1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

CJ-Ebay Progress

Discussion in 'Commission Junction' started by mcmuney, Mar 7, 2008.

1. mcmuney

mcmuney Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I agree. Even though I haven't used blog on my sites, blogs generally bring in free traffic. That will likely be my next step.

mcmuney, Mar 21, 2008 IP
  2. nosleepno

nosleepno Peon

Best Answers:
    Thats what everyone says... I get paid by check and around the 28th it says the checks in the mail, I get it around the 1st-2nd...

Maybe its just late for me for some reason, but thats how its always been.

nosleepno, Mar 22, 2008 IP
  3. tony707

tony707 Peon

Best Answers:
    Hi,
    I have been as an affiliate for around a year with CJ. Not having a particular strategy-- I joined my companies but could not start working properly.
    Now, I want to work only for one company. But I don't have any idea, how to choose a company out of 50-60, which I have already Joined.
    Please, give some idea, so that I can start working for a particular company.
    Regards,
    tony707

tony707, Mar 22, 2008 IP
  4. Edynas

Edynas Peon

Best Answers:
    I think you should focus on your niche. Then in cj look for what is available. And if there is 1 merchant fine but if there are several offering products that are about to your niche why stick to one?

Edynas, Mar 22, 2008 IP
  5. anarmyofme

anarmyofme Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Is this your website by chance?

h**s******c***.com or b**n***.com?

If so...great looking flash header (on the first one)!

anarmyofme, Mar 22, 2008 IP
  6. decodethis

decodethis Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Great work! I'm a big fan of BANS but like bujuk says I think I'm leaning towards WP + phpBay. It's much more flexible when it comes to integrating ebay links into content.

Right now I'm on hold for setting up sites until the ebay switchover happens. I don't want to add to my workload. ;)

decodethis, Mar 22, 2008 IP
  7. mcmuney

Best Answers:
    Thanks. Those are 2 of the now 5 total I have. How did you come across those 2?

03.23.08 I've seen the funds clear in my bank :D. As mentioned above, I added a 5th site. I'm still behind compared to last month, as of the 22nd, my current earnings is $325 compared to $341 last month.

mcmuney, Mar 23, 2008 IP
  8. alexus

alexus Active Member

Best Answers:
    so whats the url?

alexus, Mar 23, 2008 IP
  9. mcmuney

Best Answers:
    03.24.08 Ok, numbers are slowly climbing, as of yesterday, it's $398 compared to $370 prior year. But keep in mind that it's 5 sites working together against only 1 last month.

mcmuney, Mar 24, 2008 IP
  10. alexus

alexus Active Member

Best Answers:
    are you going to tell us how you acomplished that? what did you do and so on and so forth? or just entry's from your jounral?

alexus, Mar 24, 2008 IP
  11. mrmrdan

mrmrdan Peon

Best Answers:
    Congratulations on your success.

mrmrdan, Mar 24, 2008 IP
  12. dspohn23

dspohn23 Peon

Best Answers:
    great job! you're doing great.

dspohn23, Mar 24, 2008 IP
  13. seola

seola Peon

Best Answers:
    IS there a code that you could just post on your website and the products will get listed there?
    Is that possible?

I have existing site and I can not use bans or something similar

I just want to list dome products on the right side

How to do that?

seola, Mar 25, 2008 IP
  14. Edynas

Edynas Peon

Best Answers:
    If you use wordpress as a site....

http://forums.digitalpoint.com/showthread.php?t=766493

Something I made. It's NOT eBay but it pulls the products from the merchants you want into your site based upon what you want. A bit like popshops but it's hosted on your site and it's not a monthly fee and you have much more freedom in what to display and how. Plus the aff links go right thru from your site to the merchant and don't make a sidestep thru a third party.

Edynas, Mar 25, 2008 IP
  15. seola

seola Peon

Best Answers:
    Ebay is movig out of CJ, but when I wanted to sign up on ebay site, they pointed me to CJ

what is going on??

seola, Mar 25, 2008 IP
  16. Edynas

Edynas Peon

Best Answers:
    Starting April 1st they have an inhouse affiliateprogram. So I would wait 6 days.

Have no idea if you are accepted for eBay at cj.com you will automatically accepted for their inhouse program.

Edynas, Mar 25, 2008 IP
  17. mcmuney

Best Answers:
    I've already shared some information. I'm not sure what your expectation is, but I'm not putting everything I'm doing on a platter, so that everyone can jump in and take away what little I'm making. And what I'm making isn't that much after seeing some of the other posts here that are going on hundreds of dollars PER DAY. I have a range of products and I'm still analyzing to see what works and what doesn't. But so far it seems that it really doesn't matter what your niche is, it's all about the traffic, because most of the sales are completely UNRELATED to the niche.

From the marketing perspective, what is working for me are niche blogs and some classified ads. As i said before, I dabbled with PPC, but didn't see any added benefit, so I stopped. Now, I'm relying mostly on organic traffic and my blogs. This should point you in the right direction.

mcmuney, Mar 25, 2008 IP
  18. mikyur

mikyur Peon

Best Answers:
    I sure hope so. Otherwise Ebay will have no affiliates to start the in-house program.

mikyur, Mar 25, 2008 IP
  19. mcmuney

Best Answers:
    That's a scary thought if eBay doesn't approve all the current affiliates into their new program.

03.26.08 So far, I'm disappointed to say that the BANS sites that I've added are not producing comparable results in achieving organic traffic. Neither of the BANS sites have been crawled by Google yet, I've made every attempt. They may not be as SE friendly as they make it out to be. All of the other non-BANS sites were crawled within days of startup. How long does it take normally for BANS?

mcmuney, Mar 26, 2008 IP
  20. potentmix

potentmix Peon

Best Answers:
    One would hope they have a record of existing affiliates against which to match applications. After all, we were originally approved by eBay, not CJ.

Actually, the question should be how long does it take for Google to index a site? BANS is irrelevant. Indexing depends on a lot of factors. Google is fickle whether it's BANS or whatever. My BANS sites ordinarily get crawled and indexed within a couple of days, sometimes within hours. But, that's no different than other types of sites I launch. Occasionally, it takes longer. Google teaches us repeated lessons in patience.

potentmix, Mar 26, 2008 IP