1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

CJ tracking and clicks - how to know?

Discussion in 'Commission Junction' started by northpointaiki, Jan 24, 2006.

Separate from http://forums.digitalpoint.com/showthread.php?t=53095, how does one tell if the links are being tracked and credited? I ask because although my backcountry link, for example, goes to the website, I see no clicks showing on CJ when looking at the CJ report for today. I don't know if there is a lag, but cannot imagine why there would be. I have not had one sale out of tens of 1000's of impressions, and am wondering what is up.

northpointaiki, Jan 24, 2006 IP
  2. Design Agent

Design Agent Peon

Best Answers:
    Buy something and test it. ;)

Design Agent, Jan 24, 2006 IP
  3. northpointaiki

northpointaiki Guest

Best Answers:
    You first.:p

4. Design Agent

Design Agent Peon

Best Answers:
    Take a look through 5Staraffiliates posts and you will see stuff about aff tracking/ hijacking etc

Design Agent, Jan 24, 2006 IP
  5. aeronautic.net

aeronautic.net Active Member

Best Answers:
    I can't speak for the specifics of your links, but I've found that using the EBay Editor's Kit via CJ produces similar confusing reporting.

No impressions reported in this case, but clicks showing with a big delay in revenue reporting. It shows up as a "smart link" type ad.

Report card: Needs to improve ;)

aeronautic.net, Jan 24, 2006 IP
  6. northpointaiki

northpointaiki Guest

Best Answers:
    Thanks, DesignAgent. It appears from combing this forum, and 5Star's site and blogs, that CJ is working pretty assiduously to contain this problem. I am gathering it is not very prevalent, and the companies I rep for are themselves entirely above board, so client-side parasitic behavior is out of the realm of possibility.

That being said - is there a lag between clicking a link and it showing up on today's report?

And, secondly, out of 10's of thousands of visits, with a CTR of .0100 to .0250. What is wrong, here? Any guesses would be appreciated.