1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Changing Registration and activation email settings..

Discussion in 'vBulletin' started by JPMiddleton, Jun 22, 2011.

Does anyone know how I can change the email address that sends the activation email?

I would really appreciate some help, as I have a number of members awaiting activation!

JPMiddleton, Jun 22, 2011 IP
  2. strudinox

strudinox Active Member

Best Answers:
    Change the webmaster's email under admincp >> Settings >> Options >> Site Name / URL / Contact Details

strudinox, Jun 22, 2011 IP
  3. JPMiddleton

JPMiddleton Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Thanks for the reply. I did this and it is correct for the email I need it to be saved as, however I am having problems with new users not receiving activation emails. Do you know of any other reason why this would happen?

JPMiddleton, Jun 22, 2011 IP
  4. strudinox

strudinox Active Member

Best Answers:
    It may be that the php mailer isn't sending mail like it should. That might be the best place to start. I've had this happen to me on one of my servers. I ended up having to use one of my Google mail account as an SMTP server. It might be worth going that route to see if that fixes it. What kind of server are you using?

strudinox, Jun 22, 2011 IP
  5. digitalpoint

digitalpoint Overlord of no one Staff

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    Check your mail server logs to see if the emails are being delivered to their mail provider or not. You can't control what they do with the email after the server accepts it, but you can at least see if the issue is your end or their mail provider.

digitalpoint, Jun 22, 2011 IP
  6. JPMiddleton

Best Answers:
    Thanks I have done this, and there appears to be no problem on our end, so frustrating though, a lot of users still not recognised as activated.

JPMiddleton, Jun 25, 2011 IP
  7. masterrio

masterrio Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Ok, what control panel do u use, I am assuming u r on at least a vps if not a dedi and using cpanel and WHM.
    Lets do a small test.

Now go to ur ACP -> Send email to users -> Send urself an mail (it should not be @urdomain.com, it can be yahoo, msn or wat ever) -> check if u have recd. mail in ur inbox
    If u recv. it, test with other email providers and if u r able to get them all, then nothing is wrong with your delivery system. If suppose, u didn't recv. them check ur WHM Mail Queue Manager, check the mails u sent to ur self, they must be in queue, try forcing send over there, if there is an error u will get the error msg and u could give us the error and we could help u out

About members not been activated, try sending activation mail to users waiting for activation. And remember there would be tons of users with wrong email addresses, mis-spelled addresses.

masterrio, Jun 28, 2011 IP
  8. JPMiddleton

Best Answers:
    Thanks for your reply. Maybe it is a spam problem, but no one has been activated at all for some time. I have done all the suggestions and still no resolution.

JPMiddleton, Jun 30, 2011 IP
  9. masterrio

masterrio Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    well, let me tell u something, on my friend's forum the total registered users is 26k, users waiting email confirmation is 5k, he tried sending activation mails lots of times, but there hasn't been much improvement other than few registrations when its sent.
    If u look into the email addresses of those, u could note lots of spell errors as well like - , , - these are just a few examples I am giving and not the real ones :p

Some users recv. the mail to spam or junk boxes. And some part of the users don't check spam or junk boxes for mails, they just check the inbox, so if ur sent mail is recd. in spam box user who doesn't check it will not activate his account.

Hope this helps :)

masterrio, Jul 3, 2011 IP
  10. JPMiddleton

Best Answers:
    Well, quite a few people have actually registered no problem and activated also - but not shown up as registered members which is strange so I am going to contact vB.

JPMiddleton, Jul 3, 2011 IP