1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Chinese Internet Filters

Discussion in 'Security' started by ohforgetmenot, Jan 5, 2007.

Hi,

Does anyone know how to bypass Chinese internet filters? They seem to filter a lot of the western web sites in China, sites like hotmail, gmail and etc seem to be filtered more then sites such as sohu.com, 163.com and qq.com
    I do not think proxies work well either, any suggestions?

Thanks

ohforgetmenot, Jan 5, 2007 IP
  2. eXe

eXe Notable Member

Best Answers:
    eXe, Jan 5, 2007 IP
  3. hans

hans Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    using european hosting in general may reduce lots of filters by many countries ( there are some 40 countries filtering www content according the a recent TV show on a major channel - hence far more than just china )

after my recent move from 9 yrs of US hosting to EU hosting - I experienced an instant 30% increase of generîc traffic coming from all over the planet - apparently bipassing all previous active filters.

china filters however have 2 sides
    currently I also experience china as being by very FAR the greatest source of spam and other illegal or destructive www-activities and i do filter many chinese networks using iptables !

hans, Jan 6, 2007 IP
  4. forumrating

forumrating Notable Member

Best Answers:
    loads of spammers from 163 , they have spammed my board several times, i just hate it,

forumrating, Jan 6, 2007 IP