1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

CJ vs. Pepperjam?

Discussion in 'Commission Junction' started by lorocreative, Oct 8, 2008.

1. WeNeedAffiliates

WeNeedAffiliates Peon

Best Answers:
    CJ: a Brand
    PJn: No

CJ.. CPA is less
    PJn: CPA is Less

CJ : a Lot of offers
    PJn: less offers

CJ: less tracking
    PJn: less tracking

CJ: Good Systems.
    PJn: Bad Systems

CJ: Payments quick
    Pjn: sucks

working as affiliate for network is no loss to its affiliates... its open market.... they are just one of other 1000's of affiliates to compete with.

However, its bad to work with google affiliate network.. because they will have all the information about keywords and such stuff...

Sam

WeNeedAffiliates, Oct 12, 2008 IP
  2. Shaved Cootch & Ace

Shaved Cootch & Ace Peon

Best Answers:
    I'm glad to see this out in the open. I'm new to AFF so this sorta airing of dirty laundry helps.

Personally, one tactic I've used in the investment world is to actually get a job or intern with the firm in question for a few months.

I did this before I invested so I could see how investments, client accounts, hedges, etc. were really handled.

I don't know if anyone is doing this in the AFF world, but they should... and post it here.

Anyway, lets see this thread grow. PJN -- you need to explain yourself.

Shaved Cootch & Ace, Oct 13, 2008 IP
  3. pepperjam

pepperjam Guest

Best Answers:
    tvmatt - that's hilarious! You are paranoid.

We haven't run anything on 1insearch in several years.

Not that I need to explain myself to those of you out there that are naturally paranoid about most things in life, but....

I started out as a super affiliate back in 1999 after I tried to monetize Web traffic that I generated for a gourmet food business I was involved i.

By 2002 I was oe fo the largest super affiliates in the biz.

In 2000 I was asked by several companies to help them grow their online businesses - the idea of being a consultant was interesting so I gave it a try.

In late 2002 / early 2003 I moved away from personally being an affiliate full-time and instead focused on building a consulting / marketing services biz.

Well...that company (the marketing services / technology (Pepperjam Network) has really taken off. We've been recognized as one of the fastest growing businesses in the UNited States fr the last three years consecutively.

Now wouldn't it be compleely stupid to in any way shape or form jeopardize the amazing company I built by doing anything that would be unethical or completely unfair?

Exactly.

This case should be closed.

Sorry to poke fun at you for being paranoid, but from my experience it's far better to worry about your own business model than to worry about how somebody or everybody elses success will impede your success. In fact, that approach will elad to failure 99 out of 100 times.

My best,

Kris

pepperjam, Oct 13, 2008 IP
  4. pepperjam

pepperjam Guest

Best Answers:
    Shaved Cootch & Ace - interesting that this is your first post.

Nothing to explain.

Move on.

If you or anyone else here on DP wants to join PJN we hope you do....

However, if you've decided to migrate over here from ABW with your paranoia, please don't waste your time.

The truth about Pepperjam Network is that it is a great network where affiliates and advertisers can partner with one another to make more money.

This idea that somehow we are in this to steal information so that we could make more money as affiliates is completely and utterly ludacris.

Seriously, DP is about making more money, it's not a wild goose hunt like other similar boards. :)

BTW - I look forward to your second post on some other thread than this one.....but I'm not holding my breath...and neither are other DP members who know that you are a spammer.

5. pepperjam

pepperjam Guest

Best Answers:
    vitalbusiness - interesting opinion. I say interesting bec/ most people would think it's a good thing that I am active on DP and elsewhere. :)

I'm a huge supporter of social media, including forums, blogs, and sites like Facebook, Twitter, and Stumbleupon.

As CEO of Pepperjam I use all of these sites as resources to stay intune with what's going on in our industry.

I actually find it ironic that some of the other companies you mentioned only send entry-level employees to interact with the people who drive their business - affiliates and Web site owners like those found on DP.

To me it's simple - by staying involved on the front lines you let your partners know how much they mean to you. it's a simple ign that Pepperjam is different and we value our partners on a leve that other competing networks seem out of touch with.

Kris

6. pepperjam

pepperjam Guest

Best Answers:
  7. Johu

Johu Peon

Best Answers:
    Fair enough, I was just repeating what I had heard from a friend of mine at another network.

As for your "wild goose hunt" comment regarding ABW, I agree that ABW can get a bit tense at times (and I don't like the atmosphere there), but you didn't exactly do a good job of trying to diffuse that situation.

For me, I'm just waiting a bit for PJ to prove itself vs. CJ. I have a good relationship with my account rep at CJ, and haven't quite found anything in my niches to run out of PepperJam. A few offers I was originally considering disappeared from PJ, so I either put those on pause or chose similar merchants in other networks.

Congrats on building PepperJam up from what it originally was, though. You have my respect there for sure. I'm actually a fan of semi-hot jams, and it looks like you are too. :D

Johu, Oct 13, 2008 IP
  8. pepperjam

pepperjam Guest

Best Answers:
    Johu,

Thanks.

Yep - that's my grandmother's jam at the bottom of the Amazon page. :)

My brother and I bottled it up and started selling it in 1999 and I've been jamming ever since.

Kris

9. jodyq

jodyq Peon

Best Answers:
    LOOL hehee. Listen it shouldn't be who is better. Pepperjam or CJ. It all comes down to how can I Make money out of both. Don't limit your self to one program. Me I have CJ, Linkshare, Partnerweekly, Some merchants inhouse, Prosperity is not limited neither should your choices sign up for both and incorporate the best of the 2 on your site and get the best out of both worlds.

jodyq, Oct 13, 2008 IP
  10. vitalbusiness

vitalbusiness Peon

Best Answers:
    I don't think it's anywhere close to the reality. I know you were associated with CJ in the past (or some of your current employees were) and may know some of the inside things that are going on there, are you stating the facts or just guessing?

I don't believe any company sends associates here to drive their business. It makes no sense. If they do they are not a company I want to be a part of.

Seriously, you can get any volume of customers by investing in the well-known PPC services. This forum, as good as it is, is a small fish (very small).

vitalbusiness, Oct 13, 2008 IP
  11. vitalbusiness

vitalbusiness Peon

Best Answers:
    I started using Neverblue about 2 months ago. Their advertisers' payouts are about a double of what the same advertisers pay on CJ. I like it.

Are you using the Neverblue services?

12. jodyq

jodyq Peon

Best Answers:
    I have never heard of it, I am looking it up now! Thank you! Just signed up! Waiting approval.

jodyq, Oct 13, 2008 IP
  13. vitalbusiness

vitalbusiness Peon

Best Answers:
    No problem. They will call you personally once your application is approved or not approved (if you decide to apply). They, actually, assign a rep. to work with you if you have advertising questions and so forth. I like it.

14. WeNeedAffiliates

WeNeedAffiliates Peon

Best Answers:
    I rate PJM 3/10

Sam

WeNeedAffiliates, Oct 13, 2008 IP
  15. vitalbusiness

vitalbusiness Peon

Best Answers:
    Say, whaaaa?

16. Johu

Johu Peon

Best Answers:
    That's pretty descriptive - Explanations of the rank would be a lot more helpful here.

Johu, Oct 13, 2008 IP
  17. WeNeedAffiliates

WeNeedAffiliates Peon

Best Answers:
    I will take $5000 as consultation fee from PJM for descriptive answer.

Ask them if they ever need so

Sam

WeNeedAffiliates, Oct 13, 2008 IP
  18. swollenpickles

swollenpickles Active Member

Best Answers:
    I'd love to work at a frat house!!

swollenpickles, Oct 13, 2008 IP
  19. Johu

Johu Peon

Best Answers:
    The only people I've ever known to "work" at a frat house (literally) are pledges who would be forced to clean up the mess from a party... :D

Johu, Oct 13, 2008 IP
  20. pepperjam

pepperjam Guest

Best Answers:
    WeNeedAffiliates - thanks for the vote of confidence.

I guess if everyone thought we were an 8, 9, or 10/10 (I think most do) than we wouldn't really need to do too much more to stay competitive and innovative.

Well - we don't take things for granted.

We've built a great product from the ground up; however, we are constantly doing things to improve our network.

BTW - I'm not sure how you can compare a NeverBlueAds to a CJ or Pepperjam.

All NeverBlueAds has is lead generation offers - CPL and CPA stuff - they dont' work with any retail companies.

Why the comparison here? Do you only promote CPA offers?

Pepperjam Network has an almost even split between lead generation and retail-based (rev share) offers.

I understand your low rating if all you promote is e-mail or zip submit offers - we don't have too many of those types of offers.

Most of our advertisers are big recognizable names that either payout on a per lead or revenue share basis.

Kris