1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Chitika eMiniMalls - How much do you make?

Discussion in 'Chitika' started by ethanwa, Oct 25, 2005.

1. izahan

izahan Peon

Best Answers:
    I agree faffo! I see the same increase as well :D

izahan, Nov 8, 2005 IP
  2. kniveswood

kniveswood Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Sounds good.

Now maybe we can discuss which default tab works better. If you look at the 468x60 format that you guys are using, unlike larger ad formats, with the Best Deals tab shown there is no description of the product at all. I believe that's not very good for those odd products that has no pictures.

Would the Product tab which has a descriptive text link work better? Or the Description tab which has a nice "Read More" link? Sure looks like one of those typical blog "read more" links.

Something we might want to consider exploring. :D

kniveswood, Nov 8, 2005 IP
  3. izahan

izahan Peon

Best Answers:
    The 'Best Deals' tab is working good for me right now. The only thing is that I have to make sure that I get the proper product so i have to tweak the post title sometimes. The ones with no picture seems to be new deals coming up in chitika - I can live with it for now.

I would love to get the 'Read More' tabs more often but there doesn't seem to be any for toys. You can get some on expensive products - I am looking to see which ones produce 'Read More' tabs and see if it is worth to build sites around them.

One thing about the 'Read More' tab that is if you do figure out which products have them, it is still best to write your own description/review first and use 'Read More' as a complement so that people don't think that they are being suckered into a ad-only site. After all, returning traffic is good for business.

izahan, Nov 9, 2005 IP
  4. kniveswood

kniveswood Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    What I meant was the Description tab, which has a "Read More" link. From your World of Toys blog, I see every toy has that tab.

kniveswood, Nov 9, 2005 IP
  5. izahan

izahan Peon

Best Answers:

Ah ha! I didn't notice that! I know just how experiment with it though... thanks kniveswood!

izahan, Nov 9, 2005 IP
  6. MySchizoBuddy

MySchizoBuddy Peon

Best Answers:
    what do u mean leisure browsing sites

what about a site about lingeries. Chitika has a huge colelction of them for me to use. do u think chitika works.

I was talking to the owner of Lingerie dreams and she said she makes 5 times more with adsense than she does with chitika

MySchizoBuddy, Nov 9, 2005 IP
  7. blinxdk

blinxdk Peon

Best Answers:

The easy way to find out is to sign up and test it, as it can run together with adsense, it's pretty much no risk at all.

blinxdk, Nov 9, 2005 IP
  8. izahan

izahan Peon

Best Answers:
    short update: the ads embedded in the posts are the main revenue makers for me. I guess it just makes more sense for visitors when they want to follow up.

izahan, Nov 11, 2005 IP