1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

CJ-Ebay Progress

Discussion in 'Commission Junction' started by mcmuney, Mar 7, 2008.

Here's my story on my first CJ/eBay site.

February
    02.01.08 Site launched but I had the wrong PID for the first three days :confused:
    02.03.08 First commission for $4.62 (I was shocked and excited at the same time) :D
    02.04.08 After seeing $0 commission I thought my first transaction was pure luck
    02.10.08 Commission everyday :)
    02.29.08 Commission almost every day :D except for 3 days (I can live with that)
    Summary: Very satisfied with what has happened, but weary about next month. I was not ready for this type of a return, especially not being familiar with this type of site and just learning about BANS. The first month totaled $502.85 and I wasn't sure if this trend would continue with such minimal effort (got lucky with some ACRU's this month).

March
    03.01.08 Data was a day late and just when I was about to get concerned the stats came in for the first day at $26.75 (relief)
    03.07.08 I'm comparing month over month for the first 6 days and it's $19.80 in Feb vs $89.94 in Mar (I need some ACRU's this month, keeping my fingers crossed)

mcmuney, Mar 7, 2008 IP
    Kerosene likes this.
  2. microtekblue

microtekblue Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    what is the sites url?

microtekblue, Mar 7, 2008 IP
  3. Farmer77

Farmer77 Peon

Best Answers:
    Where are you getting the traffic from?

Farmer77, Mar 7, 2008 IP
  4. hanji

hanji Peon

Best Answers:
    That is great for a single site.. and just starting out. Did you already have the domain and good traffic to begin with? You promoting with PPC?

Thanks!
    hanji

hanji, Mar 7, 2008 IP
  5. mcmuney

mcmuney Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I will post the url soon, I'm doing some research and trying to understand why this product is doing well. Even though it's a specific type of product, it's so in demand that I'm surprised that it's doing so well. I just want to understand it a bit more and conclude my research before I share it here, but I will.

I tried PPC for a few days, but it was too costly, too many competitors... so I stopped.

mcmuney, Mar 7, 2008 IP
  6. Lpspider

Lpspider Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Good stats. How have you promoted the site?

Lpspider, Mar 7, 2008 IP
  7. mcmuney

Best Answers:
    [​IMG]

mcmuney, Mar 7, 2008 IP
  8. Kerosene

Kerosene Alpha & Omega™ Staff

Best Answers:
    Great post mcmuney, good to see someone actually thinking about what they're doing and sharing good news ... instead of 'wht is bans best niche plz' :)

What kind of sites are your getting the 'referring sites' traffic from? Squidoo, social bookmarking etc?

Kerosene, Mar 7, 2008 IP
  9. mcmuney

Best Answers:
    I actually purchased the site from someone, including the domain. The domain was first registered on 1/12/08, so it's very new. But I get an average of 30 unique visitors from Google daily. The search phrases being used to find my site are very unique. I can't image what would happen if I showed up for a popular term.

I tried PPC for a bit, but then stopped because the phrases for this product are too competitive and didn't want to spend over $0.15 per click.

mcmuney, Mar 7, 2008 IP
  10. mcmuney

Best Answers:
    I've used blogs, some classifieds, some PPC but stopped because I wasn't seeing any additional results.

03.09.08 For the current month so far, I'm seeing $124.87 ($97.84 New + $27.03 Locked) compared to $97.10 previous month for same period. I'm slightly ahead. I've also placed an order for another niche store. I'm excited.

mcmuney, Mar 9, 2008 IP
  11. Edynas

Edynas Peon

Best Answers:
    Good to hear you have success with eBay/CJ. Congrats.
    I thought you said it was a BANS site...are you paying someone to set them up for you?

Edynas, Mar 10, 2008 IP
  12. mcmuney

Best Answers:
    Thanks. :)
    It's not BANS, but a customized script, like BANS I suppose, which is SEO optimized (I don't know how optimized the BANS scripts are). Anyhow, I did think about buying BANS because the developer I purchased from is not willing to sell the script and I'm paying for an encrypted license. But it's well worth it, the free organic traffic alone pays for itself. I don't know if BANS does the same.

mcmuney, Mar 10, 2008 IP
  13. ouchs

ouchs Peon

Best Answers:
    good work keep it up...

ouchs, Mar 11, 2008 IP
  14. Edynas

Edynas Peon

Best Answers:
    One of the reasons why i didn't buy BANS is because of just that.
    I am making something at this moment that will come out this week. It's not exactly a BANS alternative but it does has some seo optimization in it that i think is missing in BANS. Because with BANS all the links are like rover.ebay.com/etc/etc and there is no page per product but only per category.

Just out of curiozity...what does that developer charge per install?

Edynas, Mar 11, 2008 IP
  15. mcmuney

Best Answers:
    Actually, this script also uses rover.ebay links, but I have lots of category pages that are listed on google. I don't have unique link to individual products. That would be nice to have as well. He charges between $100 - $400 depending on the type of site and function that you want. I paid $250 approximately for the first one and paid a bit over $100 for the second.

mcmuney, Mar 11, 2008 IP
  16. mcmuney

Best Answers:
    03.11.08 Today I noticed that $614.73 has changed status from NEW to LOCKED. I guess that means I have money coming, right? :D

mcmuney, Mar 11, 2008 IP
  17. mcjp6

mcjp6 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    yes, depending on how you are paid, you should receive it around 20-25th this month. looking good I would think.

mcjp6, Mar 11, 2008 IP
  18. mcmuney

Best Answers:
    I've used sites like digg. I've recently heard of Squidoo, but never used it.

mcmuney, Mar 11, 2008 IP
  19. mcmuney

Best Answers:
    03.20.08 I was a bit concerned about this month since I took a extended weekend vacation to Big Bear. I think I'm slightly behind compared to my first month. Up to the 19th, my current balance is $246 vs $274 last month, but last month I started a bit late, plus I didn't have revenue for several days, so I'm really behind.

Anyhow, my account shows that $624.06 has been paid out to me for February on March 19th (I should see it in my bank account soon since I get direct deposit).

By the way, I decided to give BANS a try so I purchased it and plan on using it for my 4th site. I should be done with the setup by tomorrow. So I'll have a total of 4 sites, but so far I've actively focused on #1, which is bringing in bulk of the revenue. I will shift focus to site #2 and #3 more next month and shift responsibility of site #4 to my wife. For April, my goal will be to earn a minimum of $1,000 total.

[​IMG]

mcmuney, Mar 20, 2008 IP
  20. bujuk

bujuk Active Member

Best Answers:
    Congrat, for the nice achievement. Honestly if you learn abit of WP + some plugin (phppro for example), you can cut down lot of expenditure. it is not really difficult. promoting your site is more difficult than creating the site.

bujuk, Mar 20, 2008 IP