1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

CJ advertisers that did not pay you for your sale

Discussion in 'Commission Junction' started by crzydream, Sep 15, 2007.

?

Keep this post or remove it?

1. definately keep it

52.9%
  2. keep it for a while

29.4%
  3. not sure

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. remove it

17.6%
  1. jonixkonios

jonixkonios Peon

Best Answers:
    great thread this one and very important. I also used on cj merchant that not reported a single sale, but i had thousands of clicks. I remove the merchant and put another similiar cj merchant, and what happened? simple, sales were made!

the merchant was cheappetstore

jonixkonios, Sep 17, 2007 IP
  2. DealWorx

DealWorx Peon

Best Answers:
    Sometimes it's a hard decision to make. Example is some appear solid and are for years such as AmeriQuest.

A few months ago they died, and failed to pay thousands in commissions to us alone not to mention other affiliates. The list is long of merchants that not only track poorly or ones that track but don't pay. Another type is those that track and then reverse for no apparent reason.

If you are sending thousands of clicks to a merchant and feel your traffic is high quality and targeted (interested), then it's time to stop promoting them and start inquiring to them first, and then CJ.

It's also good to ask around and research a merchant you plan to promote before doing so. You can get a better feel for whether a merchant has a good track record or a lousy one.

IMO. :D

DealWorx, Sep 17, 2007 IP
  3. geomark

geomark Peon

Best Answers:
    Thanks for the link MrX. I'm looking through that thread now for a LinkShare merchant I sent over 1000 clicks to last month with no sales.

geomark, Sep 18, 2007 IP
  4. loyalis

loyalis Peon

Best Answers:
    I wonder if I have a bunch of batch upload affiliates... My clicks have taken off this month but my commissions have dropped off of a cliff. Do you guys know if that happens often? I haven't changed my traffic targeting strategies, I've just expanded it to include new pages with new affiliates.

loyalis, Sep 18, 2007 IP
  5. crzydream

crzydream Active Member

Best Answers:
    MrX,
    send me your link for vitaminshoppe as i plan to make a purchase. :))

crzydream, Sep 26, 2007 IP
  6. newprogramer69

newprogramer69 Active Member

Best Answers:
    Yes , I know from direct exp. that any one can sign up with cj and get free traffic , You just sign put the little tracking thing they give you on your page 3 day later remove it .A great way to get free traffic

newprogramer69, Sep 26, 2007 IP
  7. tvmatt

tvmatt Peon

Best Answers:
    Of course, that makes a lot of sense. With no sales recorded, advertisers will have 0-bar earnings and traffic won't convert. That means affiliates won't promote them. The majority of CJ advertisers are highly reputable, and CJ has procedures in place to ensure that advertisers do not cheat their affiliates. It's against CJ's legal agreements with merchants for the merchants to stop tracking, and since CJ gets ~30% of all commissions, they have a large incentive to make sure their advertisers play by the rule.

Trust me - the 5-bar and CJP affiliates wouldn't stand for non-tracking programs, and the majority of sales in any program come from 5-bar & CJP affiliates (the top 5% of earners on CJ).

tvmatt, Sep 26, 2007 IP
  8. crzydream

crzydream Active Member

Best Answers:
    Well, guess what? Perfumania finaly contacted me... but for over a week of "analizing" my sale, they still don't have an answer... So until further events, their remain on my black list. Give me 1 reason and i will remove them! Or tell me about others that 'forgot' to pay...

crzydream, Sep 29, 2007 IP
  9. itechgroup

itechgroup Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I have seen 3rd party toolbars have the ability to take credit for affiliate sales. Stumbled Upon was such a toolbar that did this and we found out the hard way being a CJ merchant. When sales reps took orders over the phone using a computer with the Stumbled Upon tool bar it was crediting Stumbled Upon's affiliate account. It took us 5 months to figure this out and when we reported this to CJ they refused to do anything. Needless to say we dumped Stumbled Upon out of our affiliate program and un-installed the Stumbled Upon toolbar.

What Perfumania needs to do is find the sale and figure out who got credit for it if anyone.

itechgroup, Sep 29, 2007 IP
  10. crzydream

crzydream Active Member

Best Answers:
    awesome post! i will follow your advise. StumbleUpon may have something to do with this...

crzydream, Sep 30, 2007 IP
  11. DSL

DSL Peon

Best Answers:
    Any updates on this? Did you ever find out if StumbleUpon was the culprit?

DSL, Dec 1, 2007 IP
  12. newprogramer69

newprogramer69 Active Member

Best Answers:
    You have got to be kidding!! lol I have meany friends who own big companys on cj they do the same thing . If they know a big money day there pull there tracking code off and the next day put it back on saving the company 1000s of dollars and getting free advertisment. Cj always take the side of the advertser. good for me not so good for you guys

newprogramer69, Dec 3, 2007 IP
  13. hosting.network

hosting.network Banned

Best Answers:
    nowadays many of my sales dont come $ ... CJ sucking..

hosting.network, Dec 3, 2007 IP
  14. crzydream

crzydream Active Member

Best Answers:
    I want to give A+ to VistaPrint. One big sale did not get counted, all i had to do was to provide them the purchase order number via email and they manually added my comission. Everyone should be like that! We are their marketing team or should i say army :) , aren't we?

crzydream, Jan 24, 2008 IP