1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Chitika is a joke - CPM/CPC/revenue results

Discussion in 'Pay Per Click Advertising' started by dev22, Jun 17, 2014.

My AdSense was disabled for some reason I still don't know so I looked for alternatives and many sites recommended Chitika. After 1/2 day of using Chitika I got first results (it takes a day to see the stats, crappy slow service). They are JUST TERRIBLE.

I used to get around $0.5 per click with AdSense, sometimes much more as it's highly competitive niche. My CPM was around $3.

Here are the results with Chitika:

[​IMG]

$0.04 for 9 clicks? are you kidding me? $0.05 CPM... just terrible!

Do not use CHITIKA, it's just waste of time and money!

dev22, Jun 17, 2014 IP
  2. wrekoniz3

wrekoniz3 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I would give their system time to adjust, usually networks need a period of 3 - 5 days at least to get you white listed with advertisers, and get better campaigns running. Just some advice. Its not really saying much when someone comes on here with under 500 impressions and is complaining about their CPM's and that volume even if its a half day, what other options do you think you are going to get? As hard as it is to say and hear; Most networks wouldn't/don't waste their time with low volume sites/publishers.

wrekoniz3, Jun 17, 2014 IP
  3. aassociatehit

aassociatehit Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I doubt chitika takes time to adjust usually that is what rate they offer, though I don't think this rate is terrible, you are used to of 0.50$ click and that is why it looks terrible to you, otherwise these rates are perfectly normal, all other cpc /cpm rate pays just around 1c click.

You were getting 0.50$ from adsense and that is one of the reason your account may have suspended, because its not easy either to earn money from adsense, even if they offer high rate they block account earning highest rate or highest amount and as I said reason or no reason, because they never provide reason to blocked accounts.

Now that is what rate you going to get from all other cpc company between 1-2c and I don't think you can keep complaining about it and you have to stick with you are happy.

There is nothing wrong in chitika's rate, so I don't find your complaint is really genuine.

Chitika is not joike, if you call it joke then all network will be joke for you, trust on me all other reliable and established network offer same rate.

aassociatehit, Jun 17, 2014 IP
  4. Chitika Support

Chitika Support Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Hi dev22, sorry to hear that you're disappointed in your earnings. We want you to make as much money as possible since we only make money when our publishers do. wrekoniz3 is correct; it takes us a few days to gather some information about your traffic quality before our system pushes you into a higher ad tier. So your patience is appreciated. Even so, if you email with your username and the URL of the site you're running ads on, we'll do our best to upgrade your site right away and see if we can't get you Gold status.

Chitika Support, Jun 17, 2014 IP
  5. aassociatehit

Best Answers:
    Well I completely agree that it takes for ad network to optimize account, though we cannot deny this fact either that Chitika has the lowest cpm/cpc rates.

If its me I won't be satisfy with your support answer because the person has just under 1000 impressions and and only 9 clicks, and I really don't get what you you will optimize with such low traffic, as per my knowledge there is no other way for the person to earn more from Chitika unless he gets rate he is looking and and I doubt Chitika can offer 0.50c cpc rate.

aassociatehit, Jun 17, 2014 IP
  6. dev22

dev22 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    update after another day:

[​IMG]

so much for those who said you need more impressions...

so much for those who said you need time to optimize...

it actually GOT EVEN WORSE! i would rather show blank space than annoy my visitors with 0.03 CPM banners...

astounding $0.004 for click, wow!

btw this site has 80% US search traffic!

just terrible...

dev22, Jun 18, 2014 IP
  7. wrekoniz3

Best Answers:
    Your sarcasm is hilarious.

First off, you do need more. You are over here complaining over a maximum potential of what? $10 per day? Which you probably weren't even hitting with AdSense.

Secondly, it does take time to optimize. Most networks do, I happen to work for one so I know. Literally posting the next day, and complaining. Really? So much for "time" and so much for "common sense".

Third, the reason why its worse... look at your CTR! Come on, if you are going to be rude and sarcastic at least know what you are talking about.

Maybe you would be better off focusing on building your site up, getting more traffic, and making it better instead of coming on here to complain about how your process of penny pinching is failing.

wrekoniz3, Jun 18, 2014 IP
  8. dev22

dev22 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    wrekoniz3 you have no idea what you are talking about.

that VERY SAME site was getting 6-7% CTR with AdSense on same ad positions and revenue around $50-$60 per day.

so please shut up and continue managing your crappy ad network as you apparently have no idea about this business and potential of AdSense...

dev22, Jun 19, 2014 IP
  9. aassociatehit

Best Answers:
    Most likely that is why you got banned in adsense, earning money online is not easy, you will realize that no network is going to give you more than 1c click at present or may be lower, you will get same rate in all network and you will be keep posting same post about other network

aassociatehit, Jun 19, 2014 IP
  10. wrekoniz3

Best Answers:
    First off, I dont manage an ad network I work for one.

and I have no idea about the potential of AdSense yet the company I work for is a Tier 1 Google AdX Partner and I manage client publisher accounts which utilize it and see up to $30 RPM's Yeah, you are right, no idea, but then again, I'm not the one on here complaining over not making $60 per day. $10 is a decent approximation for someone who doesn't know what they are talking about considering you said you were seeing 6% - 7% on google and your CTR on the first image you posted was about 1% ... Do some math. 1% * 6 = 6% just like $10 * 6 = $60.

Clearly you can't read either because if you look at your last posted screenshot, your CTR is 0.47% and 0.64% not exactly 6% - 7% which is what I was trying to point out, first screenshot +1% Second screenshot 0.47% and 0.64% which is about half what it was the day before, so thats why you are earning less. But since you know everything you should have known that, and if you did know that you wouldn't be complaining.

@aassociatehit I don't know if Google is known to drop people suffering from Problematic Publisher Syndrome ( symptoms include a mouth bigger than the volume, earnings, and wallet ). Probably why they provide barely any support.

wrekoniz3, Jun 19, 2014 IP
  11. WMADV WEBMEDIA

WMADV WEBMEDIA Member

Best Answers:
    According to your data, it can understood that you have mobile traffic. We recommend you to work with mobile networks of this field as REVMOB or LIFESTREET that can compete with ADSENSE. That approach can achieve better results. And about the other results, it appears that from such small quantities it is impossible to draw conclusions about profitability. You should try another CPC network similar to ADWORDS.

WMADV WEBMEDIA, Jul 3, 2014 IP
  12. Ungratified Coder

Ungratified Coder Member

Best Answers:
    The biggest joke with chitika is that they have a little banner ads. Banner ads attracts the clicker to click but not the text ad. Moreover if the traffic comes from a social network chitika pays nothing to me. :(

Ungratified Coder, Jul 3, 2014 IP
  13. enteraonews.com

enteraonews.com Active Member

Best Answers:
    Jul 10, 2014impression 4,705 clicks 4 0.09%$0.00$0.01
    Jul 9, 2014impression 5,374 clicks 6 0.11%$0.00$0.02

Here's mine, what you think about it?

enteraonews.com, Jul 11, 2014 IP
  14. pankaj tiw

pankaj tiw Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    I think you have to build traffic to your sites. I f your sites has been banned , it's also effect on your pay per click campaign.

pankaj tiw, Jul 11, 2014 IP
  15. enteraonews.com

enteraonews.com Active Member

Best Answers:
    My site is not banned. I'm making a lot more with adsense. About the traffic, I'm growing more daily. But, Yeah, I know what you mean. My goal is 100,000 unique visitor daily. I was just comparing chitika with adsense. There's no comparison. adsense is the best

enteraonews.com, Jul 11, 2014 IP
  16. pankaj tiw

pankaj tiw Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    yes, No doubt google Adsense is the best.

pankaj tiw, Jul 11, 2014 IP
  17. mozpk

mozpk Member

Best Answers:
    google adsense is best other network pay very low rates

mozpk, Jul 11, 2014 IP
  18. Ungratified Coder

Ungratified Coder Member

Best Answers:
    I think you should shift to infolinks now, they pay well. Or try for buysellads.com.

Ungratified Coder, Jul 12, 2014 IP
  19. Ungratified Coder

Ungratified Coder Member

Best Answers:
    Don
    Don't talk just like an illiterate please. If enteraonews.com is banned, then impression 5,374 must come from sky.

20. Ungratified Coder

Ungratified Coder Member

Best Answers:
    Hey buddy, I also try for contextual some days ago but when I try for it, I place the ad code on my site successfully but there is no ad at all. But why?