1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Choosing server hosting for Mid or small E-commerce company

Discussion in 'eCommerce' started by edisonthomaskt, Mar 9, 2016.

I state reasons from 7 points.

1. server location
      As know as we can,Distance from your target country to your server location influence the speed of your speed.if your website face the global,you can chose server close to your target country.You can take care of USA or HongKong.
    2. the speed of customer visiting
      Generally speaking,There are two factors affecting the speed.One thing,the website itself.The other thing configuration of server.If you have rich fund,you can buy speeder.
    3. stability of server
      Although some website have good speed upon visiting website,sometimes your clients can get access to your website.Even though you make a best optimization,maybe your website will result at the end of search engine even disappearing.That is why we should pay more attention to table server.
    4. network line and bandwidth for server
      Network line get relation with stability of server.Good network is able to change smartly line,which ensure network smooth.You should figure out bandwidth is shared or private in where affect the performance of website running.
    5. the size of IIS connection
      Firstly,I explain the size of IIS connection to you.The size of ISS connection is the amount of visitors viewing your website at the same time.I imagine now you take it into your consideration when you chose server hosting.
    6. the parameters of servers
      I suppose on this point i neednt to indicate it.
    7. scalability of server.
      You website grow up in the long term.you need big server until your website large enough.so you ask hosting company that they support scalability or not.It is crucial in the future.
    your ideas?

edisonthomaskt, Mar 9, 2016 IP
  2. chellosp

chellosp Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    After using Azure (really sucks...) for a website, now I'm in Siteground and really recommend it. But don't forget to use cache if your website has a lot of views per day.

chellosp, Mar 10, 2016 IP
  3. appkodes

appkodes Banned

Best Answers:
    Why not a dedicated server like digital ocean or amazon aws with intial packages. Hope they will be reliable

appkodes, Mar 31, 2016 IP
  4. IdosellShop

IdosellShop Banned

Best Answers:
    I would go for package- Saas- software + server- why? Usually server is in cloud- elastic costs and it is simply cheaper in overall cost (no admins, backups, redundancy and the other headaches). software- service raiders are interested in keeping your store backend up to date and fully functional. Some of them over-feature software which is actually good- having right tools on hand the moment you need is perfect if they do not charge you per modules.

Service level- server capabilities depend on traffic you expect- for retail you might need stronger machine than for B2B- but still all depends on how mature is the business- is it new launch of existing strong business or a startup- all these matters.

IdosellShop, May 30, 2016 IP