1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

CJ is totally worthless

Discussion in 'Commission Junction' started by Laceygirl, Jan 5, 2008.

1. Laceygirl

Laceygirl Notable Member

Best Answers:
    I'm not talking about wanting lottery money. I just find that CJ will never pay off when I look at adsense.

Hey, somebody as one one of 10 people in the world make a lot of money. lotto 64/9 had a few winners at well.

http://www.echoarcade.com is a site that I just filled up empty spaces. I don't expect anything from there, I have a social network (like facebook) which I cannot mention, but I have a store setup according to the age level of the most users. Yes, they are teens becuase nobodies mother goes online teenagers are at like 90% of the population of the internet. Why fight it? The purpose of this topic is not to provide any help for me. I don't need help with CJ. The purpose is to tell you all that people don't buy as much as adsense pays for the clicks. Actually they don't buy ever unless you are running some spam email thing or other grayhat stuff. If you do CJ honestly, then you will make nothing, if you do CJ the crooked way, then you may have a lot of profit.

Laceygirl, Jan 6, 2008 IP
  2. Manthem

Manthem Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Okay, this thread is just becoming a waste of time. I make about $80-100 average on CJ per day.

How?

Targeted organic traffic.

Adsense would be earning me $10-$15 per day at best with the same amount of clicks. Stop talking out your ass because you clearly don't know a thing about marketing. I'm sure the largest collection of publishers and advertisers on a single network is a sham because you can't make money off of it.

Manthem, Jan 6, 2008 IP
  3. BlueDevilMedia

BlueDevilMedia Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    CJ is my main source of revenue! Averaging $100+ a day with ONE affiliate within CJ...

BlueDevilMedia, Jan 6, 2008 IP
  4. sundaybrew

sundaybrew Numerati

Best Answers:
    I can understand you are very frustrated so, I have just spent the last 2 hours creating a video for you.!

Here is the thread

I hope you can understand how I and may other do it after you watch.

Hope this helps and don't give up 2008 will be great!

sundaybrew, Jan 6, 2008 IP
  5. tvmatt

tvmatt Peon

Best Answers:
    As I've mentioned before - the niche product websites that I've created (blogs, review sites, etc...) have made significantly more money from CJ than from Adsense. I can make $30 commission from referring somebody to X website to signup for a subscription and my conversion rate is around 5% - that means that my effective earnings per click are $1.50. With Adsense, I only get around $0.25 per click. In that situation, which is better for me - CJ or Adsense?

If you target your cost-per-lead or cost-per-sale ads correctly (from any network, not just CJ), you can make significantly more money than from Adsense.

tvmatt, Jan 6, 2008 IP
  6. DealWorx

DealWorx Peon

Best Answers:
    We have optimized our traffic over time and get very high conversion rates with low amounts of clicks. It is matter of how much time and effort you put into the merchants and your sites. If you just throw up a BANS site (for instance) and then adwords traffic to it you will get a lot of clicks and very low amounts of conversions.

Marketing adsense and CJ are two TOTALLY different things and targets in my opinion. You could also spend thousands in adwords for a site with adsense on it and lose money very quickly.

In CJ most folks find specific markets and niches and then work on them and hone them. It can take months to start turning things around, but once it does you can do what we do which is get conversions and sales with as low as 10-40 clicks (which we do every hour).

IHMO. :)

DealWorx, Jan 6, 2008 IP
  7. Laceygirl

Laceygirl Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Bah, get outta here with your "Busta, you don't know Jack". I didn't want to argue more about marketing, but since you ask.... Maybe you are right, maybe your wrong. Regardless, who the heck can argue when 10,000 people can something and one doesn't buy it. The stats are right there. Thousands of people and not a single buyer. The CJ market is a tough one.

Even you can't argue that. Why do you think there is a million rip off artists at ebay throwing up hundreds of products pretending like it's theirs when it's just some stupid CJ affiliate. You call that honest? Nah, the only way to make it online is to scam. This is why I'm not fitting in too much.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Thanks Sundaybrew. It was an excellent educational video. It was simple, but good. I'm sure this will help a lot of people out. Actually, you forgot to mention about the "Applying for a relationship" though.

Laceygirl, Jan 6, 2008 IP
  8. alemcherry

alemcherry Guest

Best Answers:
    CJ does work - but not for all niches and not for all type of traffics. If you have targetted traffic for a niche that pays well on cj, you will earn much more than adsense. And another fact is that with adsense, you get only a small percentage of CTR like 2%, but in cj you can have many times more than that. This is due to the fact that you can create content around cj links, make it look like a part of the content or even ask the users to click on it. Adsense ads stands out, while cj links can be buried in content and can be recommended. Considering these you can actually get up to 10-20 times revenue from cj than adsense if you have the right traffic.

Again cj doesnt work for all niches and cj doesnt work for all traffic, as you mentioned. But that doesnt mean that cj is completely useless. You may have a seriousd study about why it doesnt work for you - may be your targetting is bad, may be you are promoting the wrong companies, may be your traffic is from people from age/location where they don't spend online. But dont get the impression that it is bad, since it doesnt work for you. There are thousands of webmaster making 5 figure monthly income and few making 6 figure income from cj. Many of them have much less traffic than you :)

alemcherry, Jan 7, 2008 IP
  9. air-rift

air-rift Peon

Best Answers:
    cj does work. nd like few others have said.. it dont work with all niches..

my cj acc is loooking good and have been using them since 06

this does work. the haters out there that think it dont.. well it wont if u dont put work into it

air-rift, Jan 7, 2008 IP
  10. Laceygirl

Laceygirl Notable Member

Best Answers:
    I'm just sick of trying. I've been on a computer before windows was even popular. Everyone was using DOS. Now I'm looking around and seeing 14yr olds pull a fulltimes pay, and people crying about making only $3000 a month. It's driving me up the wall.

I guess CJ isn't my cup of tea...........or adsense, or adengage, or adbrite, or Ebooks, or ebay, or well....everything else.

Laceygirl, Jan 7, 2008 IP
  11. timelf123

timelf123 Peon

Best Answers:
    Yeah, you need to stop whining about how you can't make money with CJ.

I made 500 bucks last week from one BANS site.

Target your traffic and get a book on copywriting.

timelf123, Jan 7, 2008 IP
  12. Kerosene

Kerosene Alpha & Omega™ Staff

Best Answers:
    If you want to make money online (cj/adsense/whatever), you need to devote more hours to it than 'after work/school'. You also need patience, balls, and a crap load of faith in yourself.

I think GrAveTzT needs to quit his day job, have a good sleep, and focus a bit more :)

Kerosene, Jan 7, 2008 IP
  13. Tommo

Tommo Active Member

Best Answers:
    Cj works , If you know how to drive traffic or promote a product that people want.

Since 21st November I have made over €7000 about $11,000 from 1 product through clickbank.

It's well know that 5% of members at clickbank make 95% of the money. Why? because they know how to target markets and drive traffic.

Tommo, Jan 7, 2008 IP
  14. Sxperm

Sxperm Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Hi GrAveTzT, I do understand how you feel. I have to say I was the one like you. I did generate a lot of click but made a little sales. I felt "May CJ ripped me off!!".

But after I do analyzed I found some mistake and I think you may missed some important things.

- Quality targeted traffics is the key. You cannot sell anythings when nobody wants it. It's about targetetd not amount. I can make a decent amount of money per day from lower than 100 unique visitors. How to get this type of traffics? Keyword research is the most important part for this.
    - Content that convert. You may not a good writer, even you are in us or born in english speaking country. You have to find a good writer with a good rate. Just be uniqueness and grammar correct is not enough, your content have to make reader flows and have something called pre-sells to keep reader ready to buy what you offers them.
    - Tell reader what thay wanted to hear, not totally truth. I don't say you have to lie, you have to tell reader about truth/facts on your product without too much promotional tone, and you have to push some soft sells approach altogether. If you cannot do this yourself, find excellent writer who can do this for you. :D

Hope this help.

Sxperm, Jan 7, 2008 IP
  15. Laceygirl

Laceygirl Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Alright, I guess I'll try this again.

As for one more test I'll try this on my dinosaur site education site. It gets good traffic and the only people who enter it are people who are into well....dinosaurs and all about them.

So basically everyone at the site will have the opportunity to check out cool products that are related a lot. Dinosaur sound cds with in the dinosaur sounds area, there's too much to list.

But if this still is being stupid for me I'm comming back and there is no way in anyone's lifetime that they will be able to get me to believe that there is nothing wrong with cj.com if this don't work.

Laceygirl, Jan 7, 2008 IP
  16. Pixelrage

Pixelrage Peon

Best Answers:
    most of the work involves keyword research. If you're going into a huge market or something that never gets searched for, you'll lose either way. It took me about 2 weeks to even make my first dollar. I'm almost 2 months into it, and I've made $350 so far.

Pixelrage, Jan 7, 2008 IP
  17. DavidJames

DavidJames Active Member

Best Answers:
    Thanks for this tip! It's sparked a couple ideas to help with sales... :)

DavidJames, Jan 7, 2008 IP
  18. timelf123

timelf123 Peon

Best Answers:
    There is nothing wrong with CJ! Obviously all the posts did not convince you of this. People are making money on CJ

timelf123, Jan 7, 2008 IP
  19. MrX

MrX Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    i already see a problem with your approach...

MrX, Jan 7, 2008 IP
  20. pdfmania

pdfmania Peon

Best Answers:
    after months i at last made few sales and got about 60 US$... actually i need cj for its data to experiment with my web scripts then learning the web design.. since i did not take much care to my web, i left it as is... bad design, not user friendly.. what i really concern is the web traffic which will lead to ads or sales... that's why i join DP to learn many valuable things.

I prefer to try something else if i could not be success in the current acts. Hope one day I 'll find my better way... I'm not in a hurry anyway...

pdfmania, Jan 7, 2008 IP