1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Choosing a theme that's right for me.

Discussion in 'Blogging' started by MikenetDP, Feb 22, 2016.

I'm using Wordpress and scrolling through a long list of themes, none of them match what I want exactly as far as layout goes and when I've fooled around with a couple of them, some things I couldn't figure out how to do. Im starting to think many of these themes have limited customization options which discouradges me from using them. I'm hoping I wont have to ditch themes alltogether, I'll take me a while to figure out coding.

Here's what I want to do with my domain...

My homepage will connect to two seperate blogs that are linked to the hompage directly, they don't lead to other websites, they're just page links.

I want the homepage to be fairly simple and easy to use, with a large image that makes up the majority of the page, and 4 page links that are in the header, 3 of which will be in the center.

The middle link will describe the purpose of these blogs and how they're related, the links to the left and right of that will be the seprate blogs.

The fouth link I want on the far right of the header, it will be an (about me) page. I may at some point add things to the image area or add a side panal, so I need flexibility.

I havent decided how the acutual pages that the homepage will link to will look but I'll likely need flexibility with those as well. Changing the with of side panels and headers and the location of my post are all things I'll be considering.

The ability to add apps to a theme is also something id like, so that's another concern.

MikenetDP, Feb 22, 2016 IP
  2. MikenetDP

MikenetDP Peon

Best Answers:
    With the above I mean add ons, Im still getting used to some of these terms :p

MikenetDP, Feb 23, 2016 IP
  3. brennans

brennans Peon

Best Answers:
    Have you seen a site you liked,from there you can check what theme is being used.

brennans, May 11, 2016 IP
  4. Nigel Lew

Nigel Lew Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Nigel Lew, May 11, 2016 IP
  5. TheW4F

TheW4F Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Any pagebuilder theme should suit your needs. Go to themeforest and search 'drag and drop', 'pagebuilder', or multiresponsive and you'll get a ton of themes to choose from ;) good luck

TheW4F, May 25, 2016 IP
  6. wordsrank

wordsrank Peon

Best Answers:
    Simplicity:
    Many WordPress themes come with lots of colors, complex layouts, flashy animations, etc. Sometimes you may need those things, but in most cases you don’t really need all that. Look for a theme that has a design layout that helps you support your goal. It needs to look good but without compromising on usability and simplicity.

Responsive Themes:
    Google shows mobile friendly websites on top in their mobile search results. Regardless of your site’s topics and demographics, all websites need to be responsive and fully mobile ready. Most WordPress themes are already responsive by default. But there are still sellers who are selling fixed width layouts that are not mobile friendly at all. Make sure that the theme you are choosing for your website is mobile friendly.

wordsrank, Jun 27, 2016 IP