1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Chargeback with Paypal

Discussion in 'General Business' started by lapsaJ, Jun 11, 2007.

1. me4you

me4you Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    may be you just scamed he paid form a Hacked CC. dont back the money.
    infrom paypal vai ph about the issuses. he can do anything.

me4you, Jun 12, 2007 IP
  2. Raisin

Raisin Active Member

Best Answers:
    As others have said never refund someone with a different payment method than the one originally used. For example someone could buy a site from you for $2000 with paypal, ask for a refund using a wire transfer and then after receiving the money initiate a charge back for an additional $2000. Since you didn't refund the money through paypal you'd have a hard time proving to paypal that you already gave him a refund. This reason along with the other good ones people have posted should send up a huge red flag to you the minute someone asks for a refund payment with a different method.

Raisin, Jun 12, 2007 IP
  3. moneybully

moneybully Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    it's easy to provide proof of refund if its the correct person

moneybully, Jun 12, 2007 IP
  4. Raisin

Raisin Active Member

Best Answers:
    That's a big if. When dealing with scammers like this you'll often discover that the person who paid for your site and the one who you wired money to are not the same. You might eventually get your money back from paypal, but I wouldn't describe it as being easy.

Raisin, Jun 12, 2007 IP
  5. cobby

cobby Peon

Best Answers:
    yeah plus once hes gotten access to the digital files he can copy an infinate level of times so a refund would not protect you from digital theft. its a no brainer, no returns for digital products like that. even if the guy is on the up and up he would have a copy of what he paid for after he returns it. try and buy pc software at walmart and return it after the seal on the case is broken, see what they tell you. Aint happenin bubba

cobby, Jun 16, 2007 IP