1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Cheap one-way link buys - the new plague in SEO??

Discussion in 'Search Engine Optimization' started by rbleyer, Mar 26, 2006.

1. rbleyer

rbleyer Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Nice Jim - Yeah you totally right - Long term is the key - 2 years is good time to let the site build then really rake it in. Keeping the site positive in cash flow to marketing in that time is the right idea for sure. Good luck with all your ventures I am sure you are making a killing online!!!

rbleyer, Mar 28, 2006 IP
  2. jim

jim Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I'm working on making that killing :) and I do think those one way links help. At least I know that not all my links come from directories...

jim, Mar 29, 2006 IP
  3. CReed

CReed Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    I question the value also. Having reviewed a few of the potential links pages prior to placing an order it was clear than a number of links would be coming from sites that they had no direct association with. In other words, these sites used automated link scripts and anyone could add a link just by filling out a form.

I'm not surprised that you're seeing links drop off after a few months. How many of the pages where you're links were posted are no longer available? If the page is still available, it would strike me as odd that my link was replaced with one elsewhere.

I've come across some who have arbitrarily modified the anchor text and the link location after they've agreed to placement and anchor text prior to payment. Then they have the audacity to ask that I submit iTrader feedback for them.

I prefer to deal directly with the admin or owner when exchanging links or purchasing ads. What appears to be some of the best deals advertised have turned out to be ones I regret the most.

CReed, Mar 29, 2006 IP
  4. rbleyer

rbleyer Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Hey Jim - yeah - Not all my links come from directories for sure - I am even ordered some cheaper One Way link buys - testing new suppliers over the past few days - Fingers crossed - lol - But also over the past few days I have purchased some link deals directly - which are always nice as I know what I am getting for the $$$.

I agree with CReed - It is much nicer to go direct and know you are getting quality links. Then you also have direct contact if the links suddenly go down.

rbleyer, Mar 29, 2006 IP
  5. sachin410

sachin410 Illustrious Member

Best Answers:
    Most one way link builders are actually offering link exchange.

They have a simple modus operandi.

They create many many directories and sites on various common subjects - health , finance , SEO etc.

They spread their sites across various hosts and IPs.

Next they build high PR for these sites by various methods.

When someone orders ...lets say 25 links from them for a health related site, they would find 25 health - related sites which are willing to exchange links. They offer these sites links from their own sites , in return of links to their customer's sites.

As this is essentially a link exchange ...the costs remains low. Many links may get removed in the future, but still I think this is the most economical way of building relevant links...after all where can you get permanent links for 3-4$ .

sachin410, Mar 29, 2006 IP
  6. NewTechniques

NewTechniques Banned

Best Answers:
    Well If you look for cheap solutions - you might have faced some problems !

Its always good to work with professional companies, who understand the purpose of Link building.

Anyone who goes in for Link Building needs to look at some of the following points :

1) Insist on Different IPs for all sites.
    2) Make sure that there are no more than 50 links on the page where your link is placed.
    3) If you look to buy links at throw away prices - dont expect anything more than throw away stuff !!
    4) Well Website owners pay for SEO setup and SEO Maintainance fees - Isnt it worth paying for link building and link maintainance seperately ???

Thanks.
    NT

NewTechniques, Mar 30, 2006 IP