1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

cheated by everyone on the internet.

Discussion in 'SEO' started by indiasbull, Nov 25, 2014.

1. sarahk

sarahk iTamer Staff

Best Answers:
    Does that suggest that the site shouldn't be in English?

sarahk, Nov 28, 2014 IP
  2. etc

etc Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    gameswala.com seem no different to any other game site, whats stopping your visitors to move to another game site?
    maybe if yo have programs for loyal users you get more traffic. Lets say you have a forum where these users talk anything inside the site, this should at least give you other ways to make them stay. And maybe something else might spark.

etc, Nov 28, 2014 IP
  3. Content Maestro

Content Maestro Notable Member

Best Answers:
    I don't think so. On the contrary, what he's trying to say is the LEAST the OP can do using Indian word 'wala' is target 'desi' i.e native traffic. 'Des' in Hindi means country and 'desi' is its adjectival form which means native. India alone has a whopping 302,000,000 internet users which indicates that the potential with Indian traffic considered solely is huge.

Exactly. The cause of OP's website not getting the expected no. of hits has more to do with the way he's trying to promote it. The domain name in my view doesn't matter much as far as you include the word 'game' in it. Four-letter domain names have all been used up till now and it's very hard to find and pick the one you like. You just have to go with whatever is available at whatever price.

OP, from what you say, I guess you've been switching your strategies too fast. I would encourage you to go a little steady with the one you choose. Success in IM is more about trial and error and there isn't a sure-fire way to drive traffic to your website. If you go on listening to each and everyone under the sun, you will get evermore confused and it will lead you nowhere at last. When you adopt a particular course of action, be patient and give some time for the results to come about. On the other hand, it would not be wise to stick to one plan for too long as the market scenario is very fleeting. E.g. the parameters for SEO have changed a lot over time and they still keep on changing wildly. When the niche sites were dominant some time ago, spun content was enough for them to get at top in SERPs. But Google has recently announced Popadom, Platypus, Pitbull, Panda, Hummingbird, Penguin and various other updates to their indexing techniques which are focused more on reader-oriented text. Consequently, low-grade or spun content is being kicked out day-after-day. This has created a grave need for many website owners and IMers to replace all crappy stuff on their websites. That's why, keep yourself updated and try everything you feel will genuinely bring about the results you desire. There are many so-called 'SEO gurus' who blatantly claim to know everything and naive folks desperate for quick success and big money easily get deceived by their (fake) promises and fall prey. Always rely on your own judgment and use your sixth sense. IM is not about making huge money or being successful overnight but it's about experimenting, failing, learning from those failures and standing up again to make a fresh new start. What others tell you will not take you so far as much as your own experience, learning and knowledge will.

Hope this helps. Good luck.

Last edited: Nov 29, 2014
    Content Maestro, Nov 29, 2014 IP
    prince@life likes this.
  4. indiasbull

indiasbull Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Articles:
    i am creating content myself, nowdays (from last few months) i dont have money to spend so i am doing work myself like bookmarking and directory submission, FB, tiwtter post etc. but i am not getting any result, i really still dont understand the criteria of SEO or might be STARS are not with me.

i am depressed but i will work till i can, i am not treating my site like A SITE, i treat my site like my KID, so it doesnt matter that my site behave good to me or not, i had to love my site(kid) till i am alive.

love you kid, show some smile on face of your father :(

Last edited: Nov 29, 2014
    indiasbull, Nov 29, 2014 IP
  5. Content Maestro

Best Answers:
    It's quite natural to be depressed or discouraged after you've been trying with no success for the last 5 years. But this is one thing that you should watch out for - DON'T GET INTO A NEGATIVE MINDSET. I repeat - DON'T GET INTO A NEGATIVE MINDSET. This will further spoil your chances for success.
    You need to introspect and do a bit of analysis of what you had been trying all these years. Take a look again at that magnificent post by @prince@life. Find out more about what successful people have been doing. What's it that they have done and you've been missing all the while? That precisely will give you an idea of where you are falling short.
    Keep on trying. Perseverance is the key. 'Rome was not built in a day.'

6. malky66

malky66 Acclaimed Member

Best Answers:
    Really??...When I look at your site and see all those ridiculous ads it makes me want to leave the site immediately, and I bet I'm not the only one who thinks like that, I mean c'mon 7 banner ads on the game page, that's ridiculous.....It looks like you treat your site purely as a money making exercise.
    Is that how you treat your kids, have them out working trying to earn money for you?

malky66, Nov 29, 2014 IP
  7. indiasbull

Best Answers:
    Articles:
    thanks CONTENT MAESTRO, your words really encourage me, so from next day again i am going to do the same thing which i am doing, also will try to search new things on net to do for my site.

i met so many SEO company owners in my country in various cities, they all doing the same what i am doing for my site, thats why i feel depressed that if this is the SEO then i knew it but not getting results.

thanks digitalpoint for your valuable forum, your forum really help me lot especially emotinally where people really love to help each other, rather then smile on the back.

dear , i put ads just few days back, so i dont know which is the perfect space to place add. if its looking bad, i will remove it right now.

and about game page, it shows same add 3 times in a same page, i didnt notice about this thing, will see it in 2-3 days will remove all ads more then 2.

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 29, 2014
    indiasbull, Nov 29, 2014 IP
  8. sarahk

sarahk iTamer Staff

Best Answers:
    You say no and then back up my question.

If you have a market that is 302 million people who will see a game wala as a positive thing to be associated with why would you use a stranger's language - why not use their own?

sarahk, Nov 29, 2014 IP
  9. Content Maestro

Best Answers:
    I said no to the implication that @FreeFun4Every1 is suggesting the site shouldn't be in English. I'm not backing up your question. I'm pointing out that the least the OP can do with the word 'wala' in his website's domain name is target Indian traffic which alone is enough to fetch a massive no. of hits due to its size. The content on the website can be in any language the OP wants.

10. sarahk

sarahk iTamer Staff

Best Answers:
    Is English literacy so high that those 302 million people in India will find an english games website easy to understand?

sarahk, Nov 30, 2014 IP
  11. indiasbull

Best Answers:
    Articles:
    i removed all the adds.

u can check it now.

indiasbull, Nov 30, 2014 IP
  12. FreeFun4Every1

FreeFun4Every1 Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    No. I am just talking about domain name that "wala" word will not create any problem, website should be in English.

FreeFun4Every1, Dec 1, 2014 IP
  13. Content Maestro

Best Answers:
    There are only 10.35% English speakers in India. The stats are on this page – http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_countries_by_English-speaking_population.
    However, for a website that has to do with games and similar stuff, I don't think the language matters much at least as far as the audience is concerned. For SEO and other technical aspects, it might be important for indexing and SERPs or even for people who are interested in reading lengthy walk-throughs. I, for one, wouldn't be among them - just like most others, I'm interested only in knowing which keys to hit once the game loads.:)

Content Maestro, Dec 1, 2014 IP
    sarahk likes this.
  14. FreeFun4Every1

FreeFun4Every1 Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    The list is 10-14 year old so the percentage must be higher then shown here and as ground reality is that what I had feel and seen a person who didn't passed highschool is using android, it's all apps and internet very well. As our people found it easy to understand English in phone and internet rather than regional languages. So they keep default language English and learn basic English in this way. :)

FreeFun4Every1, Dec 2, 2014 IP
    sarahk likes this.
  15. Content Maestro

Best Answers:
    How much do you think the percentage has changed over these 10-14 years? Not much I figure.
    Again, to be able to operate Android phones and other gadgets, one doesn't need to have a good command of English. Heck, one doesn't even need to understand English or be a speaker of that language! All you need to know is what particular words from the application menu stand for, commands they execute and functions they perform ........ after which you are all set to dabble in your phone. How, then, is the rest of the 90% non-English speaking population able to operate these gadgets so swiftly?

Last edited: Dec 2, 2014
    Content Maestro, Dec 2, 2014 IP
  16. CYCchips

CYCchips Active Member

Best Answers:
    watch this! [​IMG]
    and take a action no more get cheated by any one..and be your self do not copy be more creative,make it fast!;)

CYCchips, Dec 3, 2014 IP