1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Chinese Hijacking Theft 175,000 pages on Google

Discussion in 'Websites' started by 1001, Mar 6, 2005.

1. lauraparis22

lauraparis22 Guest

Best Answers:
    But they steal it by taking slots in the rankings, and they steal it if they rank higher than me on my important search terms. And they steal it when people see the name of my site in the title and go there instead of to my site and bookmark it, and on and on and on....

lauraparis22, Mar 28, 2005 IP
  2. flyered

flyered Peon

Best Answers:
    flyered, Mar 28, 2005 IP
  3. flyered

flyered Peon

Best Answers:
    They have no ethics issues from my dealings, it's just that people are not used to people being able to straight-up jack Google rankings.

If I didn't know what I know from SEO boards, I would probably dismiss someone's complaints about 'magical google hijacking' as a nutball competitor trying to pooch my affiliate and leave it at that.

flyered, Mar 28, 2005 IP
  4. Christopher

Christopher Peon

Best Answers:
    Ok, here is what I don't understand:

Hijacker redirects to Victim.

The victim site has a bunch of well anchored backlinks, the hijacker site has none.

Won't google continue to rank the victims url much higer than the hijackers because of the backlinks?

Christopher, Mar 28, 2005 IP
  5. 1001

1001 Peon

Best Answers:
    There will be a duplicate content penalty so Goo will have to decide which site has more "juice" and that will be the site that gets listed higher.

In the case of the China Hijack site they 350,000 plus pages indexed, so you can imagine what their PageRank must have been... how do you compete with that?

1001, Mar 28, 2005 IP
  6. anthonycea

anthonycea Banned

Best Answers:
    It is real simple, if you know the URL of the guy doing this Post it here over and over and send it to Google over and over until he is banned from the index. :eek:

Real Simple, do your part to put pressure on Google and they will do their job :cool:

anthonycea, Mar 28, 2005 IP
  7. lauraparis22

lauraparis22 Guest

Best Answers:
    Hi flyered: regarding the ethics issue, my friend in france just informed me it's Easter Monday there, a holiday, so no one has been in to respond. I spoke too soon and I apologize.

Thanks for the article, they are actually describing ANOTHER form of 302 redirects which are a heck of a lot easier to do, I can do those! I did one by accident once and was horrified to find the person's site in google listed with my URL - that's how I learned about that "trick." (talk about feeling unethical!)

Tonight I talked to someone who said an article in a new Dutch magazine talked about my experience and said that these people have some DNS access that I wouldn't have as a lowly server administrator.... he THINKS they were talking about what happened to me.... where instead of a link to my real site or a normal 302 redirect, this site had a link to a URL at his domain (a sub-domain) that included my domain name but was within HIS domain but that somehow pointed to the content from my server - I can't do that with simple 302s. Can you? I can hardly EXPLAIN it :)

And I DID write google yesterday. I got a response tonight. They said I had to File a Legal complaint -they recommended getting a lawyer. But lo and behold suddenly we can't find this hijacker listed any more when you search for the name of my site, so I think, in fact, they did DEMOTE him or something. haven't checked yet for the existence of his site... ringtones . ag

The other site in China, incidentally, is j8m . net . He's sent me those cryptic instructions I think peon posted above to remove my domain and I can't get them to work to save my life. But that is another excellent example of what is going on here, it's not a simple 302 in these cases.

Oh! And flyered! Talked to another affiliate program director tonight, his company is both Europe- and US-based, just told him the story about the hijacking and he immediately wrote: please send me the domain and IP and we will be sure to prohibit his participation in our program. They, incidentally, compete with MediaPlazza indirectly :))

So, ethical program directors don't dismiss these kinds of complaints. At least that's been my experience. I get your point though, MP is big...

8. lauraparis22

lauraparis22 Guest

Best Answers:
    This doesn't work. j8m . net - a part of 1bu apparently - sent me these same instructions but it doesn't work. It works for 1 minute! Then my site is back!

We should NOT have to do this. We should not be forced to take action to protect our sites, newAccount. What 1bu.com is doing is wrong. They are stealing people's time, people's money, people's energy - this is simply not correct at all.

Good parents teach their children: don't touch things that don't belong to you. That's how people behave in a civilized world. They don't need laws to tell them right from wrong. They don't wait for police to come to their houses and seize their computers to stop hurting other people. They JUST DON'T DO IT.

9. J.D.

J.D. Peon

Best Answers:
    There are three different mechanisms that people described in this thread:

• 1bu.com uses a proxy-like server and they create a pipe between client's browser, their proxy and the web server. Because all data is being pumped through their servers, they can modify data on the fly. For example, they can show your content and their ads, they gather can emails and passwords, etc. This kind of access can be easlily blocked at the firewall level.
    • 302 hijacking works this way: a) hijackers submit their URLs to SEs; b) SEs visit their sites and receive 302 redirects pointing to your sites; c) SEs index your sites as if they are theirs; In this scenario, hijackers have less control because client's browsers will eventually connect to your servers to get the actual data. Hijackers' website can, however, display your content in a frame and show their ads;
    • I'm not sure how hijackers would use DNS, as you descibed. They can indeed get listed in SEs, but clients' browsers will still go directly to your website, so there's no point at which hijackers could show their stuff (ads, etc). The only reason I can think of why people would do it is to try to penalize the original website for duplicate content. I would hope, though, that SEs security staff would actually look at the content and penalize indeed the impersonators.

As I said before in this thread - this particular form of impersonation should be blocked at the firewall or the web server levels. Never contact the crooks.

J.D.

J.D., Mar 28, 2005 IP
  10. 1001

1001 Peon

Best Answers:
    I reported 1bu.com and . net have been dropped from google earlier in this thread.

site:j8m.net is not listed on Google.

1001, Mar 29, 2005 IP
  11. lauraparis22

lauraparis22 Guest

Best Answers:
    Yeah I never did see j8m . net on google but it is bandwidth theft all the same.

lauraparis22, Mar 29, 2005 IP
  12. chineseMen

chineseMen Peon

Best Answers:
    Join Date is 2005 , new account , Ones that can't be believed .
    It is Chinese that pretend to be the European and Canadian, this is shameful

Why does not oneself remove, the very easy one.
    http://www.1bu.com/setfilter/set.asp
    Remove Including 1bu.com,j8m.net, 365.bz , dj15.com , wowcn.com , 77098.com ,058.org , aiwan.net , ebai.net , china0573.com ,9nl.net ,163vv.com ,......,all

This is correct, "1001" ,...., are misleading everybody

chineseMen, Mar 30, 2005 IP
  13. davedx

davedx Peon

Best Answers:
    Hello chineseMen,

Could you explain the purpose of mirroring content like that? Is it a proxy of some kind?

davedx, Mar 30, 2005 IP
  14. yfs1

yfs1 User Title Not Found

Best Answers:
    Can you explain what you are saying again? I personally wouldnt visit ANY link in the 1bu domain so there is no way I am touching the link you provided.

Who is pretending to be Canadian?

yfs1, Mar 30, 2005 IP
  15. anthonycea

anthonycea Banned

Best Answers:

This guy is crazy, like JD said do not contact these criminals at all.

Report them to Google and the other engines and continue to post your high jacked pages to the forum and complain to all the search engines and the government also if you find that your website content is being high jacked.

The government can block their IP's from the internet here in the states if enough people complain.

anthonycea, Mar 30, 2005 IP
  16. chineseMen

chineseMen Peon

Best Answers:

He whether one proxy and filter service, search engine should include them, the search engine should revise this mistake .

17. yfs1

Best Answers:
    Why do you think a search engine should list stolen pages??? Those are peoples hard work, why should they (you?) prosper from that without compensation?

yfs1, Mar 30, 2005 IP
  18. anthonycea

anthonycea Banned

Best Answers:
    This guy is insane, Shawn should log his IP and report these idiots to the FBI.

anthonycea, Mar 30, 2005 IP
  19. chineseMen

chineseMen Peon

Best Answers:
    sorry "1001" is CA.

20. yfs1

Best Answers:
    For eductional reasons its good to hear their responses. I say keep the flames at bay and get into these thieves minds.

The posts are there for Shawn to do whatever he wants. I would like to actually hear more of this reasoning. :rolleyes:

yfs1, Mar 30, 2005 IP