1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Christian churches use Jewish symbols to to convert Jews to Jesus

Discussion in 'Politics & Religion' started by KeithCash, Oct 2, 2007.

1. debunked

debunked Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    You sure have issues.... Did you read the rest of the pamphlet? Didn't think so, but neither did I, so I won't argue about it.

Dude the link was to a site like theonion.com which is a joke or parody site. If you can't tell the difference, then you need more help than I thought.

This is where you are confused still. These Christians never ceased to believe the Jewish theology, they believed it fully to the point the saw some prophecies come true.

I have no chip on my shoulder towards Jews, yet I have never had a conversation with one so bent on being mad and purposely misunderstanding someone like you have been.

His mom died alone and miserable. She wouldn't hardly even let her own Children into her house or anyone else for that matter.

I don't know ann coulter except that she is a loudmouth. If my father-in-law says he believes he is a completed Jew why do you need to take issue up with him? My goodness, you are weak.

There are many cults and religions in the USA, in fact the mormons and jw's send their people to my door, hippies hold up their signs, atheists cry on forums, but I don't let that bother me. There is too much at stake in life to be worried about everyone else's beliefs. As a Christian I am told by Jesus to tell others about him, should I obey man rather than G-d?

debunked, Oct 12, 2007 IP
  2. slinky

slinky Banned

Best Answers:
    I read the whole pamphlet and know far more about this topic then you do, which apparently is a low barrier. But why are you talking if you're not even bothering to read what people are writing?

I'm ending this conversation - it's clear you don't even know about your own religion yet are giving lectures on the religion of other people. Jesus being the Messiah is contrary to the Jewish belief, end of story. If religious Christians were religious Jews plus something else then they wouldn't eat pork, they wouldn't work on Saturday and wouldn't do a whole bunch of other things.

I'm not mad and, in fact, have some fantastic close Christian friends - none of whom resemble yourself. The big difference is that we respect each other. You appear unable to stop and on a mission to tell as many people as possible that they unfortunately chose the wrong religion.

Does it even dawn on you that this is INSULTING, calling other people imperfect or incomplete and reminding them of this? How about if people called Christians "the misguided and gullible Jews?" It's disrespectful. And if you think Ann Coulter is a loudmouth, then perhaps you should read something instead of blabbering. The article you were linked to says that your father-in-law said the EXACT same thing as your self-proclaimed loudmouth. If what she said is insulting to Jews then your father-in-law is doing the exact same thing and condescending to other people who hear the message all too clearly.

If you've been told by Jesus to tell others, than you finished that duty long ago. We all know who Jesus was.

Considering your own admission that you don't read the things people provide you, this conversation is over. You don't want to know anything about anyone else, only to convert them and agree with you. As I said, thankfully my Christian friends -- and all my friends -- are respectful of people around them. As people we care about each other and that transcends any other agenda. It wouldn't dawn on any of us to call the other "incomplete" or "imperfect" such as you and your father-in-law have no problem doing in public - and you wonder why people are giving you grief...

Have a nice day and see ya around...

slinky, Oct 12, 2007 IP
  3. debunked

debunked Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    I didn't disrespect you by anything I said, if you are so weak in your beliefs I am sorry. You are the one on an attack here not me.

You never provided this pamphlet, the article only stated what was on the front, so if you did link, I missed it.

I will leave you to your self-pity and anger. good bye

debunked, Oct 12, 2007 IP
  4. slinky

slinky Banned

Best Answers:
    Calling Jews or any religion incomplete or imperfect is an insult. Nobody is attacking you - we are quoting you and trying to help you understand this.

All that we hoped was that you'd stop to think about what you wrote, the point we are making and apologize for it. I'm not angry... just disappointed that you are yet another person who blames everyone but himself. To err is human. To forgive is divine. ;)

We're a friendly group but you have to be mindful of others. Sometimes we all don't realize this. Take some time to think about it. No grudges here.

slinky, Oct 12, 2007 IP
  5. tbarr60

tbarr60 Notable Member

Best Answers:
    It is interesting that you reference "Jewish beliefs" rather than the scriptures.

I also find it odd that so much of the law is neglected by Jews I meet but pork is an issue they tend to focus on. They aren't so concerned about having a right relationship to God which has eternal consequences but get hung up on something that will be passed out of the body in a day or two.

tbarr60, Oct 12, 2007 IP
  6. slinky

slinky Banned

Best Answers:
    Beliefs/scriptures - semantics. The beliefs/credo/religion/manifestation comes from a source. Not interesting at all and no secret to be found.

When you say "so much of the law is neglected by Jews" exactly how much Jewish law do you know of that they are omitting? How many Jews are you talking about? People are people and it's no different anywhere else. There are plenty of people who are hung up with this "relationship with G-d" yet they treat their fellow man with disrespect.

slinky, Oct 13, 2007 IP
  7. tbarr60

tbarr60 Notable Member

Best Answers:
    The scriptures are a set of documents that do not change. Beliefs vary over time and from person to person. The Jews, the Catholics and others take the scriptures and add to or subtract from them and come up with a set of beliefs. Why use as a standard something that is not inspired and inerrant like the scriptures are?

You for one are neglecting the law or at least Jewish belief today. You typed on a computer which is work. My daughter has always had at least one Jewish girl on her soccer team that plays on Saturdays. I had a coworker who was ethnically and socially a Jew but the only law I could see her keeping was abstaining from pork, she let her kids eat it, and I once informed her about something she eats that is actually not allowed by the law. We can turn to Hollywood (there is some Jewish influence there, right?) and see sin produced and acted out by Jewish members of Hollywood. Then you can look at the fields of Law and Advertising, how are Jews in these fields doing with the law about bearing false witness?

You ask how much of the law are Jews omitting and I have hard time finding any part of the law that Jews actually do keep. None of us can keep any part of law no matter how we hard try. Hence we all need a Savior.

tbarr60, Oct 13, 2007 IP
  8. pizzaman

pizzaman Active Member

Best Answers:
    what is the point? jews do not belive that jesus is the man for the job. your argument is the exact thing that muslems say about christians.if the message of these groups need lies and half truths then what that say about the message

pizzaman, Oct 13, 2007 IP
  9. tbarr60

tbarr60 Notable Member

Best Answers:
    What is the point? I will reitereate:
    1. Go with scripture not extra-Biblical beliefs.
    2. Jews (and nobody else) don't and can't keep the law but will do a few showy things like wearing a yamika and avoiding certain food products.
    3. Since none of us can keep the law our sins need to be covered by sacrifices or the perfect sacrifice.

With regards to the Muslims, the religion Mohamed created was a step backwards into works. In affect it is a man made version of what Judiaism was 2400 years ago. Christianity is the completion of what was presented in the prophetic books and the fulfillment of the law. Jesus was sacrificed on the cross giving us access to salvation by grace.

tbarr60, Oct 14, 2007 IP
  10. pizzaman

pizzaman Active Member

Best Answers:
    this is your belief. not mine.why can't you understand this simple fact.

pizzaman, Oct 15, 2007 IP
  11. tbarr60

tbarr60 Notable Member

Best Answers:
    I was answering your questions. I made three points based on your previous post.

One thing that kind of amazes me about Jews who reject God is that they have records of what happens when they turn away from God and what happens when they earnestly seek him as recorded in the book of Judges.

You are going with "beliefs" rather than searching the scriptures. Read Psalm 22 and see if you can honestly say that has nothing to do with the crucification of Jesus.

tbarr60, Oct 15, 2007 IP
  12. Pauline

Pauline Peon

Best Answers:
    I can't believe those Jews for Jesus people. They are CRAZY.

Pauline, Oct 15, 2007 IP
  13. pizzaman

pizzaman Active Member

Best Answers:
    jews do not reject god

pizzaman, Oct 15, 2007 IP
  14. tbarr60

tbarr60 Notable Member

Best Answers:
    That's a belief, read the book of Judges. Reread Psalm 22.

tbarr60, Oct 15, 2007 IP
  15. carl_in_florida

carl_in_florida Active Member

Best Answers:
    That;s not true. Some Jews refute it. Some don't think about it. Some accept that Jesus is the messiah in the flesh.

carl_in_florida, Nov 6, 2007 IP
  16. carl_in_florida

Best Answers:
    I would not say that Jews reject God. But you can't say that the Jews have never rejected God. The tanakh shows clearly the opposite. Judges is a pretty clear book recording the pattern.

carl_in_florida, Nov 6, 2007 IP
  17. TWalker

TWalker Peon

Best Answers:
    TWalker, Nov 6, 2007 IP
  18. slinky

slinky Banned

Best Answers:
    Aren't you hilarious. Let everyone know when you experience what it's like to be a minority within a minority. When you're surrounded by people who just can't stop preaching it can be rather intimidating, especially to people who are emotionally vulnerable... especially around Christmas time. Let us know when you sympathize for someone other than yourself.

Carl_in_florida - no Jews accept that Jesus is the Messiah. Those people are appropriately called "Christians." The Jews are still waiting for the Messiah.

tbarr60 - Your comment about the Jews rejecting G-d comes from the same idiocy that has many believing the Jews have horns. Some interpretations from original languages are beyond laughable, as is the notion that the Jews reject G-d because of the cite in Psalms you are referring to. These stupid translations then get passed on and spread like wildfire as if it were fact.

slinky, Nov 20, 2007 IP
  19. proteindude

proteindude Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    From the Jewish Scriptures (not that many Jews read them): Isaiah 9;6 For unto us a child is born, unto us a son is given: and the government shall be upon his shoulder: and his name shall be called Wonderful, Counsellor, The mighty God, The everlasting Father, The Prince of Peace.

What I found with the Jews (my own experience) is they know about their traditions and yet they don't read their scriptures. So they are big on traditions and very little knowledge when it comes to Scriptures. Wasn't Hosea the prophet who brought God's message: "My people perish for lack of knowledge." Hosea 4;6

proteindude, Nov 20, 2007 IP
  20. carl_in_florida

Best Answers:
    That is amazing! So you believe that once someone comes to faith in Christ, he changes their whole lineage! That is an incredible statement. I have met plenty of Jews who became Budists. Are they no longer Jews? What about the ones who practice new age? Are they no longer Jews? According to the law they should be stoned for witchcraft. Will you take part in that? Or do you reject torah?

I am being somewhat facetious but can you point to where you come up with your statement that Jews who have not rejected Messiah are no longer Jews?

carl_in_florida, Nov 20, 2007 IP