1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Chronic Pain in the USA

Discussion in 'Politics & Religion' started by finnder, Feb 1, 2015.

?

Is government doing the right thing with real chronic pain sufferers?

1. Yes

3 vote(s)
    50.0%
  2. No

3 vote(s)
    50.0%
    Hi everyone,
    I'm new on this forum so,this would be my first post.I have been reading through different pain forums and blogs dedicated to help people with chronic pain.I noticed that there are a lot of people trying to get help for filling their prescription for pain management.

Right now is really hard to find a pharmacy willing to accept almost any prescription related with medications for pain due to new FDA restrictions. This has generated an almost general denial from doctors to prescribe pain medications to thier patients,not matter what conditions they might have.

I want government and doctors to understand that not every person who wants to be under any pain medication is trying to get high;there are people with real conditions(chronic pain )who really need to be medicated with some pain blocker to go on and be productive.

I mean,if you can prove that you are suffering with some physical problem that affects your body and doesn't allow you to do normal things like walking,getting up from bed,working,share with your family among other things,dont you think those are valid reasons to be prescribed with some medication for pain.

If anyone out there is going through the situation of either being in chronic pain or having some relative with this condition whose been affected by the new FDA restrictions, please share your opinions and thoughts,i will also share my thoughts and experience with you.

finnder, Feb 1, 2015 IP
  2. qwikad.com

qwikad.com Illustrious Member Affiliate Manager

Best Answers:
    Colorado just recently said: "Enough with the chronic pain!!" And the solution was beautiful.

marijuana-colorado-pot.jpg

You won't ever hurt again our beautiful snowy friend...

qwikad.com, Feb 2, 2015 IP
  3. jrbiz

jrbiz Acclaimed Member

Best Answers:
    I think that the FDA and other U.S. governmental agencies have gone too far in scaring the medical profession out of prescribing pain medication to needy patients. Doctors and pharmacists are so afraid of being tagged as "drug dealers" that they bend over backwards to not prescribe valid pain medications. As an example, my grandmother lived to 106. At around the age 100, she was having some tremendous pain in her back and legs while in the hospital on an unrelated matter and we asked about some help for the pain. They all said "NO" because she could become addicted to the painkillers. Really? At her age they were worried about addiction ruining her life? It is this type of nonsense that helps to illustrate why a federal, "one-size fits all" remedy never works out for anyone other than the people who crave power and control.

jrbiz, Feb 2, 2015 IP
    malky66 likes this.
  4. digitalpoint

digitalpoint Overlord of no one Staff

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    Why are you worried about FDA restrictions when you aren't even in the United States?

digitalpoint, Feb 11, 2015 IP
    sundaybrew, sarahk and Rebecca like this.
  5. finnder

finnder Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Because my parents live in USA and also my grandfather and so do i,though i am not ther right now

finnder, Feb 12, 2015 IP
  6. cherrytom

cherrytom Peon

Best Answers:
    I'm sorry to learn about the problem with the FDA in regard to pain killers. On a much smaller scale, it's the same in Ireland. I used to live and work in the UK and my GP had no problem prescribing strong pain killers for my migraine headaches and sciatica. No so my Irish GP . . . however, for a long time I have been trying out ways of avoiding having to take strong medication, and now I don't take any at all. I have not had a migraine headache in over three years, and I've been clear of sciatica for about 4 years. How? Well, I use what I think is called Alternative Medicine . . . the most common ones I know are Reike, Acupuncture, EFT, and The Silva Method of Mind Control, which is awesome! There are probably dozens of other techniques, so shop around for one that resonates with you. Right now might be a good time to check out EFT --- Emotional Freedom Technique --- as the Tapping World Summit has just started, and a lot of the experts and therapists are offering their services at tremendously reduced rates. Good luck, and keep smiling!

cherrytom, Feb 13, 2015 IP
  7. rastamike

rastamike Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Back problems are caused by not stretching and i mean stretching like a yoga master also too many act like a square man after 30 do some body work and move the body and stretch like a animal!!!

Also you can't let your body build up with too much stress or too much body fluid you must have a happy sex life too. let that stuff out and you will be relieve.

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 26, 2015
    rastamike, Feb 13, 2015 IP
  8. sarahk

sarahk iTamer Staff

Best Answers:
    If you believe the hype the best cure for chronic pain is cutting out grains from your diet. Reduces inflammation etc. Read wheat belly and grain brain for more info - available at libraries.

sarahk, Feb 13, 2015 IP
  9. Rebecca

Rebecca Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    Articles:
    I work in the healthcare industry. Of course, this is all just what I see in my personal experience and what's happening with our clinics -- OP, this is not the reality of how it works, you said, "...Right now is really hard to find a pharmacy willing to accept almost any prescription related with medications for pain..." The only time they have a say in, or object to pain meds being prescribed, is if they catch something one of our Dr's didn't. Basically for two possible reasons. One, they're concerned the patient may have an allergic reaction. It would be the Dr's responsibility to know - any allergies should be on the patient's chart. However, if it's missed, the pharmacy will call to discuss the situation. Second, the pharmacy believes the patient is abusing the drug. Again, that's something that should be caught at the clinic. Anytime a patient in the US is prescribed or fills a narcotic rx it is recorded in a large database - regardless of what medical facility they go to. When a Dr prescribes one, they should check to see their history. Again, if the Dr misses that, the pharmacy will call to discuss. The pharmacy is not deciding whether they're distributing pain medication - it's always the Dr.

We get our fair share of abusers. You know what I've seen patients do? Every couple of days or so, go to a different medical facility with some vague, hard to diagnose pain, asking for pain medication. They try to hide how often they're getting it. Some people are highly addicted. Others are selling it. I've seen incidents of them coming in with government-paid medical insurance for a free visit, then, turn around to sell it for a nice tax-free profit. A way of raising money. lol. With the database, sooner or later they're caught, usually sooner.

Being addicted to Vicodin will screw your life. With the regulations, it's not preventing anyone from getting it. It does require more monitoring. Maybe the Dr. could have given out a 6-month prescription before. Now they can give out a 3-month prescription but have to re-evaluate you again before writing an additional rx. We give out Vicodin ALL the time. I've heard some people with chronic pain talk about Kratom and that the effects are Vicodin-like. I couldn't actually recommend it. I don't know enough about it and I'm not an actual medical professional - just a paper-pusher. But it might be something to research further, it's legal in most places and can be found online.

Last edited: Feb 14, 2015
    Rebecca, Feb 14, 2015 IP
  10. sundaybrew

sundaybrew Numerati

Best Answers:
    Maybe he is planning to be the next WORLD HERO :)

He got one of those GOPRO cameras and they told him he could do anything LOL

sundaybrew, Feb 14, 2015 IP
  11. dscurlock

dscurlock Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    Invisible pain is the worst thing to have. Doctors do not believe you, and govt
    says there is not enough to go on disability, and feels that I can work. okkk....
    So i am supposed work all day while having chronic back pain? The doctor
    sees issues on the xrays, in fact, he says there are plenty reasons why
    I could be in pain; he really does not believe me, all he gives me is muscle
    relaxer and Naproxen, and simply does nothing; my pain says that is candy....

Last edited: Mar 24, 2015
    dscurlock, Mar 24, 2015 IP