1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

CJ and Type "Bonus"

Discussion in 'Commission Junction' started by Mia, Apr 5, 2005.

Does anyone know what the Type "Bonus" is in CJ?

Thanx..

Mia, Apr 5, 2005 IP
  2. digitalpoint

digitalpoint Overlord of no one Staff

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    It's just that (a bonus from the advertiser).

Usually it's a volume incentive... Although depending on the advertiser, some use a "Perf. Incentive" (like eBay) instead.

digitalpoint, Apr 5, 2005 IP
  3. Mia

Mia R.I.P. STEVE JOBS

Best Answers:
    Ah, I have been seeing quite a bit of these from two advertisers lately, but the status always says "Locked" so I was not sure what it was. Sweet!

Thanx.

Mia, Apr 5, 2005 IP
  4. Cygnus

Cygnus Cat Herder

Best Answers:
    The biggest problem I have with the performance incentives at CJ is the huge lag time from when you earn them and when you receive them...3 months is a loooooong time.

Cygnus, Apr 5, 2005 IP
  5. digitalpoint

digitalpoint Overlord of no one Staff

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    Depends on the advertiser... the longest one that I do anything with is 1 month... eBay pays 3-5 days after the end of the month (for example, everyone already has their performance incentive bonuses from March posted to their account).

digitalpoint, Apr 5, 2005 IP
  6. Mia

Mia R.I.P. STEVE JOBS

Best Answers:
    The thing is once you are in a cycle of earning, it really does not matter as each month just carries over. As long as the cash flow is there, I am not too concerned about when it pays out. I will say the reporting seems to be out of whack at times.. Overall I have been quite happy with them.

I think they sat on last months checks though. I always recieve a payment/check within 5-6 days of it being posted. It is post marked the day they show the check being cut as well. However this month the check was post marked two days after the day it was listed as sent. Given they stamp their own checks the check sat for several days before it was post marked by the post office. Needless to say the check was several days overdue to which I ended up having to report that it might be lost. The response from CJ is that we pay a $50 reprocessing fee to cancel the check, and another fee to process a new one. Yikes. Scarry.. I am thinking about moving to direct deposit now.

Mia, Apr 5, 2005 IP