserve some respects.

Impression is a form of display ad, too and u provide it FOR FREE...!!!

Zetman, Jul 1, 2007 IP
  7. loopline

loopline Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I just recieved the same email today, although I dont know why becuase they deactivated my account 2 weeks ago. I was dissappointed with CJ. I use Azoogle and have had great results for CPA. I also use Adversal. If you are getting 80K impressions and not making any money they you could use CPM. You wont get rich from adversal, but they are very good. I get about 20,000 UV per month and I make $200+ per month from adversal (although it runs on proxified pages, but UV count is based upon the home page.) Also you might try PPC or Google Ad sense. Just my two cents.

MAtt

loopline, Jul 1, 2007 IP
  8. KingNomar

KingNomar Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    also received it a minute ago... might set up a new site and really target it

KingNomar, Jul 1, 2007 IP
  9. jessicalynn

jessicalynn Peon

Best Answers:
    That's pretty harsh of them. Maybe you'll have better luck promoting other products anyway.

jessicalynn, Jul 1, 2007 IP
  10. CANAffiliate

CANAffiliate Peon

Best Answers:
    I haven't begun my endeavors just yet since I am building my sites and getting traffic going first. But this is the reason why I have hesitated to join CJ in the past. Especially with issues cited such as this. It does seem pretty harsh of them to suspend an account if that account is sending obvious traffic to the site.

It appears the OP is really working hard and trying, and that should be a sign that the OP is not a slacker but a sincere worker. Not the highest traffic in the world, relatively speaking, but it'd be nice to hear that CJ can be seen as reasonable enough to accept an human explanation that will be read by a human, not a bean counter.

Forgive me, I'm new. Not inexperienced. Just new to becoming an affiliate myself. But my 'perception' of CJ has not been very high. Maybe that will change once I join. Dunno. :(

CANAffiliate, Jul 2, 2007 IP
  11. populartemplate

populartemplate Banned

Best Answers:
    I don't know, some of you are complaining about CJ harsh ruling concerning them closing your account. Please keep in mind that they do that if within 6 months you haven't made a single sale. I got to say that if you didn't make any type of sale within 6 months, then your site doesn't work good with affiliate. Some here say that the site owner pretty much advertised CJ's merchants for free. Well, there really isn't any gain at all for the merchants if there were no sales from the site owner. They are paying you for a sale, not for publicizing their offers.

populartemplate, Jul 2, 2007 IP
  12. mad4

mad4 Peon

Best Answers:
    If you don't sell anything why do you care if the account is closed? If CJ isn't working try something else.

80,000 impressions and no sales is not very good at all. What is the site? Maybe I can help.

mad4, Jul 2, 2007 IP
  13. quite

quite Peon

Best Answers:
    surely cpm ads would work much better?!

quite, Jul 2, 2007 IP
  14. CANAffiliate

CANAffiliate Peon

Best Answers:
    I think what may be happening here is that even though the person is not 'yet' making sales due to his possible inexperience or new entry in the business, the fact that people are indeed clicking through does benefit the merchant through brand recognition, and possible link relevance with the search engines. However, free advertising is always nice for any going concern.

True, merchants are paying people for a sale, but only pay when there is a sale. Unless ppc is still around and it is my understanding that it doesn't widely exist anymore.

I'm all about results too... another reason I haven't yet pulled the trigger to join CJ because I wouldn't want to get booted my first year if I don't have the traffic to convert just yet. But it does take time and for someone new to the business, the only way to get more experience is to put things into action. CJ suspending accounts for newbies during their first six months when they are obviously selling non-converting traffic seems a bit unreasonable. I understand the concept, but a newbie with some traffic has some success. Success breeds success. Being told you're not good enough could thwart the building upon that success, or worse.

It seems like there are a lot of vendors using CJ so that makes it attractive to join for no other reason. On the other hand, if CJ wasn't as harsh, then I imagine there would be issues with abuse, fraud, complacency, etc. Again, I'm new to this end (I managed my own affiliate business for my employer's company for years successfully, but that was from the other side of the business). It's just a shame for me that I cannot sign up directly with a vendor that has enlisted CJ because the companies I do promote right now who don't use CJ are doing pretty well, are responsive, and aren't as harsh with the rules.

Of course, being new to the community, I don't want to step on any toes. As I gain more experience with CJ, my perceptions will either be affirmed or improved. Nonetheless, I hope people like the OP or others who were suspended can easily reinstate their accounts. Is it difficult to do so?

15. allout

allout Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    CJ drops you after 6 months of no sales. I have tried twice and had no success with CJ. I think they should just leave it up because it is free advertising but I guess they do not share my opinion. The first time I joined, I had a slow start to my site and my site took off just about the time they dropped my account. I have never received an email from them, I just went to go into my account and boom it was deactivated. I say unless you have a huge traffic site, it is a waste of time.

allout, Jul 2, 2007 IP
  16. CANAffiliate

CANAffiliate Peon

Best Answers:
    Exactly why I have not signed with them. It's unreasonable to think that anyone can just 'poof' come up with traffic and sales out of the chute. Not much encouragement for newbies, unfortunately.

17. allout

allout Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    I guess they just want you to sign up if you are already a success but by than most people have something else established. I guess they have their reasons and it must work for them but I can't find any logic in it.

allout, Jul 2, 2007 IP
  18. Trisha

Trisha Active Member

Best Answers:
    I joined Commission Junction about a year ago and I'm very pleased with them. My sales started very slowly but I put some work into the website and searched for products that I thought people would like to buy. My sales per number of clicks are much higher than those indicated in this thread. I'm not making a fortune but it covers my expenses as far as broadband and web hosting goes. I have a niche site and this really helps when joining a program like CJ. You know in advance the type of product you are going to promote and you have a good idea of what people want.

Trisha, Jul 2, 2007 IP
  19. populartemplate

populartemplate Banned

Best Answers:
    And also to note. If CJ does close down your account, you can very easily create another one, so there isn't much harm done.

populartemplate, Jul 2, 2007 IP
  20. CANAffiliate

CANAffiliate Peon

Best Answers:
    I think we all, starting out, hope to make a living off our efforts and I am encouraged by your success story, even at this point. I'm sure all will get even better and I wish you the best. I can't tell you how encouraging your reply is, Trisha. :) I hope I can bounce ideas both publicly and privately with you and everyone in the future as I become more involved.

Thank you so much for the assurance, PT. I've read enough about CJ that they somewhat appear to be more unreasonable than reasonable. Don't know exactly what's true yet, but it sounds like issues can be, at least, rectified.

However, your comment helps a lot. And I'm sure this assurance will benefit the OP (at least, I hope). I personally won't sign up until I have most of my focus in place with my sites. Don't want to do anything half-assed at this point and blow it before I even begin.

Thx all! :)