1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Chess thread

Discussion in 'Sports' started by agentwazakashi, Aug 26, 2010.

1. blogdotcom

blogdotcom Peon

Best Answers:
    Chess is very intteligent game and anand is the world best player of the game i like to play chees

blogdotcom, May 22, 2011 IP
  2. agentwazakashi

agentwazakashi Member

Best Answers:
  3. rauff007

rauff007 Peon

Best Answers:
    I am big fan of viswanath love to watch his matches

rauff007, May 27, 2011 IP
  4. agentwazakashi

agentwazakashi Member

Best Answers:
    agentwazakashi, Jun 4, 2011 IP
  5. agentwazakashi

agentwazakashi Member

Best Answers:
    Interesting chess games by great players.

A queen sacrifce by chess great Paul Morphy, a game that take place in 1857. The time of Morphy in history of chess is called the romantic era, chess players at the time does not have much positional ideas. Morphy is above his league in chess understanding.

http://www.chessgames.com/perl/chessgame?gid=1242884

Capalanca the chess legend has an instructive game.Later in the game Capa gets the better position cause he has a pressure against a backward c pawn and his rooks have better mobility than its counterpart.

http://www.chessgames.com/perl/chessgame?gid=1316947

Another game by Morphy. "At move 9 Black is in what's like a zugzwang position here. He can't develop the Queen's knight because the pawn is hanging, the bishop is blocked because of the Queen."--Fischer

http://www.chessgames.com/perl/chessgame?gid=1233404

After move 23 in the bishop vs knight endgame BLACK is slightly better, The reason, is due to the pawn on d4, which impedes the bishop’s mobility. Still with best play white should draw, but white made a mistake.

http://www.chessgames.com/perl/chessgame?gid=1044586

agentwazakashi, Jun 10, 2011 IP
  6. triotarigan

triotarigan Peon

Best Answers:
    My knowledge is still low on the game of chess .. :)
    Are there any sites or forums on a horse-shaped step algorithm letter L?
    algorithm will make it possible to play chess?

triotarigan, Jun 10, 2011 IP
  7. wekop

wekop Peon

Best Answers:
    I think playing chess is a sport that is very light but it needs to think with a focus for playing.

wekop, Jun 11, 2011 IP
  8. agentwazakashi

agentwazakashi Member

Best Answers:
    Queen vs Two Rooks Endgame

Here below a game of Kramnik against Leko. Later in the game they have a two rook vs Queen endgame, the position was equal until Leko made errors in the endgame. At move 44 Lékó blunders with the move Qf4. He wants to push his pawn to h6 and create mating threats, but correct was 44.hxg6 hxg6 45.Qf4 g5 46.Qf6 R8a6 47.Qd4. 45.Qf6 h6! Leko missed this move, his queen can't capture the h6 pawn cause if 46. Qxh6, then 46...R8a6 traps the queen. White's position becomes surprisingly difficult. Black gradually organises an attack on the f-pawn. Kramnik displays some inspired technique to punish White for his 44th move.

http://www.chessgames.com/perl/chessgame?gid=1306138

Kramnik lost his world champion title against Anand(current world chess champion).

agentwazakashi, Jun 17, 2011 IP
  9. enerjoia

enerjoia Peon

Best Answers:
    one of the best games

enerjoia, Jun 20, 2011 IP
  10. agentwazakashi

agentwazakashi Member

Best Answers:
    It is always fascinating to read chess stories.

How Capablanca(one of the greats) learned chess.

http://www.chesshistory.com/winter/extra/capablanca4.html

Old Chess life article by Larry Evans.

Here is one involving Larry Evans him and his friend Anthony Saidy they were playing in a San Antonio tournament in 1972 and Saidy had a winning position. Evans after staying up all night studying the lost position looking for a draw decided the adjourned position was hopeless and booked an early flight home. little did he know that Saidy would blunder on move 46 and than prolong the well known draw to a 106 moves. At move 60 when there was still time to catch the plane, Evans said "It's a book draw" "show me the book" replied Saidy. "I have a schedule to meet" "show me the schedule". With each move the draw became more obvious finally Saidy says" you know it's against the rules to talk to your opponent" "show me the rules!" said Evans after missing the plane and finally drawing the game Saidy says " you know we have played 12 games and it was the first time I was up a pawn against you, I was having to much fun". Me friends and I always when in disagreement over anything use the phrase "show me the book"

agentwazakashi, Jul 2, 2011 IP
  11. princekiller1992

princekiller1992 Peon

Best Answers:
    It is also for good for mind cox its mind Exercise ...

princekiller1992, Jul 2, 2011 IP
  12. agentwazakashi

agentwazakashi Member

Best Answers:
    Endgame Masterpiece by Tal (who says that Tal is not good at endgame).

http://www.chessgames.com/perl/chessgame?gid=1125953

After move 37 by black, it is clear black has the advantage. Black's active, good bishop attacks white's weak pawn on a4, forcing white to defend it, while white's knight is very limited in mobility because it cannot move to f3 or g2. An attempt to bring the knight to b5 doesn't work, e.g.: 38.Nc2 Bf3 39.Na3? Bd1+, winning the a pawn.

The winning plan for black consists two steps:

1. Transferrring his king to h5, forcing white to play h2-h3 (otherwise the black king will penetrate into the enemy camp).

2. Bringing his king back to f6 and repositioning his bishop on f1, attacking the pawn on h3. If white defends the pawn with h3-h4, then the black king will invade white's camp via the weakened g4-square.

agentwazakashi, Jul 9, 2011 IP
  13. agentwazakashi

agentwazakashi Member

Best Answers:
    Common Reasons Why Beginners Lose.

1) No board vision or tactical ability (can't see, prone to losing material,blunders )

2) Plays way too fast bangs the pieces down without looking at the board

3) Plays very dubious openings that are unsound all the time and breaks the principles behind good opening play

4) Doesn't play with a logical well thought out plan drifts move to move

5) Makes too many unnecessary Queen moves

6) No knowledge of the endgame or the essential ones every beginner should know

7) Doesn't know the basic checkmates or the typical mates and the correct technique to carry them out when they appear in front of him or her quickly with no guesswork

8. Grabs too many pawns indiscriminately

9) Goes on the attack before development is completed leaving his/her own King exposed to harassment and even mate

10) Makes too many pawn moves(without good reason) and creates poor pawn structure in the opening(without good reason).

11) Plays for traps or cheap gimmicks(that will leave the position at disadvantage) that anyone can see coming and refute

agentwazakashi, Jul 14, 2011 IP
  14. agentwazakashi

agentwazakashi Member

Best Answers:
    Basic Zugwang Position

[​IMG]

Zugzwang: A situation in which a player is limited to moves that cost pieces or have a damaging positional effect or A situation in a chess game in which a player is forced to make an undesirable or disadvantageous move. In the example above white has a winning position, any move by black will lose him a pawn, depends on what move black will do, white King will penetrate either on c5 or e5.

Last edited: Jul 15, 2011
    agentwazakashi, Jul 15, 2011 IP
  15. agentwazakashi

agentwazakashi Member

Best Answers:
    3 Rules of Space(every rule has an exception)

1.When you have more space it is usually a good idea to avoid exchanges.
    2.If you have less space an exchange or two will give you more room to manuever.
    3.A spatial advantage is permanent, a long term advantage. You don't have to be in a hurry to utilize it. Take your time.

[​IMG]
    Reti vs Carls Baded-Baden 1925

White to Move. If one evaluates this position properly it is easy to see that white has a space advantage. Using Space Rule number 1 we want to avoid the exchange of knights that is currently possible.

What would you play? If you chose 1. hxg5 your advantage will be neutralized as after ...hxg5 black will be able to challenge the h-file and trade off rooks, and the h-file is the only entry point into the enemy position based on the closed nature of the center.

What to do? See space Rule number 3. Take your time. Firstly using rule 1 we play 1. Nc3 to avoid the exchange and prepare the knight to hop into the hole on d5 clearly the best square for this knight that he can get to. See Minor Piece Rules number 6,7, and 8.

Then the simple and effective plan is to USE YOUR SPACE ADVANTAGE on the h-file. Black has only 2 squares he can use on that file. White triples on the h-file and black cannot challenge the h-file, then he opens the h-file after taking his time and preparing his battery there first.

Reti played 1. Nc3!, Rh8 2. Rh3! -using his space advantage on the side of the board he has to play on. 2...Rbg8 3. Rbh1, Qd8 4. Nd5! (threatening Kg3, hxg5 and Rh7+) 4...gxh4 5. Rxh4, Kf7 6. Kf2, Qf8 7. Rxh6, Rxh6 8. Rxh6, Qg7 9. Qa5! and black resigned as white threatens 10. Qc7+ and mate following.

Last edited: Aug 13, 2011
    agentwazakashi, Aug 13, 2011 IP
  16. wwe_fan9417

wwe_fan9417 Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Have you ever defeated computer??

wwe_fan9417, Aug 27, 2011 IP
  17. Paien

Paien Member

Best Answers:
    chess is best and I love to play it

Paien, Sep 5, 2011 IP
  18. rocoroc

rocoroc Peon

Best Answers:
    \
    Yes I agree with all of these quotes..Very nice thread. If anyone would like to play an online game of chess just send me a pm. I am not the best but I will give you stress

rocoroc, Sep 6, 2011 IP
  19. www.magicaldentistry.com

www.magicaldentistry.com Peon

Best Answers:
    Very nice.
    Good hard works.
    These are all best links .thanks :)

20. agentwazakashi

agentwazakashi Member

Best Answers:
    @magicldentistry - I am glad that you like it.

Here I think is one of the best chess site at teaching on how to play chess. If you are also just starting at chess and want to learn more and improve, this site will also help you.

http://www.chessdryad.com/education/magictheater/

agentwazakashi, Sep 10, 2011 IP