1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Chef Said, he will not add anything to Pizza according to my choice

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by master_mian, Aug 29, 2015.

Hi guys,
    An incident happened and I want your views on that.
    I visit a french Pizza restaurant to do my lunch, First thing I noticed was that the menu was not in readable words to choose ingredients, I pointed them to the waiter and then she told me an amazing thing that you can not alter your pizza according to your choice.
    Our Chef doesn't like to change his recipes for customers.
    I was stunned by this, I asked why is he saying like this.
    I am the one who is paying the bill, why can't I request anything to add in Pizza.
    She said you can ask to remove any ingredient but can not add nothing.

What do you guys say on this.
    Please give me your comments, Am I right to ask anything in particular when ordering Pizaa ? or I have to abide by the recipe of the CHEF.

Awaiting nice conversation on this.
    Thanks !

master_mian, Aug 29, 2015 IP
  2. jrbiz

jrbiz Acclaimed Member

Best Answers:
    I think that the restaurant is exercising its right to sell what it wants as it wants. You need to exercise your right to buy what you want as you want it. It sounds like the only way for you and the restaurant to preserve your individual rights is for you to take your business elsewhere. There should be many pizza places that will make a pizza to your satisfaction.

By the way, if you find a great pizza in your locale, consider posting a picture of it on the DP thread in my signature below. :)

jrbiz, Aug 29, 2015 IP
    master_mian likes this.
  3. master_mian

master_mian Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Yes, there were many other places to eat Pizza around, But the point I am making here is. How is it an ethical business practice to say no to your customer. I mean it could be anything which is allergic to me and I want to change it for something else.
    Isn't it a violation of consumer right ?

master_mian, Aug 29, 2015 IP
  4. jrbiz

jrbiz Acclaimed Member

Best Answers:
    No, I don't think so. Why should a restaurant have to stock food items that it does not plan to use in its standard recipes? Let's say that their pizza contains pepperoni, mushrooms, and mozzarella cheese. You ask for anchovies, artichokes, and parmesan cheese. Are they supposed to run out to the grocery store to buy those items since they do not stock them in their kitchen?

Let's look at it from another perspective: let's say you are a professional web designer and I hire you to create a website. In the midst of the project, I tell you that what I really want, after much thought, is a mobile app, which is outside of your skillset. Is it my consumer right to insist that you learn to write mobile apps or would you just tell me that you cannot do it?

jrbiz, Aug 29, 2015 IP
  5. kyescontent

kyescontent Active Member

Best Answers:
    With regards to the allergies, I think that's why they said they are happy to remove ingredients if you ask. Although, if they do not offer gluten-free crust, remember there are some customers who will never be able to eat there due to allergies.

If you're wondering though if you've done something bizarre and unreasonable asking to add ingredients, then the answer is "of course not." Most pizza places are perfectly happy to let you add toppings in my experience for like $1 extra each. Were I you I would just try a new place if you can. While this place is in its rights to turn you down, they're also free to lose your business to a pizzeria that will give you what you want.

kyescontent, Aug 29, 2015 IP
  6. jrbiz

jrbiz Acclaimed Member

Best Answers:
    By the way, OP, if you find a local pizzamaker who will make the exact pizza you desire and really like it, please post it on the DP food thread in my signature. :)

jrbiz, Aug 29, 2015 IP