1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

CJ is totally worthless

Discussion in 'Commission Junction' started by Laceygirl, Jan 5, 2008.

1. Barefootsies

Barefootsies Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    No offense man, but you could always do a site on how to use double and triple negatives in a sentence :p. Kidding.

Back on point, I do not know about totally. But it is something that requires a learning curve, and some experimentation. Oh, and time.

IMHO, that mess is just a compliment to a site (affiliate add ins). Not the main attraction.

That's like someone watching an hour long show of commercials.

2 cents.

Barefootsies, Jan 11, 2008 IP
  2. Sxperm

Sxperm Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Hi GrAveTzT, I was the one who made a little on CJ. Only $6 for 6 months. You have to jumped in learning curve and learn which one is work or not. As many peoples here stated, quality targeted traffic is the key. Keyword research is the most important part for this. Not only paid services like Wordtracker, keyword discovery but you may have to imagine with everything you see as it might be a good keyword. :D Just my opinion.

Sxperm, Jan 11, 2008 IP
  3. WolfMother

WolfMother Member

Best Answers:

Kerosene, very true. I do have the most success with the low priced items. What I said in my first post is low price(cheap watches, sofas, cell phones etc) Lucrative does not mean expensive. But I think we can both agree that it took some time finding out the system before we made money. I tried a lot of the expensive things at first, it took at least 1.5 months before I even made my first sale, but now that the affiliate stores are setup I don't have to do anything but check my account.

It's the effort, time, and right direction that get you ahead in affiliate marketing. I also have some tricks up my sleeve that some people would frown upon in respect to CJ but they are probably just angry because I am outcompeting them.

WolfMother, Jan 11, 2008 IP
  4. Kerosene

Kerosene Alpha & Omega™ Staff

Best Answers:
    Let's hear about 'em! :)

Kerosene, Jan 11, 2008 IP
  5. tvmatt

tvmatt Peon

Best Answers:
    I've seen affiliates try just about every trick thinking they won't get caught... and those affiliates have gotten thousands of dollar of commissions reversed. What's this trick? I can guarantee you that it's been tried before, and either a) isn't really a trick or b) won't make you money for much longer.

tvmatt, Jan 11, 2008 IP
  6. WolfMother

WolfMother Member

Best Answers:
    I've had a lot of commissions reversed. Thousands, yes. I make a list of those merchants and don't use them after that. This technique employs a BANS approach with automated product/merchant results dependent on thousands of researched keywords. After that its a mix of organic/pushed traffic, cloaking, redirects, etc, methods which most people love to whine about.

It amuses me that you can make such solid statements on a method that you probably have no idea about. I have pm'd some of the other people about it, but i am not helping out any pessimistic trolls.

WolfMother, Jan 12, 2008 IP
  7. inishtyle

inishtyle Banned

Best Answers:
    No cj rocks you just have to know how to use it.

inishtyle, Jan 12, 2008 IP
  8. StonePilot

StonePilot Active Member

Best Answers:
    I agree with you on this point.

StonePilot, Mar 10, 2011 IP
  9. BlueDevilMedia

BlueDevilMedia Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    This thread is over 3 years old....I'm sure many people have agreed since this was posted lol

BlueDevilMedia, Mar 10, 2011 IP
  10. mikow78

mikow78 Member

Best Answers:
    CB vs CJ vs Chitika "which one better"

mikow78, Mar 26, 2011 IP
  11. Montreal Classifieds

Montreal Classifieds Active Member

Best Answers:
    I found CJ is worthless. I only made some money on dating products, which also left CJ at some point.
    A few months ago I received email from them that every month I'm not earning, they will deduct some amount from my account balance (earned money) till I will reach 0, then they will close that account. In other words, they also stealing money - CJ is SCAM.

Montreal Classifieds, Mar 28, 2011 IP
  12. ArticlePenguin

ArticlePenguin Peon

Best Answers:
    So would it be better to go with Amazon instead of CJ? That might help some of these issues

ArticlePenguin, Mar 29, 2011 IP
  13. mystermarque

mystermarque Peon

Best Answers:
    i WANT to love cj :)

mystermarque, Apr 15, 2011 IP
  14. mystermarque

mystermarque Peon

Best Answers:
    Haha. Brilliant! I'd only ever seen his mega Adsense check.

He does like his PPC though, so I'd bet that's not all profit.

mystermarque, Apr 15, 2011 IP
  15. digitalwebman06

digitalwebman06 Active Member

Best Answers:
    this is a common problem. but i don't think CJ is BS!!!
    cause there are thousands of people who are making their living by working with CJ. i am also one of them.may be not making a very high amount but some thing at least !
    so try to shoot out your problems with the advertisement. advertise placement is also an important thing, are your selected products related to your site? it is also an important thing.

digitalwebman06, Apr 15, 2011 IP
  16. Digital Mouse

Digital Mouse Peon

Best Answers:
    Hey

CJ is not rubbish... think abiyt it - if it really lost money for the co.'s that that we are affiliated to, then it would not exist for so long and continue to exist. Put another way like the post by Mc jp6 , you just need to coaching by someone who has made money to give you a model that you can apply. Key thing is don't give up !

Digital Mouse, Apr 24, 2011 IP
  17. vanessamae

vanessamae Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    If you got thousands of clicks per month, it is impossible that you don't get any sale unless the traffic is not targeted. What I mean is, they click into your link and found out that they are looking for a different product. If you think your traffic is targeted, then their might be a problem with your link or something. I have experienced that once in other affiliate network. I have clicks but no sale. When I tried to change my affiliate cloaking, I got the sale up.

vanessamae, Apr 26, 2011 IP