1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Changing twitter handle w/out losing followers

Discussion in 'Twitter' started by Bellabelleza, Aug 19, 2015.

Hello!

This is my first time posting in this forum, and I hope I am not screwing it up or anything!

My question is somewhat convoluted...

I have a twitter account I started long ago with my actual name. For example it's Jane Doe @JaneDoe. I rarely used it and wasn't very into twitter, but I had some family members and friends who followed me and a few random people. Then...I decided to take part in the fandom of my favorite television show...This annoys my husband to no end. He unfortunately navigates to my twitter and reads all my tweets...

I have established a rapport with all of my friends within the fandom, have made about 100 new followers through it.

My goal would be to just change my handle name, and maybe the name that appears before it to something that people can still associate with me, but wouldn't be searchable by my husband? I know this is probably not possible and I'll have to probably just start a whole new account and try to remind people who I am. The thing is, I don't want to post in my old account what the new handle is, because then he will see it. I need to be incognito!

I realize it sounds so ridiculous and silly, and I hope the question makes sense.
    THANKS SO MUCH FOR ANY HELP OR SUGGESTIONS!

Bellabelleza, Aug 19, 2015 IP
  2. JEET

JEET Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Ok, I checked on my profile, and you can't change the handle.
    I think you might be able to set your tweets as "protected" in settings section. Then only your approved followers will be able to see those tweets.
    I have never tried this myself, so I'm not 100% sure. When I try to follow someone whose tweets are protected, then instead of changing the "follow" button to "following", twitter changes it to "pending". Probably those members need to approve me as followers. I'm not sure.

If you make a new handle, instead of tweeting about it on your current account, you can send a direct message to your current followers from your current account. That way your husband won't see it.
    In the new handle, make sure the protected setting is checked before your husband joins in. Then don't approve him! :)

JEET, Aug 20, 2015 IP