1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Check ANY domain for availability at Network Solutions = THEY register it, ALLEGEDLY!

Discussion in 'Domain Names' started by Osensei, Jan 8, 2008.

1. Aspry

Aspry Banned

Best Answers:
    Definitely,have/had (even right before less than 2 weeks),with some of the best registrars around !
    But not sure,who are the exact front runners.:(
    But luckily,about most of them are freed again after days/weeks.

Aspry, Jan 28, 2008 IP
  2. GreenGambler

GreenGambler Notable Member

Best Answers:
    When I very first started domaining I would check names at Network Solutions and I noticed that within a week or so, alot of the names I searched were reg'd. I don't know if it was a coincidence or not but I found other placed to spin names.

GreenGambler, Jan 28, 2008 IP
  3. Osensei

Osensei Peon

Best Answers:
    As promised, I stopped going on about this when NetSol put the disclaimer on their front page and demonstrated in other ways that they no longer assume the general public are 100% naive.

But not everyone has forgotten about it - a class action law suit against NetSol has reportedly just been filed, or at least just announced today:

http://www.forbes.com/prnewswire/fe...swire200802251330PR_NEWS_USPR_____LAM061.html

According to the marketing blurb, the clients of the law firm behind this (Kabateck Brown Kellner) have won more than $750 million against Google, Yahoo!, Farmer's Insurance, Eli Lilly and others.

ICANN is also named in the suit.

Osensei, Feb 25, 2008 IP
  4. exodus

exodus Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Whom would this class action law suit cover? Anyone that did a search or only those that followed through and purchased a domain?

exodus, Feb 26, 2008 IP
  5. thallewell

thallewell Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Something similar to this happened to me just a few days ago. On Jan 30th 2008 I looked up the domain name HomeServiceHub.com using Godaddy. It was available. The next day I got on Godaddy.com with the intent to purchase only to find that it had been registered for 1 year that day! I don't have any type of proof but all I can think is that someone somewhere knew that I had looked and bought it before I decided to the next day.

Thallewell

thallewell, Feb 26, 2008 IP
  6. Pixelrage

Pixelrage Peon

Best Answers:
    same thing happened to me. I actually found a domain still for sale late last summer - clicktube(.)com, and went back to buy it the next day. Not only was it gone, but the whois said that it was sold almost 2 years ago :confused:

Pixelrage, Feb 26, 2008 IP
  7. nadalaka

nadalaka Peon

Best Answers:
    do not visit those sites ( HomeServiceHub.com etc ) but check after 3-4 days in some other registrars

may be it will be released

nadalaka, Feb 28, 2008 IP
  8. usasportstraining

usasportstraining Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Articles:
    I'm going to check some ridiculously long domains and see if it's registered a few days later.

usasportstraining, Mar 28, 2008 IP
  9. david99

david99 Member

Best Answers:
    i wish i had seen this thread before...

i used networksolutions so its easy to search multiple domains at once.. the domain came up available... then went to my domain host who charges $8 per domain, network solutions had booked the domain by then... i checked who is info, and the date of registration confirmed registration was triggered from search... went back to network solutions and looked for the domain, they showed it available because they have it registered... so i was forced to register thru them, for $35...

so at the end of the day I lost around $25 + any tranfer fees to my existing registrar... bastards, though its only $25, i feel like suing them...

david99, Apr 7, 2008 IP