1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

choose your favourite web design,blue or green?

Discussion in 'HTML & Website Design' started by sfyh, Jul 1, 2010.

As one of EC website's design, welcome to choose one that you like most from them. :)

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

sfyh, Jul 1, 2010 IP
  2. SrPioneer

SrPioneer Peon

Best Answers:
    The blue one, the design it's more clean, I cant describle it

SrPioneer, Jul 1, 2010 IP
  3. digitalchat

digitalchat Peon

Best Answers:
    Hello, welcome to digitalpoint!
    I prefer the blue one. The blue on looks more professional, clean, quality and fresh, while the green one looks a little old.

digitalchat, Jul 1, 2010 IP
  4. v4vhen

v4vhen Peon

Best Answers:
    I go for the blue one. Eye catching and clean.

v4vhen, Jul 1, 2010 IP
  5. zhoom

zhoom Peon

Best Answers:
    Blue for sure...

zhoom, Jul 2, 2010 IP
  6. sfyh

sfyh Peon

Best Answers:
    Thanks for your opinion, what is the insufficient place needs to be improved?

sfyh, Jul 2, 2010 IP
  7. WindowToYourMotives

WindowToYourMotives Peon

Best Answers:
    Green. The green looks livelier and more inviting. The blue looks like a bad Wal-Mart imitation.

WindowToYourMotives, Jul 2, 2010 IP
  8. anands

anands Active Member

Best Answers:
    Blue it is... Site looks perfect!!

anands, Jul 2, 2010 IP
  9. Dynamo

Dynamo Peon

Best Answers:
    Color has more influence than you may believe. As everyone knows, on the web, your site and everything related to your site, including color, provokes an emotional response from the visitor. If you pay attention to what the graphics pros say, the meanings below are what different colors convey:

RED is associated with love, passion, danger, warning, excitement, food, impulse, action, adventure.

BLUE is associated with trustworthiness, success, seriousness, calmness, power, professionalism.

GREEN is associated with money, nature, animals, health, healing, life, harmony.

ORANGE is associated with comfort, creativity, celebration, fun, youth, affordability.

PURPLE is associated with royalty, justice, ambiguity, uncertainty, luxury, fantasy, dreams.

WHITE is associated with innocence, purity, cleanliness, simplicity.

YELLOW is associated with curiosity, playfulness, cheerfulness, amusement.

PINK is associated with softness, sweetness, innocence, youthfulness, tenderness.

BROWN is associated with earth, nature, tribal, primitive, simplicity.

GREY is associated with neutralality, indifference, reserved.

BLACK is associated with seriousness, darkness, mystery, secrecy.

I don't necessarily agree with all of their deductions, but I don't construct my sites around what I think. They are all about what the visitors think and how they react to what's on the pages. According to the color meanings above, both of your schemes should work well, but for different reasons. (Blue has just a bit of an edge for what I think you're trying to do.)

Personally, I definitely lean towards using the blue because you've got a business/e-commerce site. But the difference is very close. I've made color changes before that slightly affected conversions, but the differences were never dramatic and I've got a pretty good grasp of which colors work best for me. Like all of you , I do run across sites that make me cringe when I see the combinations that are being used. Just like in everything else, some people can judge color better than others. If you are really stuck about it, split test each color for a week or so (at least) and see what the differences are, especially if it's an important site to you.

If it were me, I would run each page through a heat map during the testing to see where people were clicking on the page and what items and colors occupied that space. That's work, but sometimes, when it's that close, it's the only way to prove it to yourself either way through the actions your visitors are taking and conversions.

I know that I've been surprised more than once about colors, fonts, layout, language, etc.

Dynamo, Jul 2, 2010 IP
  10. pa3ick

pa3ick Peon

Best Answers:
    I agree with opinion that green is better, because blue is too cold for me....

pa3ick, Jul 2, 2010 IP
  11. wpg56

wpg56 Peon

Best Answers:
    Green looks friendlier and trustworthy. Blue looks cold and standoffish.

wpg56, Jul 2, 2010 IP
  12. Wamer

Wamer Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Blue one. Its cleaner, nicer.

Wamer, Jul 2, 2010 IP
  13. Dynamo

Dynamo Peon

Best Answers:
    It would appear that you've got a good number of opinions both ways. As I posted earlier, a split test may be called for to be able to see what converts best. Ultimately, it really doesn't matter what I think. Testing visitor reaction to both will answer the question for you. That's the critical point. Which color appeals to your customers most and makes you more money should be the key issue here. It's really much more a dollars and cents question, as it is about the aesthetics. That's what makes the world go around with an e-commerce site. It's about what color or combination of colors sell best.

The main thing that sways me to the blue is that the green has some key elements in blue and, from my perspective, the blue clashes with the green somewhat. It's still better than a lot of sites I see, but that is the issue I have with the green. Try colorpicker.com (free) to look at complimentary colors for each one. That site gets used quite a bit, but it's not user friendly and takes some getting used to the austere interface. I don't like the way this site is put together, but it does nail the color combinations down pretty well.

Last edited: Jul 2, 2010
    Dynamo, Jul 2, 2010 IP
  14. sfyh

sfyh Peon

Best Answers:
    Thanks for your advice, we have decided to use the blue design, the design of the following three better?
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Attached Files:

• d.jpg
      d.jpg
      File size:
      102.6 KB
      Views:
    • 1.jpg
      1.jpg
      File size:
      102.7 KB
      Views:
    • index4.jpg
      index4.jpg
      File size:
      104.7 KB
      Views:
    Last edited: Jul 4, 2010
    sfyh, Jul 4, 2010 IP
  15. inspiroHost

inspiroHost Peon

Best Answers:
    I prefer the blue one.

inspiroHost, Jul 4, 2010 IP
  16. jspinoyonline

jspinoyonline Peon

Best Answers:
    I like the blue one, maybe because its m favorite color... :)

jspinoyonline, Jul 4, 2010 IP
  17. sfyh

sfyh Peon

Best Answers:
    which is your best favourite? 1, 2, or 3?

sfyh, Jul 4, 2010 IP
  18. Asgeco

Asgeco Member

Best Answers:
    Blue one looks a lot better.

Asgeco, Jul 5, 2010 IP
  19. Dynamo

Dynamo Peon

Best Answers:
    Actually, after looking at all three, what is the difference between spotlight products and feature products. That would seem to be redundant to me. I don't think it's possible to make a choice until I know what the difference is. Also, if I can't understand the difference and find it a little confusing, what are your site visitors going to think?

All three layouts look fine to me, with that one exception, of course. If I could offer some advice, it sort of looks like you're trying to be a little to perfect and that is keeping your site from going up and making you money quickly. My philosophy is always to get it up as fast as I can, then worry about minor changes like color and order depending on how my visitors are reacting. That's also why I advised that you run the heat map on the site to see where your visitors are clicking. That metric will dictate the best order for you.

If I sound a little stuck on the using the heat map idea, it's because they work. If I know where people are being drawn to spend time or click on the site, I can take them where I want them to go by making changes at that point, rather than trying to guess before putting the site up.

That's just my 2 cents about it and the site looks good in any of the layouts above. Let your customers dictate your next moves. It really doesn't matter what we think; it's what they think that counts and makes you money.

Dynamo, Jul 5, 2010 IP
  20. secci

secci Peon

Best Answers:
    blue one looks better buddy...

secci, Jul 5, 2010 IP