1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Christian churches use Jewish symbols to to convert Jews to Jesus

Discussion in 'Politics & Religion' started by KeithCash, Oct 2, 2007.

1. Aceday

Aceday Banned

Best Answers:
    Then why is jesus never called the everlasting Father? or even mighty God for that matter.

You see, you only read it that way because you have little understanding of jewish language.

It is quite unfortunate that in the old Jewish culture, people used to be named "Godly" names. This is quite misleading and deceiving to Christians when they try to define the deity of Jesus.

Psalm 82:6
    The "gods" here in Hebrew is "Elohim", which is plural of "EL". It is the same exact thing as "EL" used for Jesus in Isaiah 9:6, since "gods" is a combination of several "EL"s. And as clearly shown here, for someone to be called "god" or "God" in the Bible it wouldn't make him GOD Almighty Himself.

The trinitarian liars who translate the Bible into English play dirty tricks about capitalizing and lowering the "g" in "God" to prove their trinity lie, while they fully know that it is the same word used for ALL! There is no upper/lower case in hebrew.

Other hebrew names:
    Immanuel, Emanuel, Emmanuel, Immanuel, or Imanuel are the SAME NAME and are another name for Jesus, means "With us is God". This name is also common for men before and after Jesus.

Elihu = "My God is He"
    Gedaliah = "Yahweh is Great" or "Jehovah is Great"
    Eliadah = "God knows"
    Eliab "God is Father"

Also notice that in Isaiah 9:6, it clearly says "and his NAME shall be...." This clearly proves that "Mighty God" is just a name given to the coming Prophet (Jesus). Especially since these type of names were common for ordinary people long before Jesus.

Aceday, Nov 20, 2007 IP
  2. slinky

slinky Banned

Best Answers:
    Oh - I got it. So your experience with Jews is the definition of what Jewish people are all about. I'm sure you've met the gamut and, unless you live in an area where there are enough Jewish people for you to sample, respectfully, you don't know what you're talking about.

slinky, Nov 20, 2007 IP
  3. slinky

slinky Banned

Best Answers:
    So let's get this straight - Judaism is a religion, right? We are talking about your religious belief right? If you believe in Buddhism then you are a Buddhist, regardless of where your familial history was, be it Christian, Jewish or Necromonger. There is a common misunderstanding about what being "Jewish" although there are a large number of people within the gene pool because of the cohesion for many centuries.

Essentially, if what you are saying is true, then Christians should just accept the fact they are Jewish. Beats me why Tomás de Torquemada wouldn't have invited them all for a dinner instead of a last supper.

Regarding the second part, let me know if you seriously want to discuss.

slinky, Nov 20, 2007 IP
  4. earthfaze

earthfaze Peon

Best Answers:
    Ahh I love the debate honestly. I'll take up the New Age thing since I might just be qualified (is that possible?). I believe the correct interpretation of though shall not suffer a witch to live would be a poisoner not a witch. As in someone who sells or uses poisons I.E. a killer someone who could poison the well and kill the whole villiage. Judaism has a strong history in what some might consider esoteric practices that are not against the Law. Astrology, divination and dream interpretation comes to mind as well as various "meditative" practices designed to bring one into a "good" frame of mind. Part of this esoteric tradition is the fact that Rabbis have interesting ways of discerning special meaning from the holy texts and very strict rules on interpreting them which allows the religion to be changeable at its surface but not at its core. I find that last bit very important myself. Its strict enough to have a discernable core of beliefs but not so strict that they are never questioned and in fact it is important that they are questioned.
    Look seriously research the history of Christianity if you think Paul was so fantastic, you know he was the one apostle to never have actually sat down and talked to Jesus? Interesting how important he is to the movement that is Christianity isn't it, I mean he probably wrote half of the New Testament himself and he never even met Jesus except in a vision he had when he bumped his head and probably had heat stroke on the road to Damascus. Another interesting thing is that the one person the whole religion of Christianity revolves around is the one who never wrote a book on it.
    Anyone know who wrote Mathew, Mark, Luke and John? No no one really KNOWS, they where not signed but along the way someone thought it sounded good to put those names to those books.

Personally I don't care what anyone believes as long as they leave me and mine out of it but whenever I see one holy roller bashing someones beliefs I like to point out the foolishness of it.

earthfaze, Nov 20, 2007 IP
  5. Dead Corn

Dead Corn Peon

Best Answers:
    As the son of a both a Jew and a Christian I can safely say - GET OVER YOURSELF! Eyyyyyyyyyyuck!!!

Dead Corn, Nov 20, 2007 IP
  6. tbh

tbh Peon

Best Answers:
    lol ... ann coulter?

tbh, Nov 21, 2007 IP
  7. proteindude

proteindude Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Again, that was MY experience and I met Jews from various places. I even tried the askmoses.com and I found them relatively weak on subjects that challenged them such as belief in hell (as shown in the book of Daniel).

But just out of curiosity, are there any teachings of Jesus that you (as a Jew) would consider worthy to remember or teach?

proteindude, Nov 21, 2007 IP
  8. slinky

slinky Banned

Best Answers:
    I hear what you're saying but, especially in text, you should be clear that what you're saying is that in your rather small experience this is what you've seen. Askmoses is not the quintessential collection of the Jewish people. It could be $5 per hour employees who may not have an answer for you. Go to your local Young Israel and you'll probably find people who could teach you a great deal about the Old Testament.

The teachings of Jesus and his disciples are not taught for the simple reason that Jesus is considered a false prophet. It isn't common sense, no matter how much you may find redemption, to expect Jewish people to teach it in their schools any more than it make sense for a Catholic school to indulge in studying Scientology.

slinky, Nov 21, 2007 IP
  9. tbarr60

tbarr60 Notable Member

Best Answers:
    What you call "idiocy" comes from the Book of Judges. You need to read a bit of the scriptures and improve your vocabulary to a post bat mitzvahs level. You use idiocy and stupid variants too frequently, I'd recommend not using them at all. And if you can't see where the Jews rejected and reject God, try to figure out why they needed the judges in Judges.

tbarr60, Nov 21, 2007 IP
  10. slinky

slinky Banned

Best Answers:
    tbarr60 - Thank you for your respectful tone. Let me know when you can read the scriptures in Hebrew and commentary in Aramaic. I guess I need to get to a "bat" mitzvah's level (you sure that you got that one right? LOL)

What strikes me as hilarious is that you keep on insisting that the Jews reject G-d. Ever hear of Rosh Hashanah? Yom Kippur? Who do Jews pray to? Beelzebub? The Transformers? If they actually do pray to G-d then it means that with regard to your understanding of the scriptures, you are missing a very big piece!

slinky, Nov 22, 2007 IP
  11. slinky

slinky Banned

Best Answers:
    So looking backwards in this thread, I now understand why you're unable to understand Judaism and the Torah. You have no respect for anyone who doesn't believe Jesus was the Messiah/G-d/etc. and anyone who denies Jesus is essentially an idol-worshipping Philistine and/or atheist. I have no doubt that in your country club, Jews aren't allowed. FYI, there were millions of Jews in history who died for their faith/G-d during the Holocaust, the Inquisition, etc. I fail to see how Jesus' death on the cross is any more of a sacrifice nor do I see how life is different or how "salvation" has been achieved already - but you're entitled to your opinion.

First, saying the Jews don't believe in G-d because they don't believe in Christ is an incredible insult. I'll hold myself back and remember that you aren't the voice of all Christians, just some of the few who delude themselves into thinking they know about religion and preach intolerance and derision of others who are non-believers. To say that Jews don't keep the law and do just a couple of things like wearing a Yamika is about as insulting as it gets to Jewish people. It is manifestly clear that you know extremely little about Judaism and don't have much of an understanding of the Old Testament either - you know, the "Five Books"?

It's pretty clear you have no desire to know what Judaism is about - Jews accept the fact that nobody is perfect as do many religions. The goal is to do as much as you can and be the best person you can be. There are many very religious and pious people. Their lives aren't worthless and haven't changed because a guy who claimed he was the Messiah was crucified like others were about 2,000 years ago. When people die, G-d judges their actions during their lifetime.

Don't waste our time until you're ready to be accepting of others and willing to learn. There are a lot of smart people here and it's about time you respected them and their different opinions.

slinky, Nov 22, 2007 IP
  12. tbarr60

tbarr60 Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Thanks for making it through a post with out idiocy or stupid. And I did mean bat mitzvah.

Have you read the book of Judges?

tbarr60, Nov 22, 2007 IP
  13. slinky

slinky Banned

Best Answers:
    Of course - and in the original Hebrew. Your silence seems to indicate you were pegged perfectly as the DP Christian Crusader.

If you'd like to know more about what Judges actually means, here's a link too - it's the least I can do with your generous contribution.

Understanding Judges

slinky, Nov 22, 2007 IP
  14. northpointaiki

northpointaiki Guest

Best Answers:
    Slinky, a bit of brotherly advice. Don't bother. It doesn't land on anything but soft soil, from my unpleasant trips down that sodden road.

northpointaiki, Nov 22, 2007 IP
  15. dilipsam

dilipsam Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    The original Torah differs from the old testament we good Christians read.

Apparently there it has a different prophecy of the Messiah which is why the Jews rejected Christ.

Christians instead of spreading the good word and deeds which God likes us to do, have indulged in converting people for the sake of money. Marketing for God? I'll conveniently quote where we are warned of many anti-Christians who will claim they have seen God. Just watch out for these DRGs Dangerous Religious Groups.

One more thing I would like to question the basic foundation of Christianity is the Trinity. We say Jews reject the Trinity and hence hell awaits them! Ok let's take Christ out of the equation. We all know that the Holy spirit of God existed even in the Torah. Why weren't the Jews asked by God to worship the Holy Ghost?

All we can do is inquire. I would also like to quote Nietzsche in bold letters where he mocks the phrase "I am the way":

[SIZE=-1]You have your way. I have my way. As for the right way, the correct way, and the only way, it does not exist.

[/SIZE]If you wish to strive for peace of soul and pleasure, then believe; if you wish to be a
    devotee of truth, then inquire!

dilipsam, Nov 22, 2007 IP
  16. grab my heat

grab my heat Banned

Best Answers:
    Stop being so anti-semitic.

grab my heat, Nov 23, 2007 IP
  17. proteindude

Best Answers:
    I think you better read my posts here at dp before making such a totally baseless point. Here's one of my points (there are others as well which you can find my views about the Jews): "Whenever I pass through an airport it's not for Jewish boms they are searching me."

proteindude, Nov 24, 2007 IP
  18. northpointaiki

northpointaiki Guest

Best Answers:
    Protein, the semitic people include Jews and Arabs. I feel that you have inappropriately insulted both, and overall, I'd refer you to Christ's message.

northpointaiki, Nov 24, 2007 IP
  19. Elsa2

Elsa2 Peon

Best Answers:
    I think its fairly clear proteindude, you are another jew hater, you support these deceptive churches so stop trying to fool my people with your lies and polytheism! I never heard of a rabbi molesting kids, its always your sick priests.

Elsa2, Nov 24, 2007 IP
  20. proteindude

Best Answers:
    You can make all the insinuations you want. You surely aren't the first to brand me as a hater. But being a Jew hater??? Are you sure you got the right dude here? After all, my boss is also Jewish (a Jewish carpenter).

You talk crap right now. Now I'm lowering myself to your level and here's a list of rabbis who molested kids: http://100777.com/node/463 and http://www.theawarenesscenter.org/ Here's a title: Long list of Jewish Child Molestor Rabbis gets no media coverage and Jewish homosexual pedophiles are undisturbed. I am sure if you do a search on the net you would find a lot more information about rabbis who molest kids. Again, this is arguing at your level.

Arguing on a normal level you should be able to know that nowhere in the Bible (Old and New Testament) is sexual impurity promoted (quite the contrary). Those who molest kids are first of all child molestors and not folks that do what their "religion" teaches them. I doubt you'll get the point though.

proteindude, Nov 24, 2007 IP