1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Chitika faces criticism from publishers

Discussion in 'Chitika' started by Nasruddin, Jan 3, 2006.

1. Elearn-uni

Elearn-uni Peon

Best Answers:
    Doesn't look like they're really in it for the long term.

Their game plan is too fussy and they should accept support from a wider group.

I think they have also missed the trick that website owners are often dynamically changing sites in order to capitalise on revenue platforms. In other-words If they accepted more diversity, they would find folk adjusting to make their ads work!!!

Take a longer term view Chitika, if you're looking for overnight internet gazillions to satisfy your investors, perhaps you're in the wrong business.. The big boys embrace 'the long tail' and trust individual innovation, marketing and time!

Elearn-uni, Feb 17, 2006 IP
  2. cdl512

cdl512 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Elearn- I think you have it all wrong. Yes they might have gone to far to the advertisers side but they are the ones giving them money. As with anything that is in or just out of beta there are going to be some bugs. I am seeing better results from them than adsense in the technology market. How? I have 307 clicks on adsense and made just over $100- since Dec. 1. since Jan. 1 with chitika I have 204 clicks and $.02 less earnings. Sure I might see 10 to 15% disapear in audit but there is a cost of doing business and above all else we as advertisers have to remember we in effect work for the companies placing the adds. If chitika can not audit in real time as fast as google can right now so be it. The advantages I am seeing with the # of ads on a page, and ad features make chitika my favorite so far. I have just applied with azoogleads, we will see what happens with them.

cdl512, Feb 19, 2006 IP
  3. Riboflavin

Riboflavin Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I have been a Chitika publisher for months now and I don't see why people complain. I have never had any problems, there staff are very friendly, and I have been payed 3 times.

People complain about:

1. Banning for no reason. (Ever seen the adsense board?)
    2. Unfair Audits (I still make more than other programs post-audit)
    3. just about anything they can

--

I just don't see where they became the bad guy. I think the same people banned from adsense for 'no reason' were banned from chitika for no reason. Keep in mind not all sites are made for chitika, and it shouldn't really replace adsense, rather accompany it. I think once some of the larger forum posters kind of shot it down as another new system, a lot of people jumped on the bandwagon.

We have to remember its still in beta, I think chitika will shine in the future.

Riboflavin, Feb 27, 2006 IP
    tflight likes this.
  4. Friend

Friend Peon

Best Answers:
    :D Joke of the Year.
    Well.. Riboflavin... I like your humour sense...

Friend, Feb 28, 2006 IP
  5. Riboflavin

Riboflavin Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Thanks, I guess.

Riboflavin, Feb 28, 2006 IP