1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Changing templates (the SEO perspective)

Discussion in 'Joomla' started by DickTurpin, Dec 19, 2012.

Hello everybody,

I am managing a site that is on Joomla! (2.5) and the team and I have already done extensive SEO work (backlinks building,etc) and have managed to rank the site for the keywords we have targeted.

The situation is that we have created a new template for the site to give it a fresh new look and we are soon to install it and proceed with the transition. Of course we have taken care of making sure all CONTENT, like text, alt text on images, titles, and URL's, remain the same to try our best that Google keeps watching the site like it did before, with no content differences.

The only things that has changed on the new template are the structural elements, like id names, classes names, <div> and other tags positions, and of course CSS.

My question is, what do you guys think is gonna happen, would we see any change on the rankings position of the page? or as long as the elements mentioned remain the same (content per se) Google should still look at the page as the same as before and leave us alone?

I appreciate your thoughts

later

Dick.:eek:

DickTurpin, Dec 19, 2012 IP
  2. sarah_23

sarah_23 Active Member

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    I believe it will make no effect unless you change content, link, title, text, pages etc.

sarah_23, Nov 15, 2013 IP
  3. andromega

andromega Peon

Best Answers:
    It may make a difference in terms of speed and validity. Do a google page speed test with both templates and also check your templates html markup validity. Google will lower your ranking if your website went slower over time (less than a month).

andromega, Nov 26, 2013 IP