1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Chitika - worth the time?

Discussion in 'Chitika' started by alldaylinks, Feb 27, 2010.

I made $3.64 this month with Chitika.

I added it to the frontpage and all single page/posts of a reasonably high traffic site that gets on average 1000 UV per day.

On average day the ads get 50 impressions (despite over 1000 unique visitors a day) and on average between 0-3 clicks.

The rate per click isn't too bad - between $0.04 and $0.06 per click... so some days it brings in as much as...... $0.12!

What do you guys think?

Is this a useful add on? Should I roll this out to other sites, or am I just wasting time / traffic compared to adding Adsense or affiliate links?

$3.64 isn't a huge amount of money - but every little helps. I'm just wondering if I am diverting attention from higher paying ads etc.

alldaylinks, Feb 27, 2010 IP
  2. robyries

robyries Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    yes,... chitika get lower click that clicksor,.. I have been using them for long time but not getting good,.. so move your feed to another one. :D

robyries, Feb 27, 2010 IP
  3. paidmax

paidmax Member

Best Answers:
    I used chitika for 3 Months and it sucks... 7.84$ A nice Kebap :)

paidmax, Feb 28, 2010 IP
  4. alldaylinks

alldaylinks Active Member

Best Answers:
    Lets rename them to Kebabika hehehe

alldaylinks, Feb 28, 2010 IP
  5. patp

patp Peon

Best Answers:
    Does chitika work on blogs, I am new to this and need to find out more ways to drive traffic to my blogs. Any ideas appreciated.

patp, Feb 28, 2010 IP
  6. holyrhapsody

holyrhapsody Peon

Best Answers:
    See here: http://josiahstaggs.com/post/333337756/best-ads-for-blogs

----

I think i should give you guys my earnings report..

[​IMG]
    Still works for me. I use Chitika as a third source of income on my sites.

holyrhapsody, Feb 28, 2010 IP
  7. skyfire

skyfire Peon

Best Answers:
    Chitika is interested in more of US/CA/UK traffic. So if your site is not fetching traffic from those locations it will be waste to show these ads.

skyfire, Mar 1, 2010 IP
  8. zedomax

zedomax Peon

Best Answers:
    I've been using Chitika for 3 years, I drive about 2 million impressions a month and 20 blogs in different niches.

For 3 years, my CPC has not ever gone up more than 12 cents, regardless of my niche.

And in my latest testings, putting Chitika along with Adsense is a BAD idea because you will saturate your Adsense CPCs.

If you are going to use Chitika, you need to only use it when Chitika CPC is higher than Adsense, and also take out Adsense. I haven't found that niche so I've stopped using it and my Adsense revenue has skyrocketted, see my full review here:

http://zedomax.biz/blog/advertiseme...se-your-potential-ad-revenue-is-not-100-true/

zedomax, Mar 1, 2010 IP
  9. DoctorFred

DoctorFred Active Member

Best Answers:
    Hi Zedomax

I did this Chitika+Adsense on some sites I work on, and the Adsense EPCs really did go wayyy up. But there is a lot going on with those sites and I have not been sure if it's really Chitika increasing the money. (Well actually any non-Adsense ad would theoretically increase the earnings...because what's happening in the Adsense that displays has a higher EPC cuz there's fewer Adsense).

Would be interested in your thoughts on this - thanks!

I will say for sure that Chitika alone really does not pay well. If you can't use Adsense I would recommend trying Adbrite or something before Chitika.

DoctorFred, Mar 1, 2010 IP
  10. patp

patp Peon

Best Answers:
    Thanks for all the input. Do you know of legit ways to get traffic to a blog. Google disabled my account. My over zealous family clicked to much......I opened an new google account and I am trying again.

patp, Mar 2, 2010 IP
  11. zedomax

zedomax Peon

Best Answers:
    When you first start using Adsense+Chitika, your overall revenues might go up but in the long run, you are sabotaging your own CPCs.

Think of it this way, if you offered a hotdog for $5 to Google's advertisers and same hotdog for $1 to Chitika's advertisers, where will advertisers go?

The answer will tell you that advertisers will eventually go whereever is cheaper and if they go to Chitika, that means they are no longer advertising for the same keywords on Google, thus CPC sabotage.

But there may be exceptions such as sites that get poor quality traffic and thus low Adsense CTR/CPMs, for these you can try this: http://zedomax.biz/blog/make-money-...ic-and-less-annoying-to-your-regular-readers/

Adsense would always be your best option and if you can test out a site with better CTR/CPMs on other networks, soley use that one, DON'T MIX CPC ads as they will saturate and flood your own revenues.

zedomax, Mar 2, 2010 IP
  12. vannarith

vannarith Active Member

Best Answers:
    i am so regret to here that bloggers could earn $3 per month. Is it worth to spend time on it?

vannarith, Mar 27, 2010 IP
  13. vannarith

vannarith Active Member

Best Answers:
    Fantastic to see your report. i dont how to earn that much and how long will i got thos bulk traffic!

vannarith, Mar 27, 2010 IP