1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Charged me $241 in less than a week

Discussion in 'Yahoo Search Marketing' started by Tracey12, Jan 18, 2007.

I signed up with YSM a some days ago, and I made my daily maximum thing $5/day.

Well today when I went to look at my debit card transactions, I see that they have charged me all together $241!!!! WTH. What should I do? I have no doubt in my mind this is wrong. I haven't even been with them for a week, so there is no way I could've spent that much money on advertising their. I even limit my advertising to $100/mo. throughout all the companies I advertise with.

Tracey12, Jan 18, 2007 IP
  2. frankcow

frankcow Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Call/email them ASAP. If your monthly budget is $100, it's obviously an error in their system

frankcow, Jan 18, 2007 IP
  3. SNap3

SNap3 Peon

Best Answers:
    Don't wait for email, call them at once!
    If this happend to me, I would go nuts!

SNap3, Jan 18, 2007 IP
  4. Tracey12

Tracey12 Peon

Best Answers:
    I just called them. The guy who I talked to was an idiot, so I hung up on his face. He said I was only charged $115, when I was supposed to be charged $150, and he actually said I was in negative balance. I just e-mailed them with the proof. I'm probably not going to use YSM after this.

Tracey12, Jan 18, 2007 IP
  5. apples2apple

apples2apple Peon

Best Answers:
    What's your balance showing in the account?
    I just opened an account with them yesterday and they've already started to charge me today...

apples2apple, Jan 18, 2007 IP
  6. Tracey12

Tracey12 Peon

Best Answers:
    They've refunded me my money.

I had a balance before of -9. Now I have +75.

Tracey12, Jan 19, 2007 IP
  7. giovanni

giovanni Peon

Best Answers:
    Nice to know you got your $ back

giovanni, Jan 19, 2007 IP
  8. apples2apple

apples2apple Peon

Best Answers:
    Thanks for the info... gonna check my account little quick here...

apples2apple, Jan 19, 2007 IP
  9. beejeebers

beejeebers Peon

Best Answers:
    They do put a charge on the card intially that doesn't actually go through just to make sure the cards legit before they proceed. That may have happened here...

beejeebers, Jan 20, 2007 IP
  10. Johu

Johu Peon

Best Answers:
    Yahoo needs to change to a system like Google & MSN use, where it charges your card after the clicks have been accrued, and not prior to it.

Johu, Jan 24, 2007 IP
  11. Tracey12

Tracey12 Peon

Best Answers:
    I agree. I'm not a fan of their system. Thats why I'm not using it, and I even have a $75/dollar credit with them.

Tracey12, Jan 25, 2007 IP
  12. TechEvangelist

TechEvangelist Guest

Best Answers:
    I dumped them a while back when they still has a $20 monthy minimum that you had to spend. If you didn't spend at least $20 on clicks, they would deduct that amount from your account. It still cost you $20 even if you put your ads on pause.

When I dropped them, it took a month and several phone calls to get them to refund my balance. They kept telling me it was being processed. :rolleyes:

TechEvangelist, Jan 25, 2007 IP
    GTech likes this.
  13. hawksrnm1

hawksrnm1 Peon

Best Answers:
    you will get refunded for the money that it went over, however you need to think of things this way because this was my problem when i first started. Lets say you have a handful of keywords and they are at$0.75 and your in the #1-5 position there is a good chance that if you have enough of these keywords you might get a lot of clicks. Just because you have reached your maximum amount doesn;t mean your ads are going to be off. They have such a large amount of ads to control that is impossible to do.

In your case you are way over but i am generally $5-10 over a day and then the next day im a little under. It all averages out in the long run. Just make sure your not running too many high priced keywords because that might be too much for such a small amount of money your paying.

Also no offense but your going to be the last of yahoos worries because your spending pocket change to them. I am the same way. I only spend $60 a day. They care more about the happiness of people that spend $1000's per day.

hawksrnm1, Feb 2, 2007 IP
  14. SonicReducer

SonicReducer Peon

Best Answers:
    You guys know that you can set your account up on prepaid. You deposit whatever amount you want, when it runs out, the clicks stop.

SonicReducer, Feb 2, 2007 IP
  15. Seleno

Seleno Peon

Best Answers:
    these companies always will refund you,they are not taking our money,any wrong they will refund as u said,but YSM still new!

Seleno, Feb 4, 2007 IP
  16. mobilebay

mobilebay Active Member

Best Answers:
    Don't cut your nose off to spite your face, overture / yahoo search marketing does work, :)

mobilebay, Feb 12, 2007 IP