1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Cj Stealing money?

Discussion in 'Commission Junction' started by cpugeek, Dec 18, 2007.

1. WharfeValley Systems

WharfeValley Systems Active Member

Best Answers:
    it has been noted that certain anti-spyware and virus programs make cookie based affil links like Ebay links not work

WharfeValley Systems, Dec 19, 2007 IP
  2. gustav1989

gustav1989 Guest

Best Answers:
    No, the only way he knew to go straight to that item was through my link.

He doesn't have that problem. He clicked on my link on my site and went to ebay, registered and used the buy it now. No spy blockers. Ebay just didn't track it.

Maybe the actual sales were 240,000. I guess you never know.

How do you know that? Does ebay provide that info.?

After the fact, I read a lot of people who have done this type of test and ebay hasn't tracked their sales or new registrations. Ebay affiliate forum is full of those complains.

gustav1989, Dec 20, 2007 IP
  3. comicartfans

comicartfans Peon

Best Answers:
    Yeah, and the majority of those people did things like enter their CJ ID instead of their PID when they're getting started. I've helped many of them, and have yet to see an issue that wasn't user created aside from the serious tracking issues eBay had last April. Plenty of people entering invalid SIDs that wont track, etc. That's where the majority of the problems occur.

I know the credit card was rejected because I have an assigned affiliate manager at eBay. I asked why it was reversed and they told me.

A spy blocker or virus software app would let him get to ebay, but it wouldn't allow the cookie to be set. So no tracking.

-Bill

comicartfans, Dec 20, 2007 IP
  4. chaos4u

chaos4u Peon

Best Answers:
    What the Hell…

Every system is fallible. It does not matter which advertising network you are using. There are too many variables that could lead to a ‘no sale’. It is just something that you have to accept.

If you want a perfect advertising network system where you will always be paid, then I suggest that you develop one yourself. You are at the mercy of the third party system.

I have received money in CJ and then a few days later it was gone. For whatever reason, I don’t care. And if the money never even shows, then I still don’t care.

All I am saying is you should just be thankful that there are affiliate programs and third party advertising networks.

chaos4u, Dec 20, 2007 IP
  5. comicartfans

comicartfans Peon

Best Answers:
    Amen. LOL.

I agree. If you cant stand the heat get out of the game. We all lose enough sales to anti-spyware apps, Sniping sites, Users who find something they like thanks to our sites and then running over to incentivised sites like UPromise or BigCrumbs (etc etc etc), and the list goes on and on. There are certainly more ways and reasons to not get your commissions than there are to get them.

And who knows, maybe I only made 100,000 sales and they gave me 120,000 if their reporting is really that bad. Either way, I'll take it and be happy.

-Bill

comicartfans, Dec 21, 2007 IP
  6. Trespasser

Trespasser Peon

Best Answers:
    It's funny...I had a poor November with hardly a sale. CJ were crooks and I was being screwed.

Now I've had an okay December with a couple of sales. CJ is a good idea again!

Looking for better advertisement earnings that AdSense? Try sponsorship http://www.review-a-gadget.com/Sponsor.php

Trespasser, Dec 21, 2007 IP
  7. e-webtemplates

e-webtemplates Peon

Best Answers:
    clix99, I agree with you.

cpugeek, Did you contact CJ about the commission disappearance?. May be you have to pick up good advertisers.

e-webtemplates, Dec 21, 2007 IP
  8. tvmatt

tvmatt Peon

Best Answers:
    Let's put it very simply - if CJ does not track a sale, they lose the ~30% of fees that they get on top of your commission. So if you earn a $30 commission, CJ makes $9 on average. If you earn $100,000 in a year, CJ just made around $30,000 on that.

CJ has a HUGE incentive to track commissions properly. CJ will investigate and run test transactions for advertisers if they suspect that all commissions aren't tracking.

I'm sick and tired of everyone on this forum thinking that all affiliate and CPA networks are out to get them...

tvmatt, Dec 22, 2007 IP
  9. hosting.network

hosting.network Banned

Best Answers:
    CJ tracking has gone very poor.

hosting.network, Dec 22, 2007 IP
  10. thefreebielife

thefreebielife Peon

Best Answers:
    Again, i have not seen any signs of this.

thefreebielife, Dec 23, 2007 IP
  11. cpugeek

cpugeek Active Member

Best Answers:
    The advertiser I'm having problems with is "Electronic Transfer Account" which pays for leads which is filling out as form online.

They reversed closed to $160 since the last 2 months. They pay $10 per lead. i emailed them and no answer

cpugeek, Feb 1, 2008 IP
  12. cpugeek

cpugeek Active Member

Best Answers:
    yeah its seems like a hate and luv relationship

cpugeek, Feb 1, 2008 IP
  13. experienceadvertising

experienceadvertising Peon Affiliate Manager

Best Answers:
    Many merchants in CJ go over all the leads and sales they get and approve or reject them as "good" or "bad". They only payout on the good leads. Each company has different parameters for what they consider an acceptable lead. If you disagree, you should contact the merchant's affiliate manager to ask why. This may or may not get you anywhere depending on the merchant and how willing they are to work with you as an affiliate. This assumes of course that leads you produce are valid.

experienceadvertising, Feb 1, 2008 IP
  14. experienceadvertising

experienceadvertising Peon Affiliate Manager

Best Answers:
    Most merchants that do lead generation offers are looking at all the leads their affiliate produce and making judgement calls as to the validity of the leads and reversing the leads that are deemed to be invalid or bad leads. you can go to the merchant and complain however you may or may not get anywhere. But generally if the leads you are producing are good quality they will work with you. Each merchant has their own parameters for determining a good lead and a bad lead..

experienceadvertising, Feb 1, 2008 IP
  15. nonyf

nonyf Guest

Best Answers:
    I trust them generally. It's the advertisers that can be a problem (e.g. Poker Room Scam?)... CJ could be crooked but they still pay me!! I think in reality though the spyware problem which has been established combined with tracking issues and the trust involved in any tracking system can get people on edge / anxious. I couldn't live without them!

nonyf, Feb 7, 2008 IP
  16. nonyf

nonyf Guest

Best Answers:
    If you're impacted by the poker room upset, please let it be known. Ultimately, Commission Junction is one of those can't live with, can't live without things for me. Sometimes I wonder but ultimately, I love : )

nonyf, Feb 7, 2008 IP
  17. Tom Thumb

Tom Thumb Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Ive seen them take $10 for subscription?

Tom Thumb, Feb 8, 2008 IP
  18. dpQuint

dpQuint Active Member

Best Answers:
    There was an article out a few months ago about some toolbar that was replacing affiliate IDs with their own. I don't remember which one, but if someone had the bad toolbar installed in their browser, and bought an affiliate product, the real affiliate ID was replaced with the toolbar scammer's ID

dpQuint, Feb 14, 2008 IP
  19. tvmatt

tvmatt Peon

Best Answers:
    There are some companies that do this, but it must involve user action first & approval from CJ and the merchants. Most of these companies (such as eBates) are actually moving away from the toolbar methods, since users don't like downloading software & many merchants don't approve of these techniques.

tvmatt, Feb 14, 2008 IP
  20. iBall

iBall Active Member

Best Answers:
    I having the same problem here, I confirm tht I have did at least 1 lead under CJ, however why it never show in my performance report!!

WHY??

iBall, Feb 16, 2008 IP