1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Chitika announces Design Changes, 10% Bonus and Coming features.

Discussion in 'Chitika' started by oziii, Nov 15, 2005.

1. soul-healer

soul-healer Peon

Best Answers:
    Chitika isnt like adsense .. You have to do extra effort to get most out of it.

But my CTR improved as soon as i merge the background with my site layout.

Hope this might help to have some extra bucks.

soul-healer, Nov 17, 2005 IP
  2. kid buu

kid buu Peon

Best Answers:
    I already made those kind of optimizations, it's just that this change... well... changed it all :)

kid buu, Nov 17, 2005 IP
  3. soul-healer

soul-healer Peon

Best Answers:
    I didnt get what you trying to explain ... English is not my primary language sorry

4. kid buu

kid buu Peon

Best Answers:
    What I'm saying is - I already made all kinds of optimizations to get the best out of Chitika (boosting CTR).

kid buu, Nov 17, 2005 IP
  5. soul-healer

soul-healer Peon

Best Answers:
    Thanks for the explaination :)

6. Ratbert

Ratbert Member

Best Answers:
    Remove the ch_color_title line.

Ratbert, Nov 17, 2005 IP
    soul-healer likes this.
  7. oziii

oziii Peon

Best Answers:
    There's no way I'll be dropping them any time soon. As someone above mentioned - I did take them off my front page - mainly because in the position I had them they were not converting - I moved them onto individual posts where they are converting much better.

I too took a hit with my CTR - I noticed on those pages where I'd been smarter with my placement and keyword targetting that the decrease was less than those pages I hadn't optimized as much though.

I don't see the sense in removing them completely in favor of another system - even if they were earning very low numbers they would be earning something and there is nothing to stop any of us using them on the same page as other ads. For me they work really well in conjunction with Adsense.

I put together a post with some tips for boosting Chitika CTR which might help some people regain some of their losses over the last few days.

Hope it helps someone.

oziii, Nov 17, 2005 IP
  8. victorcheng

victorcheng Peon

Best Answers:
    I lost a bit too but some money is better than none in my opinion. They still earn me as much as Adsense. and I won't delete them unless I find some amazing alternative.

victorcheng, Nov 17, 2005 IP
  9. izahan

izahan Peon

Best Answers:
    Chitika is generating more than 75% of my site income right now so I won't be dropping it anytime soon.

The changes made by Chitika didn't seem to affect me at all so I'm guessing all that time I spent optimizing my chitika ads paid off :)

No magic behind what I did... oziii covered most of the optimization in his blog post mentioned above.

One thing that I do know is that if you are really good at pre-selling, then chitika ads will pay-off handsomely - as in high conversions - CPC is a different story. You can imagine what you get if you knew the ins and outs of chitika's CPC...

Since chitika is still in beta, I am expecting more tweaks coming our way - there is one now as we speak - so everyone will have to be on their toes because each tweak moves the optimization window in another direction.

Go read oziii's blog about the chitika tip, it will put you on good footing from the get go.

izahan, Nov 17, 2005 IP
  10. victorcheng

victorcheng Peon

Best Answers:
    great post izahan. Nice to see some people with some good stories after what has been a bit of a gloomy couple of days in this forum.

victorcheng, Nov 17, 2005 IP
  11. gamehouse

gamehouse Guest

Best Answers:
    Well, after reading all the posts, I thought I would mention something.
    What Chitika did, like making the product unclickable, may make sense in a way. I will keep chitika on my sites for sure.

But let us think about it. It is about to reduce curiosity clicks. Now, for the products Chitika advertising, the very first step would be curiocity of course. No buyer would click on an ad and buy right away. Rather the visitor may spend some time on the advertiser's site and think about it and come back and buy later. It is like, say you saw an ad on TV. Would you go right away and buy it, I dont think so. You may have to see the ad again and again or need little more pursation to buy it.

So a click on the ad today might convert tomorrow either directly or indirectly.

Today, they changed the ads a bit. They swapped the positions of the product title and store title, and it makes more sense.

Well, thats my opinion, I hope I made it clear.

gamehouse

gamehouse, Nov 17, 2005 IP
  12. usedmac

usedmac Peon

Best Answers:
    The design has changed again on the ads. The clickable region of the ads on my site is now the top of the ads. I think this may help with the CTR a bit.

usedmac, Nov 17, 2005 IP
  13. bizpro

bizpro Peon

Best Answers:
    Care to expound on that? I didn't quite get what you mean. :rolleyes:

bizpro, Nov 18, 2005 IP
  14. izahan

izahan Peon

Best Answers:
    I was just saying that if you figure out which keywords give high payouts - coupled with good pre-selling - you'd be making a nice sum via chitika.

izahan, Nov 18, 2005 IP
  15. bizpro

bizpro Peon

Best Answers:
    Ok, I get it now. Actually, that's really very good advice. ;)

bizpro, Nov 19, 2005 IP