1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Chitika; action when called directly in UK not as expected!

Discussion in 'Chitika' started by jhwalton, Jun 18, 2009.

Hi, I have just today started evaluating Chitika. My site is UK based, with most traffic from UK, but useful traffic from North America. I installed the code today (11:30 BST), and believe that I selected "do not display" for non-search traffic.

However, when I view my site directly myself, I see adverts that are non-contextual (obviously no referrer keywords!). The adverts appear to be generic but UK targeted - they typically include "John Lewis Tablecloth" (John Lewis is a UK store), and Opodo (a UK flight search agency). This does not occur always, but a lot of the time. My ISP is British Telecom, so much much identifiable as UK based.

I would expect never to see any Chitika ads, as I am:

1) UK based.

2) I am not coming to the site via a search engine!

Can someone from Chitika please explain?

The page in question is here:

http://www.danceweb.co.uk/

Thank You,
    John

jhwalton, Jun 18, 2009 IP
  2. ChitikaDan

ChitikaDan Peon

Best Answers:
    Hi John,

I went and checked out your site, but didn't get any Chitika ads displaying (went directly, no search). It's possible that you got a Chitika cookie on your machine - if you tested out Chitika by using search to find your site, you may have a Chitika cookie that stored what your search query was, and is re-displaying ads based on that. I'll check with our techies as well, but that would be my assumption.

Cheers,

Dan Ruby
    Chitika Director of Marketing

ChitikaDan, Jun 24, 2009 IP