1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

CJ payment checks status - September 2011

Discussion in 'Commission Junction' started by DukeAce, Sep 19, 2011.

1. adnonsense

adnonsense Peon

Best Answers:
    Maybe they take time to switch to Fedex. CJ has started Direct deposit in 24 European countries, but I am afraid of changing to DD as I have heard many horror stories in forums of CJ payments being delayed for months after some members shifted from check to DD

adnonsense, Oct 3, 2011 IP
  2. blog4u

blog4u Banned

Best Answers:
    hmm.. :) i hope u all can get your money fast

blog4u, Oct 4, 2011 IP
  3. DukeAce

DukeAce Member

Best Answers:
    Sorry I wasn't able to come online from the past couple of days. Okay let me tell you what I have experienced until now on CJ. Read their whole procedure below.

All the sales upto 1st to 5th date of a month gets locked on 10th of that month. Means sometimes they lock it on 10th and sometimes on 11th. Once the payment is locked, their advertisers give them confirmation for all those sales, and in that period, those commissions might go up and down, depending on the sales, refunds or chargebacks (which usually doesn't happen that much). On 17th - 20th of that month, the payment goes from Locked to Current. Once you get your payment in Current, that amount is ready for and is all YOURS. Then later on between 20th to 27th, they will send you the check. So when they are preparing your check, you will see some updates in your account, like the Current payment going into the Publisher Payments box and will be enclosed with BRACKETS like this --> ($327.38). Remember, whenever you see payment in CJ account wrapped with Braces (Brackets) then always assume that this amount is going to be deducted from your account, it's considered as -Minus.

Yes CJ had a few hours of downtime and they also mentioned it 1 week ago in their Alert box, which appears on the left under the header when you log into your account.

Kindly keep this in mind, if you haven't reached the threshold of $100, CJ will not send you the check that month. Instead, that payment of yours will be rolled over for the next month. This is all what happens if you request your payment via Check (not direct deposit). Hope it helps you understanding the payment schedule and policy of Commission Junction.

Sometimes Commission Junction staff doesn't prioritize it's publishers that good. They are sometimes sort of ignoring their publishers. I have also been ignored a couple of times for more than 5 days straight and when I started to get frustrated, I made a phone call to their office in USA and yelled at the beautiful voiced soft natured girl :p She asked for my affiliate id and immediately forwarded my request to the responsible department and I got the reply on their website's online support within 2 hours lol. I have also set up the FedEx service to receive my checks and each month I have to bear the $40 deduction from my total payment. Now frogjy tell me approximately when did you request them for FedEx and did you ever get a reply to that ticket? If YES, then you should try and contact them once again and tell them you wanted to receive your payment checks via FedEx, why the hell have they sent your payment via snail mail.

DukeAce, Oct 4, 2011 IP
  4. DukeAce

DukeAce Member

Best Answers:
    No bro, they don't take time to switch to Fedex, it's like instant. They just mark your account for FedEx in their administration panel. I still remember when I first submitted the ticket to set up my account for FedEx, it was 19th of that month and with 1 day of co-ordination they set up my account for FedEx. On 23rd of that month, they sent me check which I received on 27th via FedEx.

DukeAce, Oct 4, 2011 IP
  5. adnonsense

adnonsense Peon

Best Answers:
    Thanks DukeAce. Now I know the entire payment procedure on CJ coz you filled in the gaps. My problem is a bit peculiar. I started with CJ in July and received a mail from CJ (the standard one) regarding my promotional methods at the end of August. I replied honestly and CJ said that it had asked the advertiser to check the quality of the leads. I got no further mail from CJ regarding the quality check and received the auto reply that they were assuming my issue was resolved because I had not replied for 72 hours. The commissions got locked on Sept 11 and I was expecting to be paid on Sept 25-27. But I did not get paid in September and the amount slipped down to current commissions. At the end of September, I again received a query from CJ regarding my tax information because the address and payee address were different. I gave them the reason that I was accepting payment in a friend's name who stays elsewhere to avoid taxation issues in my country. CJ told me that it was okay but they were still waiting to hear from the advertiser about the quality check of the leads. I still havent heard anything after that and I am wondering if they continue to check the quality of leads even after the commissions are locked. Or maybe they mean the quality of the new leads? The commissons for Sept are now showing in new commissions and the total commissions shows the new and pending commissions. I am confused as to what could be happening...

adnonsense, Oct 4, 2011 IP
  6. DukeAce

DukeAce Member

Best Answers:
    After hearing about this, I would like to ask a few things from you.
    First, Are you living in United States? Because if you are outside United States, somewhere in Asia then you shouldn't face any tax issues, until your country enforces it on you. Second, What kind of niche are you running the CJ Ads on? And what type of advertisers you have. Some advertisers take 30 days after the sale or lead, and some take 60 days to pay out.

Apart from this, CJ has asked me too about my promotional methods that I use to promote my website, and I also replied to them honestly. But if an advertiser has sent them some sort of complaint that your site is generating illegal or invalid customers, then CJ will be a pain. This usually doesn't happen if you have chosen to work with a BIG advertiser, and not some small one. Try contacting CJ once again, but don't do this by going on their customer support, instead, give them a phone call and ask them verbally about what they are planning for you. They will be asking for your Publisher ID that is associated on the top right, just after your name (7 or 8 digit number). So have it ready by writing it on a piece of paper before calling them. Tell them your entire problem and ask for a plain solution for it. This is a textbook method.

When I started working on CJ, they took 3 months to send me my first payment check. They asked me about my promotional methods and dragged that support chat to 1 month, which forced me to forget about my payment for that month and later on, they still held my payment until I gave them proof about my promotional methods. CJ sometimes become a real pain, but after you are cleared from these promotional methods' QUESTIONS, you are a free publisher, you will always get your payment on time and if you cross $100 threshold every month, there's no doubt you will be getting a payment check each month without skipping.

DukeAce, Oct 7, 2011 IP
  7. adnonsense

adnonsense Peon

Best Answers:
    Yes, I live outside the US and had submitted a US name and address of a friend to get approval from the advertiser, but later made changes to the payee name, but left the US address unchanged. I am promoting free product trials for 1 week to 10 days and the actions lock on the 10th of each month. The advertiser seems to have no problem but CJ is the one creating a problem this time. If CJ had not asked for a quality check of the leads, I am sure I would have got my payment by now because the advertiser seems to be unsure as CJ tipped them off that something could be wrong and asked them to do a quality check of the leads, when there's nothing illegitimate.

adnonsense, Oct 7, 2011 IP
  8. DukeAce

DukeAce Member

Best Answers:
    Yes that happens to almost every publisher on CJ now a days. As I said, they perform all these checks once and it is a really painful period of time for the publisher. But, after this all is done, you will start getting your payments on time.

I wish you never had used that friend's address of yours in the first place. Because, people/publishers "from" United States must face tax issues. You should directly request checks in your own country. Now just contact them and stay in the co-ordination through this time with them. They might try to bend your hopes down, don't let it happen to you, stay stiff as you are doing legitimate work and I'm sure your efforts won't go futile :). Give them ANY proof they want and don't let them come over yourself.

DukeAce, Oct 10, 2011 IP
  9. Satya Joshi

Satya Joshi Active Member

Best Answers:
    The same thing with me still didn't get the payment; As per you guys conversation; hoping for this month; But still not sure;

Satya Joshi, Apr 21, 2018 IP