1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Cheap phpLd deeplink mod?

Discussion in 'Directories' started by agnivo007, Apr 22, 2007.

1. popotalk

popotalk Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Less Expensive is OK. Matter of fact we use this in our daily lives and in reality and theres no harm with that. With some items is like one has to have a warranty of some sort with the best support you can get. Maybe that what britishguy meant.

popotalk, Apr 22, 2007 IP
  2. SilkySmooth

SilkySmooth Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    So if someone offered you a deep links mod for free and a deep links mod for $100, you would go for the $100 based on the above statement because free is quite clearly too cheap.

Thats bad business in my book.

What if you were then to find out after you have paid your 100 bucks that the free version was written by someone with over 8 years experience in developing high end PHP applications, most of which are way more advanced than the software phpLD itself. That it was tested on 10+ very popular and active directories before release without any problems or bugs, and last but not least came with free support.

Of course, the chances of the above happening are slim, but I think I make my point :D Cheap doesn't automatically mean bad.

SilkySmooth, Apr 22, 2007 IP
  3. britishguy

britishguy Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    You will note that I did not make a single reference to FREE Products(some of which are excellent)

The OP asked about Cheap I simply answered on that basis

britishguy, Apr 22, 2007 IP
  4. SilkySmooth

Best Answers:
    Fair point, but what if I made it $10 :D

britishguy likes this.
  5. popotalk

popotalk Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Actually it depends. Just making a fun discussion without pun intent. In my offline business Many offers for us to use cleaning chemicals for my company. Matter of fact in mold remediation I have to choose between Microban Products and Sporicidin for mildew disinfection which are priced at $29.00 and $37.00 per gallon respectively. I could have saved a lot in using the less expensive product but I am already well aware of the product and its effectiveness of Sporicidin besides the support the company and distributors of said product, they are throwing support for us in the market. Meaning the provider doesn't only give us support technically it also gives us support business wise. What do I mean ? Throwing us business, refferals and additional clients means a big factor. In the long run its a win win situation using the more expensive one as you can get the so called PLUS Factor. Now, if the less expensive ones could match the plus factors for FREE then why not ?

I have to edit as I forgot the most important term. Loyalty and Friendship. That counts a lot too.

6. LeopardAt1

LeopardAt1 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:

Hi, what exactly are the plus factors other then the way the mod works itself. I keep hearing about support, but just wondering...once the Mod is up and running, when is there a time to need support again? Anyone know?

LeopardAt1, Apr 22, 2007 IP
  7. britishguy

britishguy Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    Hey Buddy thanks but this thread does not allow for purchases to be made off topic ;)

And seriously as popotalk touched upon you can select a number of types in a similar range

It is for everyone to find their own product that matches their functional requirement

I know also that popotalk sets very high standards with his directories and his integrity

We all have a choice to follow on how to categorize our products and our standards we try to set high standards as we believe in that is the best for us to market our services within a 'fail safe' comfort zone

Every Free Lunch has a pay back factor somewhere, sometime

Only from our experience when we have tried to cut costs and corners it has always cost us more in the long term

But hey we are only now in our 11th year full time on the net, and we learn new things everyday so maybe today we find a free product that is excellent, who knows, time will tell :)

britishguy, Apr 22, 2007 IP
  8. teamshop

teamshop Plainsman

Best Answers:
    I asked for it when I changed templates though I ended up doing it myself and I am sure many who will be upgrading to 3.2 will be asking for help as well

teamshop, Apr 22, 2007 IP
  9. SilkySmooth

Best Answers:
    I disagree with the free lunch comment, but lets just agree to disagree on this one ;)

10. an0n

an0n Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    I'll order 50 from you.

upgrade my phpld from version 2.0 all the way up to 3.2 one day at a time, (it BETTER be backwards compatible too and support my 6,7,8, versions of php too) and after thats done, i will change the template 50 more times, and i will expect it done the same day.

Then I will ask another 50 more people to buy it and do the same, and see where are left standing at the end of your day.

Oh, did i say standing? I meant half-assed passed out, catching yourself waking up midway down to the keyboard about to crack your head.

p.s. i'm going to instant message you every 5 minutes until its done. I'll even want to chat WITH you while you are doing all of this.

an0n, Apr 22, 2007 IP
  11. shortd81

shortd81 Banned

Best Answers:
    Let me be honest with you.

To sum it all up:
    You get what you pay for. With the support and the perfection of this mod I would've paid 2x's what he is asking. It all goes back to how far you want to take your directory.

If there is another mod/hack out for deeplinks I'm almost positive it's nothing compared to what an0n has done, and that's including people stealing the javascript that he had create ;)

shortd81, Apr 22, 2007 IP
  12. LeopardAt1

Best Answers:
    Ouch,,,so for all his clients he has to reinstall the mod anytime one updgrades or change templates....sounds more like a installation job then support. If he offers that free and no installation fee, then I guess you can say that $100 can be good value.

13. popotalk

popotalk Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Yes, there are. As far as I know I am not techie and I don't know how many percentage of owners are techie since even Mystik and Jeff of Aviva aren't. So for the fact that there are already MODS that are installed we can't guarantee that I could not blow up the system by myself. It happened to me 3 times and I am very thankful that the guy is always there for me. I have changed templates how many times and the guy was there to RE-INSTALL the MODS for me. There are many more instances but I'll stop here for now.

And to pester him at 3AM in the morning by phone to let him know that my Deeplinks was blown by one of my editors without giving me a sign that he is too pissed that I bothered him. Is it worth the $100.

And where is my Coupon MOD ?

14. an0n

an0n Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    BTW, coupon MOD installed too. :)

and you had that same issue with the submit again and i fixed that for you as well.

an0n, Apr 22, 2007 IP
  15. ! Ask !

! Ask ! Peon

Best Answers:
    For lifetime support, upgrades and re-installations $100 looks pretty cheap to me..
    The offering is a service not code, I think that is what people don’t get.

! Ask !, Apr 22, 2007 IP
  16. jetbrains

jetbrains Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Someone thinks $100 is pricy for deep links mod, but I think it's at reasonable price.
    Why? becasue deep links mod isn't plug and play .It will take an0n almost one hour to rectify table structure, modify template,etc.

jetbrains, Apr 22, 2007 IP
  17. teamshop

teamshop Plainsman

Best Answers:
    That could be true but I think the OP understands that but realizes he can not afford the Mercedes and was wondering if Ford also makes it...

teamshop, Apr 22, 2007 IP
  18. popotalk

popotalk Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Your quick to answer. He he. I haven't seen it yet and will take a glance later with Mr. Paypal at the same time.

I had steak, corn and java rice at the party and you've missed it. :D

19. onlinedude

onlinedude Peon

Best Answers:
    Aviva stands for nothing but the best and that is why we exclusively use mods (and technical support) from an0n.

an0n's mods work flawlessly. His support is second to none. If there is a problem with Aviva, even at 3 a.m., I can pick up the phone and have it dealt with instantly.

As well, there's a real matter of trust, as our database and files are valuable. an0n is the only one who has ever had login information for Aviva.

onlinedude, Apr 22, 2007 IP
    shortd81 likes this.
  20. LeopardAt1

Best Answers:
    an hour to rectify table structure....can I ask you what that means? an hr to change a table structure??