1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Chitika Affiliates earn 10%, still a ground floor opportunity

Discussion in 'Chitika' started by TheHoff, Oct 26, 2005.

The Chitika referral program is brand new... still only a few weeks old. Imagine if someone introduced you to Adsense when it was a few weeks old and gave you an affiliate program to use to sign people up with. That is where I see Chitika right now. The eMiniMalls program is young but is catching on like wildfire being spread through the blogging community-- the great majority are increasing their earnings with Chitika either instead of or alongside Adsense.

I've been talking this over with Compar and we're getting in early on this.. I've now opened up 2 websites to recruit affiliates. The first affiliate recruiter, Darren from ProBlogger, recently said he has 700 affiliates under him already. That is 700 people making money with Chitika and he gets a 10% cut of Chitika's portion. SWEET.

Below is my affiliate link; I'd appreciate it if you signed up with it, but if not, that is fine. You don't lose anything by using it:

http://www.chitika.com/mm_overview.php

Once you sign up, you can begin to recruit affiliates or try the advertisements on your own site.

TheHoff, Oct 26, 2005 IP
    compar and spdude like this.
  2. compar

compar Peon

Best Answers:
    As the Mechanic says we are both jumping on this bandwagon early. I've already put the Chitika ads on two pages in my InfoPool. Here are the links if you want to see how I've done it.

http://www.compar.com/infopool/articles/news2vs10.html
    and
    http://www.compar.com/infopool/articles/news1vs3.html

BTW I put the link on the Digital Camera page two days ago and earned $2.00 on that page alone on the first day. That's a hell of a lot more than I've ever earned from a single page in a day with AdSense.

I have also just put up a banner and a link to the referral plan on this page. http://www.compar.com/infopool/Business&Finance/

If you'd like to sign up to use Chitika feel free to join from the link on vBMechanic's site or if you like what I've done then join using the link from my site.

compar, Oct 26, 2005 IP
    TheHoff likes this.
  3. solution2u

solution2u Peon

Best Answers:
    I have to agree with vbMechanic and compar. For some website, Chitika eminimall works better than Adsense. So, why not give it a try? Put both type of advertisements into your website and enjoy the increment of your revenue!

solution2u, Oct 26, 2005 IP
  4. SamOwen

SamOwen Peon

Best Answers:
    700 referrals! Egad!

<!-- begin shameless plug -->
    If anyone wants to join using my affiliate link, check out my sig. I would really appreciate it as well.
    <!-- end shameless plug -->

SamOwen, Oct 26, 2005 IP
  5. jazzylee77

jazzylee77 Peon

Best Answers:
    jazzylee77, Oct 26, 2005 IP
  6. oziii

oziii Peon

Best Answers:
    it's a great program isn't it!

In terms of my '700' referrals....

don't believe everything you read on the internet :)

oziii, Oct 26, 2005 IP
  7. TheHoff

TheHoff Peon

Best Answers:
    Ah, sorry if I misquoted you with blog-gossip!

TheHoff, Oct 26, 2005 IP
  8. solution2u

solution2u Peon

Best Answers:
    Just knew that oziii is Darren. :) Your site, problogger.net really helps me a lot.

9. tweetylover8402

tweetylover8402 Peon

Best Answers:
    Would that be against any G or Chitika TOS? :eek:

tweetylover8402, Oct 26, 2005 IP
  10. solution2u

solution2u Peon

Best Answers:
    You just need to set the chitika eminimall become non contextual. The default code generated by the chitika website itself is non-contextual already. So far, I am satisfied with the payout.

11. Merkersarl

Merkersarl Peon

Best Answers:
    Guys, I'm not working with vBMechanic or compar but do have a competing site that links to vBMechanic's site.

Problogger may not have 700 signups but I wouldn't be surprised if it's not far off :). It's unlikely that all of them are "active" and, even among the active ones, it may not be the case that they are generating a lot of revenue. 10% of $2.00 is, after all, only $0.20. And, that's not a million dollars even when you multiply it by 30.

I've got a lot of sign-ups now what with posting here, my advertising in Adwords and the $2,000 odd I've spent advertising at various other webmaster locations. I can tell you this: it takes a lot of visitors before one signs up under your referral. And it takes a lot of referrals before one that makes any serious money.

Am I trying to talk you out of joining the party? No! In fact, it's no fun without competition. But, let's be honest, posting it in your signature is not likely to get you very far. Perhaps someone who's just had the Chitika link in their signature for the last month can tell us whether that's been successful in signing people up. To get people to sign up you need to offer a service. Some info like vBMechanic and I have done. Or something unique (and I'll even link to you like I did to vBMechanic). There's big money to be made by getting in early but it's unlikely you'll do it the lazy way, it'll probably take some work ;), sorry.

oziii got a major headstart. Way to go, mate!

Merkersarl, Oct 27, 2005 IP
  12. compar

compar Peon

Best Answers:
    compar, Oct 27, 2005 IP
  13. largeheartedboy

largeheartedboy Peon

Best Answers:
    I've gotten a couple of friends to join, and am making a couple of dollars a day through referrals at Chitika. Great ad program, great referral program, I have nothing but good things to say about them.

largeheartedboy, Oct 27, 2005 IP
  14. blinxdk

blinxdk Peon

Best Answers:
    So.. anyone of you care to share some tips on what products seem to make the most for you? I'm still hoping for some near real-time ads soon so I can track the payout for each product. It's totally impossible now with several hundred clicks per day.

blinxdk, Oct 27, 2005 IP
  15. compar

compar Peon

Best Answers:
    Have any of you noticed that if you have several keywords in the "var ch_queries = new Array("keyword1", "keyword2", "keyword3", "keyword4");" line that when you refresh the page ads for other products will be shown in the middle of the rotation of the keyword ads listed?????

compar, Oct 30, 2005 IP
  16. jazzylee77

jazzylee77 Peon

Best Answers:
    Thats a difficult sentence to unpack! :)

You're saying that?
    • if you have bats, gloves, and baseballs as keywords
    • you first see ads for bats, gloves, or baseballs
    • Then when refreshing you sometimes see ads unrelated to the keywords?

I haven't seen this, but I haven't been messing with it very much.

jazzylee77, Oct 30, 2005 IP
  17. compar

compar Peon

Best Answers:
    It couldn't have been that difficult :) You got it.

But thank you for parsing my sentence. Specifically I have an ad on an article about animals and I have 4 animal related keywords in the "array". When I refresh the page several time I'll suddenly see an ad for digital cameras or the iPod interspersed with my "animal" ads.

compar, Oct 30, 2005 IP
  18. jazzylee77

jazzylee77 Peon

Best Answers:
    SO I guess the question for chitika is how and why?

• Do keywords only partly control the results?
    • Or do advertisers bid on non-relevant keywords?
    • Or is there an error that defaults to popular ads?
    • Does this only occur on refresh?
    • If so is this good or bad? Is there research showing randomized ad themes after refresh increase clickthrough?
    • Is it random when different than keywords or is it contextual...adsense paranoids lookout!!!

19. blinxdk

blinxdk Peon

Best Answers:
    The unrelated add thingy happens to me if I select a keyword that chitika doesn't have any products for. So I guess you should test all your keywords at chitika.com and see if one of them returns nothing.

blinxdk, Oct 30, 2005 IP
  20. jazzylee77

jazzylee77 Peon

Best Answers:
    Testing! We aint got time for no stinking testing!

OK, that seems to be more likely what it is. :)