1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Chitika is a FRAUD or NOT

Discussion in 'Chitika' started by Friend, Dec 31, 2005.

?

Chitika is a FRAUD or NOT

1. Yes., Chitika is a Fraud

35 vote(s)
    37.2%
  2. No... Chitika is good

23 vote(s)
    24.5%
  3. I Can't Say

36 vote(s)
    38.3%
  1. Arnie

Arnie Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Yes, I replied and asked them what they see when they look at my site.

I mean its realy outrageous the way they work, really. I'm not crying because of the few bucks I lost, but it is a principal question. When they practise this thousands of times its a big rip off too.
    I just lost my referrrals.

My opinion: they are cheap Charlies and nothing ever will come out fruitful with them unless some reputable companies take over (hopefully it will go as cheap as they work)

Arnie, Jan 10, 2006 IP
  2. Arnie

Arnie Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I stand with my suspicions!!!:D

Beta? - and they can't read even English?:confused:

Arnie, Jan 10, 2006 IP
  3. Friend

Friend Peon

Best Answers:
    may be..!!!:D :D :D :D

Friend, Jan 10, 2006 IP
  4. Arnie

Arnie Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Wonder what the tax revenue department will find out

Arnie, Jan 10, 2006 IP
  5. Arnie

Arnie Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Hello xxxxx,

Upon looking into your login issue I noticed your site was in a non-English language. We do not support sites of this nature. Your application has now been denied for the service. If you have an English based website, please reapply.
    Best Regards,
    Karla
    Chitika Customer Service

Ticket Details
    Ticket ID: JXC-451783
    Department: Support
    Priority: Medium

Kind of rude!

Arnie, Jan 10, 2006 IP
  6. aeiouy

aeiouy Peon

Best Answers:
    What is rude? That you did not realize applying with a non-english site was a mistake?

aeiouy, Jan 10, 2006 IP
  7. Friend

Friend Peon

Best Answers:
    First Read this thread completely pls...;)

Friend, Jan 10, 2006 IP
  8. strivinglife

strivinglife Peon

Best Answers:
    I think the problem is, Google would deny the service outright to such a site. However, Chitika (from what I can tell after following this thread over the past while) allowed the account, and then canceled it.

I would hope that this would be an isolated incident, but, if the above is correct, I doubt it ...

strivinglife, Jan 10, 2006 IP
  9. Friend

Friend Peon

Best Answers:
    why are you people blindly support chitika...
    if you got ban like this....then you realise the truth

Friend, Jan 10, 2006 IP
  10. strivinglife

strivinglife Peon

Best Answers:
    Hey, I voted 'Can't say', because I can't say. Having worked with the people I have, and having been in the fields I've been, I can't trust anything people say :D

Anywho, since I was the only one who responded between this and your last, I've taken your comment as referring to me. I don't blindly support Chitika, and I'm very glad I didn't sign up for it. Would I go around telling people that Chitika is bad? No, but I certainly will point out what I've read to others (and this post certainly would be one of those mentioned).

Anyways, I'd like some clarification on what Arnie said, as I'd like to be sure my previous comment is applicable. Arnie, you were successfully added to the program, with the same site that 'forced' your removal from the program, right?

EDIT: And by the way, my last post was not in support of Chitika. Read it a little more carefully, especially that first paragraph.

EDIT 2, just to make sure ;)

Google / AdSense - checks the site before allowing the site into the program.

Chitika - from what it sounds like, allows sites into the program, and then checks the site.

Again, unless this is an isolated instance (and again, if what Arnie said is true, then it's probably not), Chitika has serious problems.

strivinglife, Jan 10, 2006 IP
  11. tflight

tflight Peon

Best Answers:
    I would not say that this is true. AdSense checks the site you apply with, then you are free to add the ads to any site under your control without asking AdSense to review that site.

The same goes for Chitika. You apply with one site and then once approved you can add your ads to any of your sites.

There are certainly times when people have been approved for either system with one particular site, then later added the ads to other sites they manage that wouldn't have passed the original application or break the TOS. Sometimes they get caught, sometimes they don't.

As to the context in this thread, I'm not sure what to say. It appears recently Chitika has become more selective in the applications they approve than they were in the past. Perhaps the original application was for a different URL then the site that was ultimately rejected. Perhaps the content of the site changed from the time the application was sent and when it was reviewed again.

Perhaps Chitika just made a mistake when approving it the first time, or maybe they simply made a mistake in banning the site when they reviewed it again. I've made mistakes before too.

tflight, Jan 10, 2006 IP
  12. Arnie

Arnie Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    The fact that they just twist the truth, - that is rude
    My site was and is always and only in English since the beginning.

Arnie, Jan 10, 2006 IP
  13. RectangleMan

RectangleMan Notable Member

Best Answers:
    I have not joined yet but I would think that any NEW system would require a good fraud click algorithm and while we are used to Google and it's quick turnaround I doubt this company is setup the exact same. They may be writing new algos as time goes and trying to modify their code to catch the fraudsters. As for how many adsense banned people have joined Chitika..I would guess a WHOLE LOT which means they might be trying the same scam on them too creating more problems. I am sure they have a ton of legit accounts. Chitika must make sure they can charge the advertisers and survive an audit. If they are charging their advertisers for fraud clicks they won't be around long. Either way I don't feel like being the test subject for a new upstart and when the wrinkles are ironed out I will join gladly.

RectangleMan, Jan 11, 2006 IP
  14. amitpatel_3001

amitpatel_3001 Results Follow Patience

Best Answers:
    What you Said is True Labrocca.
    Chitika also had a Huge Hike in number of publishers so they are getting late.
    If you are joining Chitika now - All the Best - Good Luck :D:D

amitpatel_3001, Jan 11, 2006 IP
  15. Friend

Friend Peon

Best Answers:
    This may happend after 2 months...
    [​IMG] Amit asks... : What happend labrocca ???!!!
    [​IMG]labrocca says : Yes amit..! This shit happends to me!!! :( :(

Friend, Jan 11, 2006 IP
  16. strivinglife

strivinglife Peon

Best Answers:
    Point - I forgot about that, even though I've got ads on DP ... :D

However, I was assuming it was the same site, and Arnie's next comment suggests that it is.

strivinglife, Jan 11, 2006 IP
  17. aeiouy

aeiouy Peon

Best Answers:
    Yeah well google also does not limit the ads to England, US, and Australia. I think that alone would be a tip-off that non-english sites might be a problem.

I am not sure why people get all bent out of shape for not doing their own due diligence. It is always someone else's fault, even if paying attention would have saved you the trouble to start with.

It is always easier to blame someone else than take responsibility for your own laziness.

aeiouy, Jan 12, 2006 IP
  18. strivinglife

strivinglife Peon

Best Answers:
    Ouch. Harsh. :D

But at the risk of getting another negative reputation point for possibly saying something pro-Chitika in this thread, ;), I would tend to agree with you, aeiouy.

Whether this is such a case, I'm not quite as willing to say. Since we're effectively talking about this specific case now, instead of all cases in general, I suppose I should know, but I don't ...

strivinglife, Jan 12, 2006 IP
  19. rock831983

rock831983 Peon

Best Answers:
    See i posted the similar aspects of chitika in other thread also..they are trying to show more revenue which they dont have the capacity to pay..just think howcum they pay as much as google or yahoo..but they show unaudited just to make blah blah of them..last month they thrashed my 70% revenue as unaudited..it never happened to me with google and revenue pilot..they show in the begining what i am getting..they are all clear but chitika keeps its options open with this audited and non audited revenue..and still they have not audited november revenue..what a crap system..imagine u make 200$ with revenuepilot or searchfeed..if they applied the same formula like chitika ur revenue will look like 600$ and we all ud go ga ga overthem

rock831983, Jan 12, 2006 IP
  20. Skribblez

Skribblez Notable Member

Best Answers:
    I take back what I said about Chitika! :) I got paid just today..

I guess I'll be putting those chitika ads back up again hehe ;)

Skribblez, Jan 12, 2006 IP