1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Check if money is in the account before somone try to use trial

Discussion in 'PayPal' started by HerZika, Jul 19, 2017.

Hi,

I have PayPal integrated on my site. I offer one-day trial account but they need to enter PayPal details before they can use trial.
    My question is if it is possible to somehow check if a user has enough money for the subscription before we allow him to use trial?

I know that it is possible to check if there is money on account for one-time payment but if it is possible to check for subscriptions (recurring payments)?

For example, my subscription is 50$ so I do not want to allow them to have a trial if they do not have 50$ on their account.

HerZika, Jul 19, 2017 IP
  2. hiuufji

hiuufji Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    check paypal payment pro. There is option to bill on cc or debit card (no paypal fund). That is more safe but still no option to check if their cc have $50 in account.

Set up recurring payments
    • Securely add recurring payments, storing and encrypting customers' information.
    • With your customers' permission, bill their card for recurring payments without asking for their payment information again.
    • Add the Recurring Billing Service which automatically debits customers' debit or credit cards. Available for an additional fee.

hiuufji, Jul 19, 2017 IP
  3. HerZika

HerZika Peon

Best Answers:
    I am really sorry, but I don't quite understand, can you please elaborate this to me?

Thank you

HerZika, Jul 19, 2017 IP
  4. MrKing01

MrKing01 Active Member

Best Answers:
    Basically he is saying that you can upgrade your Paypal, but it will still not give you the option to know if the people who use the trial have the money in the account.

If you are too bothered to know if people have money or not in their accounts, you should remove the trial. The feeling I get about short period trials and trials where you have to give your payment details, is that the websites want you to forget about cancelling or they don't even tell you about this so they can withdraw money from your account. Why can't you do as many professional software providers on the market? Look at Adobe Photoshop for example. They offer you a trial for a certain period and then you can purchase it if you're interested. They don't take your payment details and then wait for you to forget to cancel the trial, so they can take your money. From a customer perspective, it will give you more credibility if you act like professional software providers on the market.

MrKing01, Jul 20, 2017 IP