1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Check out this all new DMOZ

Discussion in 'ODP / DMOZ' started by Anonymously, Jun 3, 2016.

Someone asked a few weeks ago if DMOZ is dead, well check out the all new look directory. Dead, dead we are VERY, VERY, VERY much ALIVE working! http://www.dmoz.org/

Anonymously, Jun 3, 2016 IP
  2. suwandichen13

suwandichen13 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Not dead like offline or something, maybe they meant dead is about the editors is no more updating the directory and let all listing pile up.

suwandichen13, Jun 3, 2016 IP
  3. arrisweb

arrisweb Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I like it new design. I will try again with submissions.

arrisweb, Jun 4, 2016 IP
  4. Anonymously

Anonymously Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Great we like it too, it is for DMOZ's 18th birthday!

It has often been said that AOL, who own the directory, have no concern for us and the directory was dying. Well this was a lot of work and AOL and especially the staff who work for DMOZ have done us proud.

But don't leave it at making more submissions, trying to categorise the web needs volunteers to help. Why not volunteer. Pick a category that you have some knowledge and interest in with something less than 75 sites, find two or preferably 3 new additions, write the descriptions (http://www.dmoz.org/docs/en/guidelines/describing.html), to show that you can do a guideline compliant description and be honest about your affiliations. We know that many people are associated with sites and want to list them in the directory. That is fine PROVIDED that you are honest about which sites you are affiliated with and that you treat them the same as any other and that you list competitors as well as your own.

I have been an editor for over 15 years, its a great hobby and I think helps people who want categorised topics and regional locality listings. DMOZ is not interested in if it actually helps the webmaster, I don't have a site anyway, and there is much debate on here about if it helped in the past if it helps now, I really do not know. My interest is that it is fascinating to work with the sites, work within the directory and help surfers along the way.

Why not have a go? Good luck if you do.

Anonymously, Jun 10, 2016 IP
  5. wakkawakka

wakkawakka Member

Best Answers:
    yes new design is very nice

wakkawakka, Jun 11, 2016 IP