1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

CJ.com

Discussion in 'Commission Junction' started by thebassman, Jun 2, 2005.

I have been a Commission Junction Affiliate for a couple of years... never really made much money through them, but always a little bit. Yesterday, I went to log into my account, and it says my account has been deactivated??! No email from them or nothing, they just closed my account down without notice. Does anyone have a contact email for publishers? They don't list any of that on their site unless you log in, which it won't let me do...? :mad:

thebassman, Jun 2, 2005 IP
    ViciousSummer likes this.
  2. SoxFan

SoxFan Peon

Best Answers:
    They did the same to me as well.

SoxFan, Jun 2, 2005 IP
  3. thebassman

thebassman Asleep at the Keyboard

Best Answers:
    Just recently? How do we get in contact with them to find out what the heck is going on?

4. SoxFan

SoxFan Peon

Best Answers:
    Yesterday as a matter of fact. Did you go six months without a sale?

I registered another account to gain access to the contact info. I am waiting on a response.

SoxFan, Jun 2, 2005 IP
  5. 5starAffiliates

5starAffiliates Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Sorry guys. It sucks when they do that. They really should give affiliates a warning 1st. But yes - 0 sales in 6 months and they shut you down.

If you email them they will probably tell you to just create a new account using a diff email address. But then you have to change out your links. You could also try calling them. Dont have an affiliate email. You typically reach them by using AAQ, but have to have an account to do that. :rolleyes:

5starAffiliates, Jun 2, 2005 IP
  6. thebassman

Best Answers:
    I'm pretty sure I've had sales in the past 6 months... though certainly not many. lol. I just run CJ ads as defaults to my banners, so they get less than a couple hundred clicks per month. Didn't really matter, I made less than a couple hundred dollars from them over the past year... hardly worth my time... just really stupid that the just close your account without notifying you. Oh well. The weird thing is that the ads still work. :?

7. thebassman

Best Answers:
    Let me know what you hear back.

8. ViciousSummer

ViciousSummer Ayn Rand for President! Staff

Best Answers:
    Yep. Same thing happened to me. Kind of rude if you ask me. Especially since they have no problem emailing you all the affiliate/cj newsletters and updates. Seems that they could send out a simple courtesy email so we arn't all sitting here wondering, "wtf?!"...

ViciousSummer, Jun 3, 2005 IP
  9. thebassman

Best Answers:
    Hmmm... and we all noticed it happening on the same day? Weird. I would still like to get in contact with them to at least find out wtf happened... It's annoying, if nothing else, as I have to go through my inventory in phpadsnew and remove all my CJ stuff from in there... grrr.

thebassman, Jun 3, 2005 IP
  10. SoxFan

SoxFan Peon

Best Answers:
    I still have not gotten a response. I agree that it would be nice to send a courtesy email.

SoxFan, Jun 4, 2005 IP
  11. mcfox

mcfox Wind Maker

Best Answers:
    I got stuffed with cj.com last month or the one before. I was really miffed because I had about $20 left in the account. Not that I really made any money -- that took about 2 years -- heh.

mcfox, Jun 5, 2005 IP
  12. thebassman

Best Answers:
    What bullshit. I guess they're weeding out some of the smaller publishers... you'd think they'd have the common courtesy to at least let us know, though. :confused:

thebassman, Jun 5, 2005 IP
  13. Surf_Dude

Surf_Dude Peon

Best Answers:
    I was about to sign up, and read this.
    This doesn't sound like a company I want to be involved with.
    Remote, cavalier, "screw you" type of management.

BAD Attitude.
    They just lost this puppy.
    Why waste time on arrogant, condescending xxxx-heads?

Surf_Dude, Jun 7, 2005 IP
  14. Infiniterb

Infiniterb Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Eh, I've been with CJ for awhile. Just this past 6 months have I started to actually promote some affiliates. Making a fair bit of cash with them. No problems thus far.

Infiniterb, Jun 7, 2005 IP
  15. digitalpoint

digitalpoint Overlord of no one Staff

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    Besides them bumping out publishers for inactivity without notifying them (I've heard that complaint before), I have nothing but good things to say about them. They are by *far* the best system out there.

For the people that got bumped, just means you need to generate some money, and everything will be good. :)

digitalpoint, Jun 7, 2005 IP
    Design Agent likes this.
  16. Dastar

Dastar Active Member

Best Answers:
    I do know someone who had their account suspended because CJ thought he was a spyware type affiliate, it took him a bit of doing but he was able to prove/convince them otherwise and it only took so long because everytime he replied, he was talking to a different affiliate rep. Overall, CJ is still my favorite network among the larger guys.

Dastar, Jun 7, 2005 IP
  17. hightide13

hightide13 Peon

Best Answers:
    I am with Shawn on this one. I have been using CJ for about 6 months and have only had a few minor issues that were solved very quickly.

You need to remember that they are there to serve the advertisers and we are just the host in the symbiotic relationship. It is their job to get rid of hosts that arent providing.

Now, granted there should be more warning or at least something letting you know that you are about to be dumped.

hightide13, Jun 7, 2005 IP
  18. ziandra

ziandra Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    It has been over 2 years since my last sale. I haven't been cut off yet. Guess I should promote my affiliate site a bit better ;)

ziandra, Jun 8, 2005 IP
  19. thebassman

Best Answers:
    I was generating sales, though... maybe a couple a month, but I certainly wasn't inactive...

thebassman, Jun 8, 2005 IP
  20. Mia

Mia R.I.P. STEVE JOBS

Best Answers:
    I'm doing quite well with CJ. Well enough that I traded my Honda Rebel I bought a couple months ago for a V-Rod! Man its a fast bike.

Anyway, I have to agree with Shawn as well. I have been very happy with them, and have found that you can do very well with them. The only down fall thus far has been my 1 and 1 Internet hosting affiliate which cost me a negative $260 over the weekend. Apparently my hosting business is not the only one that suffers from bogus card orders.

Just so you understand, when someone buys something from one of the affilliate links I have and uses a bad CC, you lose your commission. Other than that, I do very well on a number of affiliates I use. The reporting can be pokey at times, but overall, I am making more with CJ than AdSense now.

Mia, Jun 8, 2005 IP