1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Chitika doing Fraud...

Discussion in 'Chitika' started by DieChitikaDie™, Feb 1, 2006.

1. sunchy

sunchy Active Member

Best Answers:
    I must agree with that :rolleyes:

sunchy, Feb 4, 2006 IP
  2. oziii

oziii Peon

Best Answers:
    Once again - I'm sorry your experience with them was not good. I don't know the details of why they banned you so can't comment on that - but to me it just wouldn't make sense that they would ban people just so they could get the money when they are paying out other publisher so much more.

Chitika are in business for the long term - they are developing a product and adding features so they are not about to run off with people's money. I think the accusation that they are banning people to get their money is so stupid - it's just crazy business sense. Instead of running off with your $1000 they'd make much more off a legit publisher over the long term by sticking with them. In fact, that they are banning publishers is a signal to me that they are trying to build a system that is sustainable because they don't want to be ripping off their advertisers.

You talk about how Adsense paid you but Chitika didn't - all I'd say about that is that Adsense and Chitika have different rules about what is and isn't allowed and that Adsense have many many more sites to monitor than Chitika.

with regard to your referrals - that's a valid point - I don't know why they wouldn't pay you that except that I suspect that if THEY think you are doing something wrong then they are not going to want to pay you.

Your point that a criminal gets a chance to put his point is true - however Chitika and all of the other ad agencies have in their TOS this:

'Chitika may at any time, in its sole discretion terminate this Agreement, or suspend or terminate the participation of any Site under this Agreement for any reason whatsoever. '

I'm afraid when we all signed up and agreed to their TOS that we agreed with this and when it happens need to accept that it's the system we bought into.

I'm suspecting there is nothing that can be done about it and I suggest it might be time to move on and find an ad system that fits better for you.

oziii, Feb 5, 2006 IP
  3. DieChitikaDie™

DieChitikaDie™ Peon

Best Answers:
    That maybe RIGHT but eating small publishers money is easy and they can get away with it easily. If they suck ur money you have a powerfull medium to hurt them hard.

That is 100% Right, But what about the legitimate earnings of mine, what about the Adwords Money I invested to Chitika referals and what about the Adsense Revenue I lost due to Chitika. They should not rippoff their Advertiser but SHOULD THEY RIPPOFF THEIR PUBLISHERS.

Ok, that is WHAT I AM ASKING FOR ? Chitika TELL ME WHAT TOS I VIOLATED WHICH ATTRACTED A SUSPENSION? I own a small site related to my own software downloads, and nothing is in there that can be considered as against TOS, All the software's are listed on major download sites like Download.Com and TuCows.com (and both sites are my biggest source of traffic).

What can be wrong in REFERALS, And not 1,2 or 3 but Nine. BTW can you suggest me what can I do wrong in referals ?

OK fine that's what they did "Suspended for any reason whatsoever" and NOBODY can challenage it coz of it, But what I am saying is also a truth and I wanted to ALERT other publishers about it. FAIR ENOUGH.

Yes, I am using other Ad-Networks with Adsense and getting good results with it (but NOT as good as I did with Chitika :-( ) , But I can't move on and let them GO, I can't let them call me CHEATER/FRAUD coz I know I am 100% RIGHT AND HONEST and they are 100% WRONG.

'oziii' One more thing, Please try to understand this , If they are paying many publishers like you does not mean they are FAIR with ALL, I can very well understand that their could be many reasons for my SUSPENSION but NOT FRAUD/CHEATING OR ANY TOS VIOLATION, It could be that my traffic was not converting for their Advertiser but again NOT A TOS Violation OR FRAUD.

What can you call this that I was able to login to my account UNTILL my Ticket got attented for two days after receiving the suspension Email, and IF I HAD VIOLATED ANY THING WHY NOT JUST ANSWER MY SUPPORT TICKETS/EMAILS AND TELL ME WHAT I VIOLATED OR DID WRONG AND END THE MATTER. WHY?

They are a LEGIT company for you because you are getting PAID by them but They are a FRAUD for me coz I am being cheated.

DieChitikaDie™, Feb 9, 2006 IP
  4. wentworth

wentworth Guest

Best Answers:
    DCD,

Get over it. Chitika is not going to spell out exactly all their cards. If they did cheaters would know each time what not to do and how to better cheat.

I just started Chitika and my earnings are adding up and I expect to get paid. They seem like a great company. As a matter of fact, the referrals money is amazing. They are paying 10% of what your referrs are making!!

I would advise people to sign up for Chitika. Click the link is my sig! :)

wentworth, Feb 9, 2006 IP
  5. gregmondro

gregmondro Peon

Best Answers:
    I've been paid no problem. Chitika responces to questions are always fast and helpful.

Their thing is in BETA. If you're using it consider yourself a beta tester and suck it up like a beta tester should.

I posted the very same comment on that page, lets see if it gets deleted because it isn't supportive of their 'campaign.'

gregmondro, Feb 9, 2006 IP
  6. wentworth

wentworth Guest

Best Answers:
    who deleted it?

wentworth, Feb 9, 2006 IP
  7. devise7

devise7 Peon

Best Answers:
    come on now.. if you were banned from an ad network you know what you did. and if you dont? well, then you've got some homework to do. co's like google and chitika have to protect their network from fraudsters.. if they didnt then what kind of co's would they be?? not good ones.

devise7, Jul 14, 2006 IP
  8. DieChitikaDie™

DieChitikaDie™ Peon

Best Answers:
    Buddy!!! that's what I am saying I am no fraudster, I am with Adsense from the begining and still earning with them, I am very much sure Adsense is a BETTER QUALITY network then Chitika and has better fraud prevention system in place, I would have not stressed this too hard $1700 doesen't matter for me as Chitika was just a side-income source for my site, I am currently using Kontera from last 6-7 months without any problem.

DieChitikaDie™, Jul 22, 2006 IP
  9. adfunk

adfunk Peon

Best Answers:
    arghh wentworth shut up ozii is just one of investor on chitika and he's afraid chitika gone bankrupt, wentworth NO U SHUT UP, IHATEFLAMER

adfunk, Jul 23, 2006 IP
  10. manan121

manan121 Banned

Best Answers:
    I simply hate chitika!

manan121, Jul 24, 2006 IP
  11. aeiouy

aeiouy Peon

Best Answers:
    I find a very common thread in all the posts that flame Chitika.

aeiouy, Jul 24, 2006 IP
  12. kayanush

kayanush Guest

Best Answers:
    well untill and unless the merchant makes money.. you sure will not...

kayanush, Jul 28, 2006 IP
  13. oziii

oziii Peon

Best Answers:
    I'm no investor in Chitika. I'm just one of many publishers making good money with them and trying to balance the flaming that goes on about them from a vocal minority.

oziii, Jul 29, 2006 IP
  14. venturefox

venturefox Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Unfortunately because they are in big business they dont have time to answer every complaint and you joined under their T&C which states they can terminate you at any time without warning - Like most companies (adsense included). This doesnt mean its fair and they are essentially stealing money but thats the way of the web these days.

venturefox, Jul 29, 2006 IP
  15. sixty6

sixty6 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Such a shame, I just signed up with them and am getting around $0.10 a click, maybe they won't ban small publishers?

sixty6, Aug 15, 2006 IP
  16. digitalhaven

digitalhaven Peon

Best Answers:
    Sounds like earning money from content websites is a waste of time with Chikita or google. I would forget about it personally but thats just me.

digitalhaven, Aug 19, 2006 IP
  17. sixty6

sixty6 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    That's not true, you can definitely can make a good earning with Chitika if your site is on shopping.

All you need to do is work on integration and building up landing pages in my opinon....

AdSense banned me, but I guess they do have the best contextual adverts!

sixty6, Aug 22, 2006 IP
  18. GonG

GonG Guest

Best Answers:
    Funny how most of these people attacking Chitika have crappy sites with no useful or original content and have often been found out by Google and are looking for the next system to swindle. These same people are always looking at ways to cheat the cpc system and deserve nothing because they offer nothing.

GonG, Aug 23, 2006 IP
  19. Gareth_Boyd

Gareth_Boyd Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    CHitika is the future people. Its class!

Gareth_Boyd, Sep 2, 2006 IP
  20. lordlisa

lordlisa Peon

Best Answers:
    I was a fan of Chitika before, i was earning around $20-$30 avg per day & they got me kicked on the day just before the payment :(

thts a bad luck for me where i was waiting to get around $600 that month from them

lordlisa, Sep 8, 2006 IP