1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Changing the Page Title

Discussion in 'CSS' started by Jordan Roper, Aug 4, 2015.

Hi Guys,

I hope someone can help?

I'm not very technical so please forgive my naivety but I have had a website designed by someone and I need to make some changes to the HTML code and don't know where to start. It's a WordPress website and although I'm familiar with the WordPress settings, they won't allow me to make the changes I need to.

The issues is probably very simple - the page title is currently a h2 and I just need to change it to a h1 but I don't know which file to go into or how to find it?

Thank you in advance, look forward to hearing back.

Kind Regards,

Jordan

Jordan Roper, Aug 4, 2015 IP
  2. PoPSiCLe

PoPSiCLe Illustrious Member

Best Answers:
    You'll find the title-tag either in the header.php or index.php, most likely. Look in the theme-editor. However, you might have to change more than just the tag - depending on what you're trying to do. Most likely you'll have to change the CSS as well.

PoPSiCLe, Aug 4, 2015 IP
  3. purelythemes

purelythemes Member

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    Go to "Appearance -> Editor" in your WordPress administration menu on the left side.
    Then on the right side of the editor page, try to find "header.php" and open that up. If you're lucky all you need to do is search for the <h2> tag and hope it corresponds with the correct one on your site you want changed. To make sure it does, you have to compare the header.php contents with the current websites content.

purelythemes, Aug 13, 2015 IP